What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

"The Damavand-2 destroyer has been reassigned and will soon join the Nedja fleet, defense minister said."

"We have very good anti-armor missiles today," he said. We are also rapidly upgrading existing tanks to the level of modern day tanks, including the T90, which is in the process."

76887918_180279649689541_3661378415976736130_n.jpg

https://defapress.ir/fa/news/369648/ناوشکن-دماوند-آماده-تحویل-به-نداجا-است

I wonder what ship this is.... it is being built in the south.

Can anyone read the name on the ship? Its not clear to me

It seem to say Talaye, or Khalaye.....

Iran Defense Minister Army Gen. Hatami: the Damavand-2 destroyer will joining the Army navy soon
ایران وزیر دفاع امیر حاتمی: ناوشکن دماوند-۲به زودی به نیروی دریایی ارتش می پیوندد( ۷آذر؟)

Last edited:
Iran Defense Minister Army Gen. Hatami: the Damavand-2 destroyer will joining the Army navy soon
ایران وزیر دفاع امیر حاتمی: ناوشکن دماوند-۲به زودی به نیروی دریایی ارتش می پیوندد( ۷آذر؟)

VLS VLS VLS!!! Of course in addition to EagleEye.

Wasn't it supposed to be the "Khalije Fars" destroyer?

Perhaps with the improvements in the stealth lines of the superstructures of the new Damavand, they have decided to put their hands back even to the projects of the new heavy destroyer, which in fact could be very different from the Khalije Fars, so as to assign a new name Negin.
Given the size and the displacement, I think that only diesel engines produced in Iran are not sufficient to reach a speed close to 30 knots, so I think it is necessary to implement GAS turbines to create a CODOG or CODAG system for propulsion

Perhaps with the improvements in the stealth lines of the superstructures of the new Damavand, they have decided to put their hands back even to the projects of the new heavy destroyer, which in fact could be very different from the Khalije Fars, so as to assign a new name Negin.
Given the size and the displacement, I think that only diesel engines produced in Iran are not sufficient to reach a speed close to 30 knots, so I think it is necessary to implement GAS turbines to create a CODOG or CODAG system for propulsion
Yes,I imagine this will be the task of Mapna to develop a marinised version of one of its production gas turbine sets.A good choice would be 35mw combined cycle power plant,indeed 2 of these combined cycle gas turbines would provide plenty of power for a 7000 ton destroyer.Another option would be to just use 2 or 3 of the 25mw gas turbines by themselves without the waste heat recovery steam turbine.
25-MW-COMBINED-CYCLE-POWER-PLANT-WITH-GAS-TURBINE

https://www.mapnagroup.com/en/products/power/25-mw-combined-cycle-power-plant-with-gas-turbine

New info from army navy:
Currently Fateh2 and Fateh3 submarines are on the production line, Fateh4 will see lots of changes with a new and highly advanced technology.

Besat submarine is still in conceptual design level.

New Damavand will have four engines with 2 separate engine rooms. no more old radars, it will have four side static radars. it will have vertical medium range missile launchers with more capacity and capable of engaging with enemy cruise missiles.

Navy is also working on auto vertical launched drone for OTH missions to increase the engagement range.

Khalij Fars training ship (of Loghman project) is 200m long and weights 3000 tonne. after this project, the Negin project will be a destroyer with 5000t to 7000t weight.

Navy has also building a new hovercraft with lower RCS, it has 1/3 height of the current hovercrafts but with the same weight and capacity. it has two propellers, instead of the current 1 tonne propeller. on the armament, it has retractable missile launchers and also has sonar and capable of firing torpedos. currently two of these hovercrafts are under construction and their equipment are being installed.

also in new future (Russian navy day), one of our navy groups will visit Russian port of Saint Petersburg.

جزئیات ۷ خبر جدید از نیروی دریایی ارتش - مشرق نیوز

Last edited:
New info from army navy:
Currently Fateh2 and Fateh3 submarines are on the production line, Fateh4 will see lots of changes with a new and highly technology.

Besat submarine is still in conceptual design level.

New Damavand will have four engines with 2 separate engine rooms. no more old radars, it will have four side static radars. it will have vertical medium range missile launchers with more capacity and capable of engaging with enemy cruise missiles.

Navy is also working on auto vertical launched drone for OTH missions to increase the engagement range.

Khalij Fars training ship (of Loghman project) is 200m long and weights 3000 tonne. after this project, the Negin project will be a destroyer with 5000t to 7000t weight.

Navy has also building a new hovercraft with lower RCS, it has 1/3 height of the current hovercrafts but with the same weight and capacity. it has two propellers, instead of the current 1 tonne propeller. on the armament, it has retractable missile launchers and also has sonar and capable of firing torpedos. currently two of these hovercrafts are under construction and their equipment are being installed.

also in new future (Russian navy day), one of our navy groups will visit Russian port of Saint Petersburg.

جزئیات ۷ خبر جدید از نیروی دریایی ارتش - مشرق نیوز

for how long Fateh was in design mode, it’s interesting they are already changing the design/technological level by the 4th iteration.

Back
Top Bottom