What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

are self-unfolding and self-inflating emergency life rafts

I will have to examine the ship then. I would find it very rare and peculiar that Iran would choose EO as it’s only detection with no overkill mechanism.

I will have to examine the ship then. I would find it very rare and peculiar that Iran would choose EO as it’s only detection with no overkill mechanism.
well as Kamand get unveiled but was not integrated in Iranian naval ships . I say its not the final version and Iran is probably still working on it . to me it seems moudge class is iran test program for different subsystem for its future navy as you can see it by changing and then going back on old design in different ships

Yeah it's just a simulation to basically see how many it would take to overwhelm a US carrier group. Honestly Iran has much better equipment and technology than this video gives them credit for.

The point of this video is to show that even relatively primitive missile technology from the 60's, deployed in sufficient numbers can overwhelm a modern, cutting edge, US carrier group worth tens of billions.

In the simulation all it took was 120 silkworms and the aircraft carrier was destroyed and sunk. It's all a numbers game when it comes to these situations. The objective is to basically saturate the airspace and overwhelm the enemy.

SILKWORM is not such good missile against naval target . its somehow old, you can use it against other ship

Can an Iranian Silkworm Battery Beat a US carrier group ?
Why silkworms while having manuverable ballistic warheads of Hormuz, Fateh Mobin and recently the upgraded naval version of Sejjil missiles?

For close range targets, Silkworms are good but for a carrier that tries to have the possible maximum distance from enemy shores, long range ballistic warheads are the best Choice.

, why no VLS? @PeeD sir, was it the same ship that Khanzadi promised to have VLS ADs? Or VLS cruise missiles?
Yes admiral khanzadi said it ,

Dena still will be fitted SLV once we have tested tried VLS system on water,
we have technology on land, and on lab pool, but need trail on sea, Dena will be upgraded, same as Jamaran was upgraded once we had Aser radar and optical AD

Yes I know the video greatly underestimates Iran's capabilities. The guy that made the video basically has no clue what Iran has in its arsenal. The point is that even with 120 generic Silkworm missiles, without any other support, that would be enough to sink a US aircraft carrier, not only damage, but completely sink it. Of course it is a simulation so you have to take it with a grain of salt but it basically comes down to saturating the airspace with enough projectiles .

Honestly in case of a conflict I doubt Iran will even want to sink a behemoth aircraft carrier. Just damaging it sufficiently to make it retreat might be a better option if you consider the fact that if the ship is damaged beyond repair, the Americans might not even try to tow it out of there but leave it for Iran to deal with ?

If you think about it, any American aircraft carrier is worth about 10 billion or more with all the crew on board, what around 5000 crewmen and atleast 50+ fighter jets. If Iran did sink a US aircraft carrier, it would really be a last resort.

Basically Iran would only do this if the US attacked or invaded first. Realistically after losing such an asset the Americans might even use a tactical nuclear strike. I'm guessing they would get their allies involved and launch hundreds of cruise missiles at Iranian targets daily coupled with air raids with 100+ fighter jets at a time.

At the same time if you think about it, the only reason the US or Israel has not attacked Iran directly already is because Iran has the capability to inflict massive amounts of damage like this and retaliate in a meaningful way.

If you remember America left Lebanon after the barracks attack and they left Mogadishu after the Black Hawk incident. In modern times they don't really seem to want a hot war unless they're provoked into it like 911. But naturally a predator will always choose soft targets first.

It really depends on so many factors but at the end of the day having that option can dissuade a hostile adversary from taking aggressive action. If Gaddafi would have kept his missiles program, air defenses and nukes then Libya might not have been ruined. Also if North Korea did not have nuclear arms and missiles, would they have been next on the hit list ? At the end of the day it's always better to have that deterrent option.

Why silkworms while having manuverable ballistic warheads of Hormuz, Fateh Mobin and recently the upgraded naval version of Sejjil missiles?

For close range targets, Silkworms are good but for a carrier that tries to have the possible maximum distance from enemy shores, long range ballistic warheads are the best Choice.

Dsign Wise, British route. Not a bad idea.
But hey, this wasn't the ship that we were waiting on, why no VLS? @PeeD sir, was it the same ship that Khanzadi promised to have VLS ADs? Or VLS cruise missiles?

This is a delayed ship, a project started nearly a decade ago.
VLS project came later. It may get upgraded with VLS in future.

In that video it was not the number of missiles that defeated the aircraft carrier defence in second round.
If you look again at video you see in the first try they fired missile in several salvo and in short quantity. In the second try the missile fired consequently and without delay . in short in first try the defence was not saturated . in the second attempt it was saturated . i f they fired all 60 missiles at once in first try they probably would have succeeded.

In that video it was not the number of missiles that defeated the aircraft carrier defence in second round.
If you look again at video you see in the first try they fired missile in several salvo and in short quantity. In the second try the missile fired consequently and without delay . in short in first try the defence was not saturated . in the second attempt it was saturated . i f they fired all 60 missiles at once in first try they probably would have succeeded.

The 'demo' is childish. Silkworms are probably going to be the softening up salvo if at all. The coastal defense strategy is multi-layered wrt to the various Fateh types too. Unlikely these ships will stay operational within the PG.

Back
Top Bottom