What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

you protect against first strike , you loose access to them after the initial strike as the exit is simply no more . they become like Saddam buried airforce
There are multiple exits, and considering size it is quite easy camuflage few exits and kept secret, those UAVs dont need large strips... Also, Just position of these bases and defense around is chelenge. But ofcourse you cant protect every Thing 100%...

There are multiple exits, and considering size it is quite easy camuflage few exits and kept secret, those UAVs dont need large strips... Also, Just position of these bases and defense around is chelenge. But ofcourse you cant protect every Thing 100%...
sadly this is not the cases , some of those uavs are larger than f-4 and f-5s
using this scheme will leave no place for a strong manned airforce in future if they want to put all their eggs in underground basket

I would like to repeat that with this ‘underground doctrine’ there is no room (no pun intended) for a conventional Air Force.

well , open field airbases didn't work for Ukraine against Russian air force and missile force ... they just lost their air force against old missiles and dumb bomb of old russian airplanes in just 2 weeks ...

USA is more stronger than Russia in this field ...

having underground base doesn't mean we don't have open field bases around country ( which we have ) ... we just make more option for us and make it more harder and costlier for enemy to attack our assets ...

and how many base USA want to attack at once , it need extensive preparation and hundred of aircraft which will expose their plan to attack us ...

one of our first underground air base is in Omidiyeh which USA instruct building it ...

well , open field airbases didn't work for Ukraine against Russian air force and missile force ... they just lost their air force against old missiles and dumb bomb of old russian airplanes in just 2 weeks ...

USA is more stronger than Russia in this field ...

having underground base doesn't mean we don't have open field bases around country ( which we have ) ... we just make more option for us and make it more harder and costlier for enemy to attack our assets ...

and how many base USA want to attack at once , it need extensive preparation and hundred of aircraft which will expose their plan to attack us ...

one of our first underground air base is in Omidiyeh which USA instruct building it ...
Understood. But caution, when you say ‘it doesn’t mean X’ you’re pointing out an exception rather than a strategic doctrine. By all accounts a conventional Air Force is not in the cards and never will be. These sites are a clear indication of that.

Understood. But caution, when you say ‘it doesn’t mean X’ you’re pointing out an exception rather than a strategic doctrine. By all accounts a conventional Air Force is not in the cards and never will be. These sites are a clear indication of that.
no , we have too many air fields around country , but I doubt those can survive first wave of USA attacks ...

I dunno,

These tunnel seem wide enough to accommodate a jet, I suppose to really depends on the exists and whether it can take off, directly from it.
no , we have too many air fields around country , but I doubt those can survive first wave of USA attacks ...
US is less likely to attack Iran anytime soon, and so things need to be adjusted as a regional war is more probable.

3497435.jpg

👌

This is great but I noticed that none of the UAVs have EO cameras equipped and so I'm slightly puzzled...

Ok, asymptotically, I don’t understand the value of these ‘secret’ bases. How secret can they possibly be and for how long? And once discovered how survivable are they? Can someone act the part of an Iranian military strategist and justify these as tools of war for a layman like me? And, no, ‘these have no value’ is not the answer you-know-who.

I dunno,

These tunnel seem wide enough to accommodate a jet, I suppose to really depends on the exists and whether it can take off, directly from it.

US is less likely to attack Iran anytime soon, and so things need to be adjusted as a regional war is more probable.
US doesn’t have to attack. It’s delegated that to the local frog that is slowly being boiled. Watch the splashing!

4681473.jpg

Some more pics below courtesy of the daily mail,tho in many ways the best bit of the "article" imho,is the idiotic and/or ignorant comments posted by the readers..💩🤡💩
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...looks-like-James-Bond-supervillains-lair.html
58399915-10863611-image-a-78_1653748776851.jpg

58399903-10863611-TV_footage_showed_rows_of_drones_fitted_with_missiles_in_a_tunne-m-82_1653749511873.jpg

58399877-10863611-image-a-56_1653748715244.jpg

This pic confirms that there are at least 4 Kaman 12s,plus in the video we can see one of the prototypes fitted with a 2 bladed prop,and likely the original twin rotor serat 02 rotary engine

Back
Top Bottom