What's new

Iranian Space program

actually we have all the firsts in islamic world and i doubt that there will be any other muslim country capable of performing any space launch in at least 2 decades .

=========================================

Fajr spies on the israeli regime :

892626_288.jpg

«ماهواره فجر» سرزمین‌های اشغالی را اسکن کرد +عکس - مشرق نیوز | mashreghnews.ir

@Falcon29

892669_395.jpg
Hilarious!

Not entirely correct but you have some points. India's SLV is not from 1960's. In 1960's India used to have only sounding rocket experiments not a SLV program. Mind you but the first man made orbital object the Russian Sputnik, was put in space on 4th October of 1957, that is 57 years and 4 months ago to be exact. The first Indian satellite to be put in orbit was in 1980. By your own logic the first Iranian satellite in space being in 2009, Iran is about 29 years behind India and 51 years behind Russia (and the rest of the world). So we can exclude the 8 decades from your statement.

Furthermore, India's R&D budget is not in "hundreds of billions of dollars". The entire R&D budget of the world is something less than 1500 billion dollars with major spenders being US, EU, Japan and China. India's R&D budget is afew tens of billions of dollars with a population of over a billion people. And India did not have much access to space technologies either; specially in the tightly controlled markets of cold war era of 1970's and 80's when they were developing their core space program. In fact, Iran today has better access to obtain technology than India did back then. Now any kid anywhere in the world could purchase electronic processing power capable of orbit projection calculations for afew dollars, while in 1970's India had to spend millions to get a comparable system for the job.

If Iran did set its priorities right and spent the right amount of money and instead of forcing brains out of the country concentrated on hiring brains then, Iran can catch up with India in about 10 years and with China in about 20 years. Which is not bad at all. For a country that used to be on the same level as Afghanistan just 65 years ago, this is already an achievement to be just 50 years behind the industrialized world. Yes, Afghanistan. People forget this but Iran was no different than Afghanistan, the two countries sharing the distinction of being among countries with the world's worst infant mortality rates: List of countries by infant mortality rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sometimes it is better not compare yourself with today's or 1970's Sweden, Germany or France and compare yourself with actually what you were. You will be surprised what you will find out. Ask your elders about Iranian people's lives and how they lived around an "abanbar" and shivered under a "korsi". It is living memory. It is not that far ago. These were the times when Western Europe had become entirely industrialized and physics had discovered general relativity and the code of life, the "DNA" had been broken wide open. Do you see, where you as an Iranian and a Western European come from? Entirely different worlds, my friend. His great grand daddy was discovering neutrons and anti-matter particles when your great grand daddy was wondering about fixing and cleaning the leaking and stinking abanbar. Then how can you, now expect things to be like Denmark in Iran?

Although I,m in consummate accord with most of your words but here are a few observations regarding what u said;

World has witnessed lots of Ups and Downs in last couple of thousand years. When Iranian were the civilized ones, Europeans were hunting pigs in jungles and when Iranians had public sanitary systems, Europeans were washing themselves in rivers. The opposite is true for Iran 100 years ago and West in progress. In order to compare two nations fairly, you must see all its ups and downs. Actually, it seems it is a game of ENVY and then CATCH UP. Sometime back in history, Europeans were jealous of Iranians , then they tried harder and surpassed Iranian level. Now, again, the history repeats itself. This time, Iran was sleep for couple of centuries and envied West. Iran catching up quick. When we talk about numbers about Iran, we should be very update. Many aspects of Iran and Iranians life and tech increasing hugely every year. So, even a 2013 ranking or number may mislead you.

For instance, what you said about Infant Mortality Rate is old news. Iran is now having almost the same numbers as other Developed Nations. Here it says, which is by the way for last year (1392 Iranian calendar , while it is almost 1394 in Iran), It says Infant Mortality Rate decreased to as low as 10.68 from the previous year of 14.46. This shows a nearly %40 improvement annually. So, I guess the current numbers would be well below 8 infants per 1000 births.
آخرین آمار مرگ و میر مادران باردار و نوزادان کشور

The other thing about Iran, being at least 57 years behind West just does not make sense. It is not a fixed trend or formula so we can calculate 57 years accordingly. The only important element in this is the CURRENT GROWTH RATE. Having a satellite being sent to space on 1959 by X country does not mean that country maintained the same growth rate since. So, with current growth rates, it is naive to say West is ahead by 57 years or 20 years.

One must take many variables into account in order to read to a conclusion that X country is ahead of Y country by X years. Well, there are some variables countable. so, what is being highly advanced:
1- Being able to launch heavy payloads to Geo orbit for commercial use.
2- Being able to produce Semi-HighTech, High tech products locally (electronics, IT, Nano, Biotech, stemcells, etc)
3- Being at the edge of Medicine science.
4- Being able to build all different sorts of military gadgets.
5- Having a working social and economic system that produces value
6- Having an innovation based education system
7- Having good scientists who do practical and theoretic research.
8- Being able to acquire locally most of its technological needs.

Well, Iran has the tech to launch 100 kg payloads to 500 km LEO orbit. Iran is working (almost finished) on SLVs to carry its locally built 1 tonnes satellites into GEO 36000 km and it is scheduled to be dine in 4 years from now. Iran produced most of its semi-high tech (Automobiles, heavy industries, etc) and high tech (Nano tech products from simple nano concretes or nano strings for socks to up to state of the art Nano tech molecular microscopes and nano machines, different types of Radars and avionics, advanced composites, most of its IT and computer needs, exotic medicines, missiles, space tech, 3000KM range radars, submarines, robotic tech, sensitive transplants or surgeries and thousands of other things Iranian are mastered to do already. There are few countries in world which are able to produce all that Iran does LOCALLY.

To have a better perspective, we have to respond to these questions;
- Is Iran a head of West in tech and modernity? NO
- Is Iran decades away from Western level? NO
- Does Iranian glorious pre and after Islam history counts in rankings today? NO
- Does Western backwardness before Industrial Revolution counts in rankings today? NO
- Is it likely to see IRAN catches up West in science and tech soon? YES
- Is it possible for Asia to take the place of WEST in couple of decades? Hell, YES

Two days after the launch its Apogee has dropped from 476.7 km to 463.2 km and Perigee from 231.2 km to 229.6 km.

I am clueless. :rolleyes:

FAJR Satellite details 2015-006A NORAD 40387

OK u are the best of the best. But still you cant launch 200 kg satellite which we've launched in 1988.

Talking about Apogee dropping to 463.2 and Perigee to 229.6.. I wonder what kind of obligation you feel inside you that makes you talk about something that you have no idea about.. I don't get it why you insist embarrassing yourself in front of all while you know nothing about Apogee and Perigee or even earth orbit!! why? I personally never spend that much time even searching about Israeli stuff... why do u spend so much time on embarrassing yourself? Although, I know one thing. Jealousy is one important force factor toward better future. Have a better future then!

Btw, having hundreds of Atomic bombs or a 200 kg satellite (no, let,s say a 10000 tonnes satellite!) being sent with the help of your bigger brother or through stealing USA sensitive secrets about advanced systems , which is quite known globally, is quite an accomplishment!!!

and NEVER even for a second doubt that Kollang is better than you. At least he is proud of something his countrymen achieved despite all Western efforts trying not letting it happen. What is to be proud of in a state that breathes other's air, drinks other's water and lives on other's land, sucking US tax payers for money and steals from its own big brother secrets!!

Two days after the launch its Apogee has dropped from 476.7 km to 463.2 km and Perigee from 231.2 km to 229.6 km.

I am clueless. :rolleyes:

No, the Perigee was 224 Km and the Apogee was 472 km. The Perigee has increased almost 8 km.

Read my comment earlier in this thread (page 10)

Last edited:
No, the Perigee was 224 Km and the Apogee was 472 km. The Perigee has increased almost 8 km.

was not aware if the satellites can actually gain distance once in orbit.
is it because of their final angle? if thats the case they should have stabilized by now

was not aware if the satellites can actually gain distance once in orbit.
is it because of their final angle? if thats the case they should have stabilized by now
They can. By either increasing their speed or decreasing it, they can respectively reduce or increase their altitude. This satellite has a cold gas engine that is designed for the same purpose.

They can. By either increasing their speed or decreasing it, they can respectively reduce or increase their altitude. This satellite has a cold gas engine that is designed for the same purpose.
everyday is a school day good to know
I thought they ( the satellites) were a powerless projectile with their altitude and speed completely dependent on their angle and final velocity with which they are pushed out in space and have a lifespan depending upon their altitude and speed with which they were hurdled into earth's orbit.

everyday is a school day good to know
I thought they ( the satellites) were a powerless projectile with their altitude and speed completely dependent on their angle and final velocity with which they are pushed out in space and have a lifespan depending upon their altitude and speed with which they were hurdled into earth's orbit.
True. I didn't know either. Just learned through reading other peoples comments and some personal research.

Here is a good read if you feel like it:

Orbital mechanics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talking about Apogee dropping to 463.2 and Perigee to 229.6.. I wonder what kind of obligation you feel inside you that makes you talk about something that you have no idea about.. I don't get it why you insist embarrassing yourself in front of all while you know nothing about Apogee and Perigee or even earth orbit!! why? I personally never spend that much time even searching about Israeli stuff... why do u spend so much time on embarrassing yourself? Although, I know one thing. Jealousy is one important force factor toward better future. Have a better future then!

Btw, having hundreds of Atomic bombs or a 200 kg satellite (no, let,s say a 10000 tonnes satellite!) being sent with the help of your bigger brother or through stealing USA sensitive secrets about advanced systems , which is quite known globally, is quite an accomplishment!!!

and NEVER even for a second doubt that Kollang is better than you. At least he is proud of something his countrymen achieved despite all Western efforts trying not letting it happen. What is to be proud of in a state that breathes other's air, drinks other's water and lives on other's land, sucking US tax payers for money and steals from its own big brother secrets!!
U claimed that that it will climb due to electric cold gas motors. I loled and I was right. With 231 km perigee it cant last long.

These are stats when it was just launched:

NORAD ID: 40387
Int'l Code: 2015-006A
Perigee: 231.2 km
Apogee: 476.7 km
Inclination: 55.5 °
Period: 91.5 minutes
Semi major axis: 6724 km
Launch date: February 2, 2015
Source: Iran (IRAN)

BREAKING : Iran launches new satellite with success !! | Page 11

These are stats now:

Perigee: 229.6 km
Apogee: 463.2 km
Period: 91.3 minutes
Semi major axis: 6717 km

What u are babbling, I really dont know.

U claimed that that it will climb due to electric cold gas motors. I loled and I was right. With 231 km perigee it cant last long.

These are stats now:

I wrote down what I saw in the same site that you are referring to. I have no idea where you got those numbers from. There was also news today that it has successfully completed an orbit transfer maneuver. However the news is in Farsi. So I choose to believe what I have seen with my own eye which confirms the news.

موفقیت اولیه ماهواره فجر در ارتقای مدار

However, we'll let you know if and when it falls and it is not going to be anytime soon. So no need to stare at the parameters. Enjoy your life.

I wrote down what I saw in the same site that you are referring to. I have no idea where you got those numbers from. There was also news today that it has successfully completed an orbit transfer maneuver. However the news is in Farsi. So I choose to believe what I have seen with my own eye which confirms the news.

موفقیت اولیه ماهواره فجر در ارتقای مدار

However, we'll let you know if and when it falls and it is not going to be anytime soon. So no need to stare at the parameters. Enjoy your life.
My data is just copy paste. If u think I somehow facricated that data, u can check wikipedia it has same data. The edition was made by user with IP 192.31.106.34

IP Address 192.31.106.34
United States, Texas, White Settlement
ISP Lockheed Martin Corporation

Fajr (satellite) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope u will not say that I conspire with some guy from LM :)

My data is just copy paste. If u think I somehow facricated that data, u can check wikipedia it has same data. The edition was made by user with IP 192.31.106.34

IP Address 192.31.106.34
United States, Texas, White Settlement
ISP Lockheed Martin Corporation

Fajr (satellite) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope u will not say that I conspire with some guy from LM :)

I never said that. But there is definitely inconsistency in the numbers that you get from that site.

The numbers that I have are from the real time parameters on the same site. The satellite reaches its apogee and Perigee near the equator.

These are stats now:

Based on this موفقیت اولیه ماهواره فجر در ارتقای مدار :
Its initial plan is to use its cold gas thruster to conduct maneuvers in orbit (I guess this gas pushers are the reason it does n't lose its necessary elevation to fall into atmosphere and burn to death) but beside this the satellite has some sort of Pulsed Plasma Electric motor Ion thruster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that gives the sat sudden strong pushes when it reaches the desired Apogee (around 470 km). Based on this article, each time the sat reaches its farthest Apogee, its Electric Plasma Pulse motor gives her a push. This will be done many times until sat corrects its orbit into a circular one and this is exactly why it will last 1 year and half in space.

Anyway, I'm alive, you will be too when it fall off the sky over our head!! Let us hope it does not fall over your head otherwise, you claim your Arrow system did it!! Let's wait and see if it drops soon or will stay as it was planned! If it falls before it is planned then I will give you a credit for your prophecies.

But as my Iranian fellow told you. DON'T STARE AT PARAMETERS or AT SKY!
NASA will be the first to report its failure and free fall...

Last edited:
PressTV-Iran satellite launched into space

iran launches FAJR sat. into space !!!

allahu akbar !!! mashaallah !

You can track Fajr Sat. Live on this link :

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: FAJR

A screenshot :

fajr-jpg.189427

some points for other members :

1- Fajr was a 50kg imagery Sat. with on-board Gas propellants which gives it the capability to change orbits without the carrier and thus more endurance

2- its the 4th sat. launch of IRI .

3- iran also possesses new carriers namely Simorgh , Ghaem and in near future Sepehr and ghoghnoos .

4- iran is one of the 10 countries which are now capable of putting their own sat. in space . when iran joined the club back in 2009 , there were only 7 countries capable of doing so .

5- the Fajr. sat was put in 400km orbit of the earth and has a life span of 1.5 years \

i thank all indians , pakistanis , indonesians , bangladeshis and .... for their support .

Thank you all
You forgot to mention Turks :D

Back
Top Bottom