What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

2000 tons is 4x what the biggest submarine iran has produced is...

First of all israel didn’t “produce” the dolphin-2 subs, they are German made subs. Just like Iran didn’t produce the Russian Kilo subs it has (which are bigger than dolphin subs).

So I’m not sure what point you were even trying to make here. My point was that even Israel which in several areas is more advanced Iran, doesn’t operate behemoth subs.

Behemoth subs are for projecting second strike nuclear capability across the entire planet with Sub launched ICBM capability (SLBM or SLCM).

First of all israel didn’t “produce” the dolphin-2 subs, they are German made subs. Just like Iran didn’t produce the Russian Kilo subs it has (which are bigger than dolphin subs).

So I’m not sure what point you were even trying to make here. My point was that even Israel which in several areas is more advanced Iran, doesn’t operate behemoth subs.

Behemoth subs are for projecting second strike nuclear capability across the entire planet with Sub launched ICBM capability (SLBM or SLCM).
i didn't say israel produced them...

my point is that your comparison was stupid because "even" those non-behemoth subs are 4x larger than anything iran can make.

i didn't say israel produced them...

my point is that your comparison was stupid because "even" those non-behemoth subs are 4x larger than anything iran can make.

You are obviously misinformed.

The Besat is in line with original dolphin class submarine in terms of tonnage.

Furthermore, Iran “could” build a 2000+ ton sub based of Russian Kilo class submarine design. But what is the point when you don’t have a surface fleet?

Submarines protect your surface fleet and project power across the world as well as serve the nuclear deterrent role.

None of these are things Iran currently has. Thus bigger subs are currently useless.

For Iran to have 5000 or 7000+ Size submarines, it would need to be in a much different military doctrine and scope than today.

You are obviously misinformed.

The Besat is in line with original dolphin class submarine in terms of tonnage.

Furthermore, Iran “could” build a 2000+ ton sub based of Russian Kilo class submarine design. But what is the point when you don’t have a surface fleet?

Submarines protect your surface fleet and project power across the world as well as serve the nuclear deterrent role.

None of these are things Iran currently has. Thus bigger subs are currently useless.

For Iran to have 5000 or 7000+ Size submarines, it would need to be in a much different military doctrine and scope than today.
first of all besat is not 2000 tons, second of all where is it?

first of all besat is not 2000 tons, second of all where is it?
And why would they built any havier submarines when there is no surface fleet to support it...havy subs are deep water ships..and submarines are integral part of fleet...can't operate without fleet support effectively far from home...heck you can't even use subs like Kilo in P.Gulf....Iran is alread country with one of the largest submarine fleet...5th to be precise...and 6th county has less than half of that number...So to produce small subs...for Iran it has sense..but for large subs Iran needs first surface fleets ..So...first we don't know what Iran produce...like everything else we will know ONLY when they decide.to show us...and second I think we will first see larger ships produced than subs..but this doesn't mean they will not produce midget subs and work on larger..

And why would they built any havier submarines when there is no surface fleet to support it...havy subs are deep water ships..and submarines are integral part of fleet...can't operate without fleet support effectively far from home...heck you can't even use subs like Kilo in P.Gulf....Iran is alread country with one of the largest submarine fleet...5th to be precise...and 6th county has less than half of that number...So to produce small subs...for Iran it has sense..but for large subs Iran needs first surface fleets ..So...first we don't know what Iran produce...like everything else we will know ONLY when they decide.to show us...and second I think we will first see larger ships produced than subs..but this doesn't mean they will not produce midget subs and work on larger..
i am not saying they should build bigger, im saying they cant and wont.

i think damavand is biggest ship iran built and even that was shall compared to other similar ships (and sunk easily)

i think damavand is biggest ship iran built and even that was shall compared to other similar ships (and sunk easily)
Yes..I understand...I was refering to your post...but questiuon was not directed to you personally...I did understan what you said

Damavan is NOT the biggest ship Iran's built! It may be the biggest ship the Navy has built but in terms of size and structural integrity it's nothing compared to the cargo & Tanker ships Iran builds

upload_2018-10-1_19-12-51.png

And it's WIDTH ~130ft which is about half of a Jamaran Class's LENGTH so it has NOTHING to do with CAN'T!
vs
upload_2018-10-1_19-15-11.png

Well it is fair to say that Iran has very strong ship building industry and there is nothing they can't build probably..it is just metter of decision making and costs/investment

Damavan is NOT the biggest ship Iran's built! It may be the biggest ship the Navy has built but in terms of size and structural integrity it's nothing compared to the cargo & Tanker ships Iran builds
i meant military ship obviously... it's a bit easier to build a cargo ship than a destroyer...

i meant military ship obviously... it's a bit easier to build a cargo ship than a destroyer...

If we are talking strictly hulls, engine and propellers it's really not harder to build!

Iran can clearly build ~450 Ft long 50ft wide ships that at WORST uses the same type of radars and electronics as the MowJ class maybe with an additional sonar that's just better armed, with a stronger structure & increased range.

It's clearly well within Iran's capability if they choose to pay for it! If anything building anymore Mowj class is more of waist of resources mainly because Iran has limited number of facilities & Iran's navy is limited in the manpower they can have working on each ship then building one larger ship that's better able to attack and defend it's self is far better than building 2 Mowj Class frigates

Aside from the Sahand we have 3 other Mowj Class hulls waiting to be finished and one can only hope those are the last 3 and they move on to a bigger more capable hull and maybe that way we wouldn't have bunch of hulls waiting to be finished!
It's that easy for them to build the hulls! In terms of cost rather than investing in 2 Mowj class you can just put the money towards a larger more capable ship!

upload_2018-10-1_20-50-50.png

upload_2018-10-1_20-52-33.png

probably the ships derived from the Molly type are 4, the fourth is under construction in Banda e Anzali
proxy.php

Two more Ghadir subs delivered!

The submarines joined the Navy’s fleet during a ceremony in the port city of Jask, attended by a number of high-ranking officials, including Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi.

Speaking at the ceremony, Rear Admiral Khanzadi hailed the production of the homegrown watercraft and said, “Today, the strategic region of Jask is witnessing the addition of one of the world's most sophisticated technologies (submarines to the Navy).”

The first message of the submarines joining the Navy’s fleet is that the world should know that under all US pressures on the Iranian people and Armed Forces, the country’s technology and efforts not only did not stop, but Iranians were able to reach a very high level of sophisticated technology that could create a credible deterrence against all threats and enemies, the commander stressed.

Iranian military experts and technicians have in recent years made great headways in manufacturing a broad range of indigenous equipment, making the armed forces self-sufficient in the arms sphere.

Iranian officials have repeatedly underscored that the country will not hesitate to strengthen its military capabilities, including its missile power, which are entirely meant for defense, and that Iran’s defense capabilities will be never subject to negotiations.

Back in February 2018, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called for efforts to maintain and boost Iran’s defense capabilities, hitting back at the enemies for disputing the country’s missile program.

“Without a moment of hesitation, the country must move to acquire whatever is necessary for defense, even if the whole world is opposed to it,” Ayatollah Khamenei said on February 18.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...n-submarines-join-iranian-navy-s-fleet-photos

Back
Top Bottom