What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I don't remember if it has already been published and I don't know the date this photo was taken, but it's very beautiful, so I'm posting it here.
26-11395537-makran-441-i-dena-75-.jpg

Yesterday's news February 26, it seems that we will finally see Makran 441 and Dena 75 in the port of Rio de Janeiro:
"The Brazilian Navy has authorized the docking of two Iranian warships in the port of Rio de Janeiro between this Sunday (26) and March 4. According to the publication, the ships Iris Makran and Iris Dena are allowed to dock ".
https://www.gazetadopovo.com.br/mun...ancoragem-de-navios-do-ira-no-rio-de-janeiro/

BM or CM? If CM, would love to see Iran finally move away from C-802 based family of CMs and use other designs such as Ya Ali or Mobin (stealth CM) in conjunction with these swarm missiles.
Excuse me. I thought you were suggesting to use a long range cruise missile as a Noor/C-802 anti ship missile, something that only has been achieved by the Russian Navy or PLAN. If it is not, I am wrong.
Cheers.

Iran mentioned the development of Supersonic CMs. This was pre COVID. Thus I think we can say with a reasonable certainty that Iran likely had a supersonic CM prototype developed somewhere in last 3 years.

supersonic CM is no longer rare cutting edge tech as even Russian now has hypersonic CM developed and I believe both China/US are developing their own hypersonic CM (not to be confused with Hypersonic Glide Vehicle - HGV).
I saw a video about two days ago where Sadar Salami spoke extremely vaguely and briefly about its existence. I’ll try to find it

I saw a video about two days ago where Sadar Salami spoke extremely vaguely and briefly about its existence. I’ll try to find it
If I remember correctly, Iran has been working on supersonic CMs since at least 2016. It is indeed not ideal for the c-802 to still be the backbone of the Iranian Navy.

If I remember correctly, Iran has been working on supersonic CMs since at least 2016. It is indeed not ideal for the c-802 to still be the backbone of the Iranian Navy.

Yes, in 2019 Iran shows a ram-jet what is said to go for Mach 3. But me think at this time there was already a better in the making, what we see now.

ramjet.png

Yes, in 2019 Iran shows a ram-jet what is said to go for Mach 3. But me think at this time there was already a better in the making, what we see now.

View attachment 918138

The issue isn’t just making an engine that can go supersonic. It is making it also fuel efficient enough to have decent range.

A couple more pics of the ship.
media%2FFp_W0YGWIAUgTn4.jpg

media%2FFp_XkaaXgAAGvEZ.jpg

Its hard to believe that its the newest ship in the class,as it looks like a barely modified alvand,it doesnt even have the far more modern smaller stack design for the exhaust.
I hope that when it goes back into the yard for the fitting of things like the ciws that they fit the more modern stack as well,plus make some use of the wasted space in front of the stack where the air intake for the gas turbines would`ve originally gone in the alvands.

Last edited:

View attachment 918138
Indeed. This article from 2016 quotes Hossein Dehghan as saying Iran will be capable of producing supersonic cruise missiles in the near future: https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...an-to-make-supersonic-cruise-missiles-soon-dm

This article from 2020 quotes Khanzadi as saying Iran would soon begin producing the supersonic cruise missile named "Talaeey-e" (I have not read about it anywhere else): https://caspiannews.com/news-detail/iran-unveils-homegrown-ballistic-cruise-missiles-2020-8-21-11/

It appears the development of a supersonic CM is taking longer than expected, but we can only speculate.

It appears the development of a supersonic CM is taking longer than expected, but we can only speculate.

Likely finished, just hasn’t been unveiled due to sensitive nature of weapon.

Iran usually follows two pathways to weapons unveiling:

1) Unveiled before it has even finished R&D and reached mass production (ex Gaza UAV & Soumar)

2) Finished and already begun mass production for some time (ex Kheibar Shekan Missile)

Likely finished, just hasn’t been unveiled due to sensitive nature of weapon.

Iran usually follows two pathways to weapons unveiling:

1) Unveiled before it has even finished R&D and reached mass production (ex Gaza UAV & Soumar)

2) Finished and already begun mass production for some time (ex Kheibar Shekan Missile)
They can't keep it secret if they equip ships with it and there is not much point producing a supersonic cruise missile without equipping your military with it, so I doubt it is yet in mass production / operation

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom