What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

What about the Hoot torpedoes? Are they mass produced and usable on Fateh or little submarines?

On May 18, 2023, the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy also visited the Iranian-made submarine of the Fateh class
Fwpw5YQWYAABAhz (2).jpeg

Even if a few days late, the Ministry of Defense of Russia also communicated the visit of the Commander of the Navy to Iran.
Here the Interfax article in Russian.
https://www.interfax.ru/russia/902749
In one passage of the article, unlike what had already been communicated by Iranian sources, they write that the Russian Commander also made a third visit
"The ministry said Yevmenov visited naval educational institutions and naval bases, as well as enterprises of Iran's military-industrial complex."
В министерстве заявили, что Евменов посетил военно-морские учебные заведения и военно-морские базы, а также предприятия военно-промышленного комплекса Ирана.

I wonder if this visit heralds collaborations in the industrial field also in the military for the naval sector and components for naval units

Even if a few days late, the Ministry of Defense of Russia also communicated the visit of the Commander of the Navy to Iran.
Here the Interfax article in Russian.
https://www.interfax.ru/russia/902749
In one passage of the article, unlike what had already been communicated by Iranian sources, they write that the Russian Commander also made a third visit
"The ministry said Yevmenov visited naval educational institutions and naval bases, as well as enterprises of Iran's military-industrial complex."
В министерстве заявили, что Евменов посетил военно-морские учебные заведения и военно-морские базы, а также предприятия военно-промышленного комплекса Ирана.

I wonder if this visit heralds collaborations in the industrial field also in the military for the naval sector and components for naval units
Russian are world's no 1 submarine builders ...I wonder if they will help with Iran's large sub projects. That will be a nightmare for western navies.:undecided:

Russian are world's no 1 submarine builders ...I wonder if they will help with Iran's large sub projects. That will be a nightmare for western navies.:undecided:
yeah , they'll do that
anybody recall how much help they provided to maintain kilo subs

yeah , they'll do that
anybody recall how much help they provided to maintain kilo subs
I know they did a lot of bad things to Iran in the past but I like to give them the benefit of the doubt..they themselves were fooled by others (nato) so by now they may have learned their lessons...we will see soon if things have changed. They did sell us the Khayam satellite so you never know.

Last edited:
Just to hypothesize, Russia can help Iran and vice versa Iran could help Russia in some naval sectors.
One of which is in the marine propulsion .
For example, Russia today produces 3 models of marine gas turbines that may be of interest to Iran.
But after the German embargo on the supply of fast marine diesel engines, Russia found itself in difficulty to power FACs and light corvettes, since today they only produce the Zvezda 503/4 radial diesels (42 or 56 cylinder engines that are very powerful and compact but notoriously delicate and complicated to maintain and repair, precisely due to the large number of moving parts), used individually coupled to the propeller shaft, or even in complexes with double engine called M-520, while instead today the Iranian industry has proven to produce modern, reliable and with a classic configuration fast diesel engines also with national patent.
Proof of this reliability was demonstrated by the 4 x 5000 hp "BONYAN-4" aboard the Dena-75 during the last mission.
But Iran can also offer the 3600 hp Marine diesel engine "MAC3600"

Mark 46 Torpedos (my guess!!!!) in Iranian navy
MARK_48.jpg

A rare photo of Fateh in home port
Fateh_x.jpg

Swimmer delivery equipment:
Swimer.jpg

62614633.jpg
no comment !..:azn:

and people who build our ships (thanks to all of them)
workers.jpg

Thanks also to Iranian 5000 hp "Bonyan" diesel engines..4 of these engines powered Dena across the globe with no breakdown..Great Iranian engineering and workmanship
Bonyan_engine.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks also to Iranian 5000 hp "Bonyan" diesel engines..4 of these engines powered Dena across the globe with no breakdown..Great Iranian engineering and workmanship
View attachment 931413

In the photo is the Markan-3600 or also called MAC-3600 with 3600 hp

This one in the photo below is the 5000 hp Bonyan-4 that is installed on the Dena-75
Boyan-4.jpg

Schermata-4.png

Schermata-7.png

Last edited:
I think this report is more about Navy than UAV so I place it here. A task which is traditionally assigned to Anti_sub (ASW) helicopters such as EH-101 or Sikorsky S-92 is now performed by UAVs. In other words Iran now can hunts (triangulate the sub) and Kill (drop Torpedos) on enemy submarines using UAV's (Karar) instead of helicopters. They are using US supplied MK-46 torpedoes (supplied during Shah era) to do the kill job.
Article also specifies the equipment (eg. Sonobuoys or towed sonar!! and computers to process and triangulate the sub location are made in Iran)...This is a lot of capability considering that range of UAV is much more than helicopter.

پهپاد ضد زیردریایی نیروی دریایی ارتش چه ویژگی‌هایی دارد؟

فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش جزئیات ویژگی‌های پهپاد ضدزیردریایی نداجا را تشریح کرد.
به گزارش مشرق، دریادار شهرام ایرانی فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش ، درباره پهپاد ضد زیردریایی این نیرو گفت: پهپاد ضد زیردریایی که در اختیار نداجا قرار دارد قادر است در بردهای بسیار بلند بیش از ۱۰۰۰ کیلومتر زیردریایی‌های دشمن را منهدم کند.
دریادار ایرانی در پاسخ به سوالی درباره نوع سلاح‌هایی که پهپاد ضد زیردریایی نداجا می‌تواند حمل کند، بیان کرد: اژدر مارک ۴۶ یکی از اژدرهایی است که این پهپاد می‌تواند حمل کند. البته این پهپاد یک پرنده چند منظور با قابلیت حمل چند نوع اژدر است.
فرمانده نیروی دریایی ارتش در پایان خاطرنشان کرد: پهپاد ضد زیردریایی نداجا علاوه بر اژدر ضد زیرسطحی می‌تواند اژدر ضدکشتی نیز با خود حمل کند.
دریادار ایرانی پیش از این در گفت‌وگویی اعلام کرده بود؛ «ما برای کشف زیردریایی به وسیله پهپاد از یک نوع سونار به همراه تجهیزات دیگری استفاده می‌کنیم که توسط جوانان این سرزمین طراحی شده‌اند و هم اکنون در نیروی دریایی عملیاتی هستند.»

پهپاد ضد زیردریایی کرار که به اژدر مارک ۴۶ مجهز شده است

MK 46 torpedoes shown last week
mark_48-jpg.931395

Back
Top Bottom