What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

Maybe the Tolue5 they talk about 5 years now.

64771_617.jpg
64726_867.jpg

This link is not working!
This link is not working!
Sorry l deleted that post and repost that images

A strange single shaft turbofan could also be seen during the exhibition. Very unusual design, low bypass hints to military application. The J90 was already unusual but this one tops that.

Surprised the Rahbar came all the way out to see these things. Usually he comes out for more significant items.

Could be part of a ramjet propulsion, hopefully not a pulsejet. It's not a turbojet or turbofan part as far as I can say.

That looks more like a ramjet to me than anything else.
As for pulsejets If Iran works on modernizing a larger more powerful diesel powered pulsejet why not (maybe with an added canisters of compressed Oxygen to increase burn rate) and remove the need of a long exhaust for negative pressure by adding a more advanced fuel systems and a separate compressor equipped carburetor that takes in compressed air and mixes it with diesel & oxygen... (As long as they are being innovative with their own configurations rather than copying others outdated designs it would be more than fine with me)

However if it was up to me I would want Iran to 1st and foremost work on larger more capable BLDC engine to power a fan to be added on a simplified single turbine compressor (both of hi and low bypass variants).... however, if your can make a powerful enough BLDC engine with high enough RPM maybe you can even use it to power a capable compressor to achieve a better consumption rates on a ramjet type combustion chamber.... (Basically a turbine free turbojet engine) or else you'll need to be propelled to very high speed to achieve any type of efficiency.
But Iran would 1st need to masters high power, high RPM, sensor equipped BLDC motors 1st and Iran's Electronic Industries has more than enough talent to solve that if the make it high priority.

Also with a BLDC fan you can potentially cut off fuel to your engine and use your fan to glide in towards a target from +20km out to reduce your heat & sound signature making the job much harder on IR sensors of SHORAD Missiles (practically making older IR missiles and human operated AAA obsolete against them)

Surprised the Rahbar came all the way out to see these things. Usually he comes out for more significant items.

Just because they are small or simply parts doesn't make them any less significant.

And advanced steam powered engine could potentially allow for Nuclear propulsion, A low consumption, low cost micro jet engine could potentially allow for mass production of a large cruise missile force to compliment your Ballistic Missiles, An more capable Iranian designed and produced Helo Gearbox and engine could potentially allow you to produce more capable Iranian built Helos at a faster pace.... These are all significant!

2639647-jpg.587722

Name: RJ-HP1

Length: 956.5 mm

Diameter: 360 mm

Ramjet weight: 53 kg Engine "accessories"

weight: 25 kg

Materials: Superalloys, steel

Fuel: JP-4

Speed: Mach 2 Speed at low altitude and , Mach 2.7 at high altitude,

Flight altitude: <1000M when in cruising stage

Exhaust temp.: 2000K

Thrust: 13 kN (~2900 lbf)