What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Anyone knows what the heaven is that?
Length nearly 50 meters

fateh 2.jpg

if I was them , I'd have removed that Junk gun from the front and put something a little more useful there and then why not a more modern RADAR .:hitwall:

as you can see from the photos the ship does not have a specific radar to detect the target and to guide the missiles, but only a navigation radar like those used by the merchant units.
This reminds me that even the North Koreans and the Cubans in their most recent warship equipped with anti-ship missiles do not have a specific radar, but only a navigation radar.
So more and more I am convinced that in reality they have developed a method to use the navigation radar also to perform the coordinates of the target, vs these coordinates are then launched missiles, then the missile when in flight turns on its radar and autoguide to the target.
will it be effective?
I can not answer, but if they have made this choice Iran, North Korea, Cuba (while having guide/fire radar), I think that after trying it in real exercises, must have given good results and have decided to use this system on their ships.
PS:
Cuba and North Korea also used navigation radar to build systems with self-propelled anti-ship missiles for coastal defense

as you can see from the photos the ship does not have a specific radar to detect the target and to guide the missiles, but only a navigation radar like those used by the merchant units.
This reminds me that even the North Koreans and the Cubans in their most recent warship equipped with anti-ship missiles do not have a specific radar, but only a navigation radar.
So more and more I am convinced that in reality they have developed a method to use the navigation radar also to perform the coordinates of the target, vs these coordinates are then launched missiles, then the missile when in flight turns on its radar and autoguide to the target.
will it be effective?
I can not answer, but if they have made this choice Iran, North Korea, Cuba (while having guide/fire radar), I think that after trying it in real exercises, must have given good results and have decided to use this system on their ships.
PS:
Cuba and North Korea also used navigation radar to build systems with self-propelled anti-ship missiles for coastal defense
Seriously, the range of a navigational radar is limited typically around 40 nautical miles ,those missiles have 2 to 3 time that range.

Seriously, the range of a navigational radar is limited typically around 40 nautical miles ,those missiles have 2 to 3 time that range.

serious
but do you really believe that the North Koreans make a modern FAC equipped with modern missiles and only use radar-like radars for navigation, or have elaborated something that allows them to omit installing a specific radar / guide / fire, or have evaluated that the radar guide / fire has become superfluous for the type of mission they have to perform and for the type of sea where these missiles will be used

Last edited:

You do realize this is a costal defense ship?.

You do also realize a modern day destroyer or frigate with its reduce RCS and EW systems can appear as a small fishing boat from a long distance?

So why on Earth would you expect a small costal defense ship to be able to target something 120 nautical miles away and know what it is even hitting? That’s not even it’s job.

It’s made to operate in a swarm with speed boats distracting the target so the defense ship can fire its armaments and escape.

Iran should re-name the Mowj series warships whatever the Farsi word for Black Hole is.

Since the Mowj series was introduced Iran’s Navy has gone stale in its projects.

The Mowj has become the safety net for commanders that are scared to take risk and innovation.

If Hitler or Stalin led Iran, most of these commanders would be executed. But in IRI they collect a fat paycheck and sit on their *** talking to press about their “accomplishments”. Like how there Navy finally built a CWIS in freaking 2018.

Unfortunately this board is happy with whatever pony most of the arm forces run out there.

You do realize this is a costal defense ship?.

You do also realize a modern day destroyer or frigate with its reduce RCS and EW systems can appear as a small fishing boat from a long distance?

So why on Earth would you expect a small costal defense ship to be able to target something 120 nautical miles away and know what it is even hitting? That’s not even it’s job.

It’s made to operate in a swarm with speed boats distracting the target so the defense ship can fire its armaments and escape.
Well at least in one of the ship of this class they have installed Noor missile and that missile can reach up to 170km. So you expect if they install that missile they put something there that show them what they target.

Does Anybody have an idea what the new 200 meter ship will look like? Is it the same Khalidje Fars training Ship?

I think he means that they will build a floating dock, which will be able to accommodate ships up to 200 meters.
Therefore, it is not that they will build 200-meter military ships, but they will certainly be able to build and subsequently provide maintenance to ships of more than 97 meters, as currently used.

I think he means that they will build a floating dock, which will be able to accommodate ships up to 200 meters.
Therefore, it is not that they will build 200-meter military ships, but they will certainly be able to build and subsequently provide maintenance to ships of more than 97 meters, as currently used.
We could built Aftamax carrier for Venezuela , won't you think we can easily use those facilities for building military ships in those size

Back
Top Bottom