What's new

Iranian Space program

Iran Pars 1 Satellite

Pars 1 satellite, as one of the key projects of Iran Space Research Institute, is an imaging satellites that make it possible to take images at night.

1598742525177.png

Iran needs to at the very least have a network of smaller satellites in space or a few large military communication satellites up and working.

Iran Pars 1 Satellite

Pars 1 satellite, as one of the key projects of Iran Space Research Institute, is an imaging satellites that make it possible to take images at night.

View attachment 665093

year 1404 ( 2024 ) here we come

Head of Iran Aerospace Research Institute Fathollah Ommi: “Iran will send an astronaut into space in 4 years.”

orbiting in almost ~200 km altitude

View attachment 666134

View attachment 666136

https://www.ghatreh.com/news/nn54811097/اعزام-فضانوردان-ایرانی-فضا-سال-آینده
I hate to be a downer but I think that this is a massively unrealistic time frame,and thats putting it mildly.
I think its going to take at least 4 years just to even attempt to try and get the space program back to where it was back in 2015,as it has been literally gutted in the 5 years since then.
Not to mention that theres no way that the simorgh,at least in its current design incarnation,is going to be capable of putting a man into orbit,unless of course they`re just talking about a short sub orbital flight.
The only way an orbital flight might possibly happen within the specified time frame is if it was an irgc run program using their new large solid rocket motors.However this would still be a massive undertaking involving the design,construction,testing and man rating of a brand new solid fueled slv and its capsule with all of its associated systems such as life support,flight controls/maneuvering,reentry systems and long range communications outside of iranian territory to enable contact during most of the entire flight.
This is a huge undertaking.

I'm skeptical. They've made such claims before but they've never come to fruition. What it's going to take is the political will. If they can put animals in space for a short period of time then a human being should not be a far stretch. Iran is capable but the question is, will they actually push forward with it ?

They keep claiming that they will put

for the first time Iran's Space Research Institute has been ordered to build 5 Space capsules designed to carry astronauts.

"Iranian space suits have not yet been made but they soon will be on the run."

"Today, the Ministry ordered the Aerospace Research Institute affiliated to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran to build five space capsules in the next three years capable of carrying 5 astronauts to orbit of the earth in the 190-kilometer distance. This is the first step towards sending Iranian astronauts into space," he emphasized.

First orbital manned flight will be in 14 years according to the planning.

Suborbital in 4 years.

optimistic on the 4 years For sub orbital. For now there is no safe SLV (heavily tested) to carry the astronauts.

If I was an astronaut I would at the minimum want to see 7-10 launches with no failure before using the SLV that will put a human on it.

Also like Space X it should have a failure ejection system.

I have always wondered as to why Iran wants to have a "manned" space program...Other than prestige I can not see a useful end to such a program...Iranian space $$$ can be spent on many other space related project which would benefit the country much more...examples are more capable satellites (eyes in the sky)...Iran's own GPS equivalent ..weather satellite...Advanced autonomous probes to other planets if they really want to push the technology...these all can be done cheaper compared to a manned flight....leave the manned flights to other bigger guys with deeper pockets...just my thoughts..!..:wacko:

I have always wondered as to why Iran wants to have a "manned" space program...Other than prestige I can not see a useful end to such a program...Iranian space $$$ can be spent on many other space related project which would benefit the country much more...examples are more capable satellites (eyes in the sky)...Iran's own GPS equivalent ..weather satellite...Advanced autonomous probes to other planets if they really want to push the technology...these all can be done cheaper compared to a manned flight....leave the manned flights to other bigger guys with deeper pockets...just my thoughts..!..:wacko:

space mining, moon mining, and mars exploration are going to be TRILLION dollar industries.

Only a fool would not invest in a domestic capability for manned space exploration and rely on colonial and world powers to share a piece of the pie with them.

next IRGC SLV will be called Qased-2 which is bigger, all soiled fuel and lighter then Qased-1 and can carry heavy satellite to higher orbits

کلیات قاصد-2 همین است که موتور مرحله اول آن از سوخت مایع به سوخت جامد تغییر می‌کند و البته بهینه‌سازی و سبک‌سازی‌هایی هم صورت خواهد گرفت تا ماهواره‌های سنگین‌تر با ابعاد بزرگ‌تر را در ارتفاع مداری بزرگ‌تر قرار دهد.

Last edited:
next IRGC satellite will be called Nour-2

سردار جعفرآبادی تاکید کرد: گام بعدی ما هم این است که ماهواره نور-۲ را در مدار زمین قرار دهیم.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom