What's new

Iranian Protests

~​

Iranian actor Taraneh Alidoosti arrested after criticism of death penalty

Detention of one of Iran’s most famous performers sign state wants to crack down on celebrities who challenge regime

2330.jpg

Taraneh Alidoosti, one of Iran’s most famous actors, has been detained by security forces in Tehran days after she criticised the state’s use of the death penalty against protesters.

She had previously posted a picture of herself on her Instagram page in which she was not wearing the hijab and holding a piece of paper reading “women, life, freedom” – the slogan that has come to encapsulate the fight against the current Iranian regime.

Alidoosti is regarded as one of the most influential Iranian actors of her generation, and her arrest is a sign that the state wants to crack down on celebrities, artists and sports personalities who have used their platform to challenge the regime.

It is not known which department of Iran’s multilayered security services took her from her home, but the Tehran prosecutor’s office alleged Alidoosti had failed to provide documentation to justify her provocative remarks. News of her arrest was conveyed by Samia Mirshamsi, a film director.

Mirshamsi said Alidoosti’s home had been searched and it was not known where she was. Later, the judicial news agency Mizan confirmed Alidoosti’s arrest, saying her case was being investigated further.

Alidoosti has won multiple awards in her career, most notably when The Salesman, in which she starred, won an Oscar for best foreign film in 2016.

The Tasnim news agency, which is close to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards, said she had been arrested due to her decision to publish false and distorted content that incited riots and supported anti-Iranian movements.

The picture of Alidoosti without a hijab has been liked more than 1m times. It appeared that her Instagram account, which had more than 8m followers, had been shut down. In her last Instagram post, the actor said: “His name was Mohsen Shekari. Every international organization who is watching this bloodshed and not taking action, is a disgrace to humanity.”

Shekari was executed on 8 December after being charged by an Iranian court with blocking a street in Tehran and injuring a member of the country’s security forces with a machete.

Alidoosti’s father, Hamid Alidoosti, played football for Iran’s national team and was the first Iranian to play for a foreign team.

Fluent in German and English, Alidoosti has also translated books by Alice Munro and Nicole Krauss from English to Persian.

She had vowed not to leave Iran, writing: “I do not have a passport or residence anywhere except Iran. I’ll stay and look you straight in the eyes like all these normal people when I scream for my rights.

“I’ve inherited this courage from the women of my land, who for years have been living their lives, every day with resistance … I will stay, I will not quit, I will stand with the families of the prisoners and murdered and demand their rights. I will fight for my home, I will pay whatever it takes to stand up for my rights, and most importantly: I believe in what we are building together today.”

In the latest phase of the crackdown, Iran appears to be targeting celebrities and journalists who they believe are inculcating western values into a young generation.

A press photographer and former member of Iran’s national rowing team was sentenced to seven years in prison, a ban on leaving the country for two years, and 74 lashes for allegedly participating in rallies and propaganda against the regime.

Aria Jafari is a member of the trade association of press photographers of Iran and, in November 2014, was arrested for photographing the protest gathering of the people of Isfahan against acid attacks and social insecurity. His recent arrest took place in his house in Isfahan.

@sammuel ...man why are you so obsessed with Iran and Iranian affairs....of course I understand it may be your job but hey lets face it "Regime change" in Iran failed...you guys gave it your best shot and it did not work ... it is time to move on...ask your commanding officer to give you a new assignment or even better go to the beach and have a beer with Jeffrey Epstein... he may find you a teenage girl for entertainment!:azn::azn:

Who at the CIA desk thought teenagers could overthrow a Republic with its own 250,000 man private military, political parties, conglomerates, and socio-economic arm?

What a dumb color revolution attempt this was. Although this should send a wake up call to the Republic to do some soul searching and see what can be done to alleviate some pressure points on the population.

@sammuel ...man why are you so obsessed with Iran and Iranian affairs....of course I understand it may be your job but hey lets face it "Regime change" in Iran failed...you guys gave it your best shot and it did not work ... it is time to move on...ask your commanding officer to give you a new assignment or even better go to the beach and have a beer with Jeffrey Epstein... he may find you a teenage girl for entertainment!:azn::azn:

I see , so you not really interested in updates on this topic.

~

There are none in Israel. Sometimes the Arabs. Meanwhile every city in Iran has a riot
They ticked off 25 shitskin hebrews dead (declared casualties and in West Bank alone) so far, probably more and the year isn't even over. Hope the Palestinians ring in Christmas with good cheer...need some red hebrew blood the colour of Santa's coat to heighten the festivities.

Pound sand down your faggot shitskin hebrew boijussy with some matzos. I'm rolling for a repeat of 2011 Itamar.

I don't care even if they drive with space-x starships

I just want peace and development come back to my country and the unnecessary riots end
Riots are finally over. I hope they hang that bastard Mahan Sadrat. I mean look at him, the piece of shit:
received_1197633807628381-jpeg.906744

The most offensive thing I find about this collage is him standing in his underwear like a faggot with a mask on his face.

Should transfer him to Evin where he gets to repeat this pose but in significantly more frightening circumstances.

Attachments

• received_1197633807628381.jpeg
    received_1197633807628381.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 51
Riots are finally over. I hope they hang that bastard Mahan Sadrat. I mean look at him, the piece of shit:
received_1197633807628381-jpeg.906744

The most offensive thing I find about this collage is him standing in his underwear like a faggot with a mask on his face.

Should transfer him to Evin where he gets to repeat this pose but in significantly more frightening circumstances.
most of them are atheist and Islamophobic, western cultured , pagans and pro Persian era fan boyz.

most of them are atheist and Islamophobic, western cultured , pagans and pro Persian era fan boyz.
And you knew it how?
The unrest and riots mostly happened in poorer part of the city not north. And the ones you mentioned are busy doing something else and they don't touch these unrest even with a 10m pole

And you knew it how?
The unrest and riots mostly happened in poorer part of the city not north. And the ones you mentioned are busy doing something else and they don't touch these unrest even with a 10m pole

You've been making excuses for these guys for months, I always told you they were nothing but murtads and Uber liberals

You've been making excuses for these guys for months, I always told you they were nothing but murtads and Uber liberals
Bring out what you think were my excuses made for them for months
Meanwhile please prove your claims

They ticked off 25 shitskin hebrews dead (declared casualties and in West Bank alone) so far, probably more and the year isn't even over. Hope the Palestinians ring in Christmas with good cheer...need some red hebrew blood the colour of Santa's coat to heighten the festivities.

Pound sand down your faggot shitskin hebrew boijussy with some matzos. I'm rolling for a repeat of 2011 Itamar.

1. You are located in India so why the hate for all Indians ?

2. Why do you write with such cringeyness and hate ?

Nothing quite like good old,bad old,western hypocrisy.... :tsk:
media%2FFkcXyx6UcAAhaD2.jpg

With thanks to irans own Prof Marandi:enjoy:

If you really live in Communist DPRK would you like the Capitalist and oppressive Irani mullah priests to rule DPRK instead of the Workers' Party governing ?

Here comes the Hefazat-e-"Islam" mullah filth from Bangladesh who is being prepared to be installed into power by NATO by regime-changing a progressive Muslim-majority society led by a good leader. As always.

You produce such munafiqat / hypocrisy. You go on and on about India being a "communal hellhole" referring to the Hindutvadi terrorism but contradictorily you support the terrorism of the Irani mullahs.

And you knew it how?

No. Irreligious, secularist, anti-clerical or islamophobic subjects adhering to monarchist, ultra-nationalist ideology on the one hand or to liberalism on the other hand, can be found in lower middle class / working class areas too. One may encounter them as far out as in the rural countryside. They may be far from forming a majority within their social class, but they do exist. And, this year's violent riots were essentially their work.

The 1398 and 1396 riots mostly featured working class elements as well, yet slogans were chanted in praise of Reza Khan qoldor, the British-installed dictator who persecuted clerics, banned hejab, and whose regime was heavily influenced by domestic anti-clerical / islamophobic political thought.

The Pirfalak family resides in a tiny village outside Izeh. This did not prevent the late Kian's mother from requesting that the Holy Qur'an not be recited at her son's funeral because, so she claimed, "he hated it".

Majid-Reza Rahnavard, who brutally murdered two Basij personnel in Mashhad (stabbing one of them multiple times in the head and cutting the other's throat), had included in his testament that nobody ought to recite the Qur'an nor offer namaz when he dies.

Other indicators include:

- Burning of a mosque in Rasht.
- Attacks against hawzas (religious seminaries), with fire being set to at least one such school in the holy city of Qom.
- Attacks against the offices of Friday prayer leaders.
- Assaults on mosques and people who frequent them, as happened in the holy city of Mashhad. A veteran of the Syria war was murdered during the same attack.
- Assaults against citizens who look religious. Like the two persons attacked by Mahan Sedarat Madani in Tehran. The same Madani had previously published pictures of multiple beer cans he was apparently in possession of.
- Murder of a member of the clergy in Karaj.
- Organized incinerations of a symbol of Islamic piety, the hejab garment.
- Campaign to knock turbans off the heads of clerics.
- In at least one documented instance, pulling off a religious woman's chador.

It's evident that the bulk of rioters belong to a minority staunchly opposed to Islamic governance, that embraces either liberal or ultra-nationalist iterations of secularism, marked by vehement anti-clericalism at the minimum, up to downright islamophobia.

Dariush Sajjadi's thoughtful analysis corroborates the above:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom