What's new

Iranian Space program

Simorgh is not cheap once take factor of cost of rocket fuel and oxidizer, it is only relatively cheap to produce components of rockets yet fuel negates that.

For example North Korea could turn Hwasong-15 ICBM into SLV with capacity to deliver also 350kg if not more.

10 Simorgh would use up fuel and oxidizer enough to have for 12 Hwasong-15.

How long can you people be this disingenuous or ignorant?

Rouhani's government disolved in August and this is December.

You want to believe that this is due to current government and not project that started during previous government.

You hate Rouhani so much that you have to blatantly lie in order to praise current administration and pretend past launches didn't happen.
If that traitor shit was still in charge, he would cancel all the launches till the end of negotiations, as he postponed the start of Simorgh tests for 3 years (2013 to 2016), if the f@cker shit-hole was till in charge, his masters in west would make a phone call, and he would return the SLV from the launchpad back into the warehouse as he did. if that pig shape piece of shit was still president, he would keep the space agency's budget so low that after 8 years we see no advancement in the program as it happened.

IRGC should just take over their projects. Clearly this agency is not capable of producing results.

There were 3 payloads for a total weight of 350 kilograms apparently. They didn't release any info on the payloads though. And no satellite was named either. So, this was probably just a test before the real launch in February.

So, you are basically saying that Iran is trying to develop its missile program beyond the 2500km range limit under the disguise of a civilian space program?

Because I don't see why we need a low cost SLV at the expense of multiple failed launches and falling behind our schedule. After all, how many spaces launches are we going to have with Simorgh to make it low cost? It's not like we're going to need many of these SLVs in future.
There were 3 payloads for a total weight of 350 kilograms apparently. They didn't release any info on the payloads though. And no satellite was named either. So, this was probably just a test before the real launch in February.

So, you are basically saying that Iran is trying to develop its missile program beyond the 2500km range limit under the disguise of a civilian space program?

Because I don't see why we need a low cost SLV at the expense of multiple failed launches and falling behind our schedule. After all, how many spaces launches are we going to have with Simorgh to make it low cost? It's not like we're going to need many of these SLVs in future.

Kick motor should work easily.

Why are they not doing it? I think they want an inexpensive single stage highly familiar platform.

I don’t think Simorgh has valuable ICBM capability. It can reach 8000 with 250 kg warhead. Yet not very road-mobile.

two reason come to mind , simorgh is more like a 200-250 kg SLV than a 350kg one or they just wanted to do a sub orbital test before the final test that carry satellite a they just touched the speed needed for the successful putting objects in that orbit.

Simorgh falls short of orbit

Launch confirmed as FAILURE. 4th failure in a row for Simorgh SLV.

Iran should seek help from north korea to get simorgh working. They have flown a more advanced version of this same rocket (Unha-3) twice successfully 10 years ago! Liquid fuel is not irans strong point it seems.
You may want to share your beliefs with the ISA as well. I’m sure they will be taken with due seriousness.

It is called science buddy. Beliefs nor propaganda by Iranian space agency do not play into it. No satelite in orbit = FAILURE.

Do you UNDERSTAND or should i REPEAT?

Last edited:
After a successful sub-orbital flight test, here are the Jettisoned fuel tanks of the Simorgh SLV.. Well done ..next flight should be carrying an actual satellite.

1640956748931.png

1640956805990.png

Simorgh falls short of orbit

Launch confirmed as FAILURE. 4th failure in a row for Simorgh SLV.

Iran should seek help from north korea to get simorgh working. They have flown a more advanced version of this same rocket (Unha-3) twice successfully 10 years ago! Liquid fuel is not irans strong point it seems.

It is called science buddy. Beliefs nor propaganda by Iranian space agency do not play into it. No satelite in orbit = FAILURE.

Do you UNDERSTAND or should i REPEAT?
No thank you. Your clear understanding is outstanding. You sound very knowledgeable. ISA should definitely lend you their ear as they have missed your astonishing findings. Should *I* repeat, my brilliant ‘buddy’? :-)

Last edited:
Kick motor should work easily.

Why are they not doing it? I think they want an inexpensive single stage highly familiar platform.

I don’t think Simorgh has valuable ICBM capability. It can reach 8000 with 250 kg warhead. Yet not very road-mobile.

I don't think they care if tis expensive or inexpensive, road mobile or not. The only thing that matters is that it can launch something into orbit. Once they learn how to do that expense is not that important. then you can play around with it and make it efficient.

One of the reasons they might use a cheaper type of rocket is because of the availability of the materials to build it. The more expensive one might be totally impractical for a country under these kind of sanctions. The materials might not be available.

I don't think they care if tis expensive or inexpensive, road mobile or not. The only thing that matters is that it can launch something into orbit. Once they learn how to do that expense is not that important. then you can play around with it and make it efficient.

One of the reasons they might use a cheaper type of rocket is because of the availability of the materials to build it. The more expensive one might be totally impractical for a country under these kind of sanctions. The materials might not be available.

The whole project has cost 15% of the normal international costs per interview.

There is at least another parallel IRGC project that has reached anti-satellite capabilities. Only 4-5 countries own this.

No they are not desperate to just launch something. Otherwise they could add kick motor stages.

Remember Turkish two stage equal of Shahab 2 :)
Two stages to equal Shahab 2 of 1990. :D
Definition of desperation is that.

Last edited:
IRGC is not going to take over ISA, because that would mean allowing all the spies within ISA and sabatouers a chance to see more recent sensitive IRGC tech (salman stage).

ISA is literally playing around with clustered SCUD engines. That is why Sarir-1 and Sarir-2 (Simorgh) are not viable SLV platforms. You are asking way too much out of them. Sure they can probably launch a satellite, but at what probability?

No thank you. Your clear understanding is outstanding. You sound very knowledgeable. ISA should definitely lend you their ear as they have missed your astonishing findings. Should *I* repeat, my brilliant ‘buddy’? :-)

ISA is no doubt a world class space agency which has never failed a launch in history:-). All Safir and Simorgh launches are successful and all reports of failure are western propaganda! :rofl:

The below picture of safir failing before launch must be fake! It must be because ISA is perfect!

1024px-2019-08-29_Safir_launch_failure.jpeg

Iran space launch fails to put payloads into orbit: Official
Thursday’s launch fails to put its three payloads into orbit after the rocket was unable to reach the required speed

Back
Top Bottom