What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

There is just a question for those who knows the subject. It seems iranians are able to produce spare parts of A-400's engines. Is it conceivable to say that Iran is able to produce jet engine ?
In fact my straightforward question is not especially about Iran. As Iran is a close North Korea's ally, if one can, the second necessarily can.
Thx for any help

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/08/04/602657/Iran-plane-spare-parts-supply-sanctions-Manteqi
Iran sets 7-year horizon to become plane parts maker

Iranian aerospace companies would become suppliers of spare parts for planes in seven years time, says a senior Iranian high-tech official.

Manuchehr Manteqi, who heads Iran’s government department for advanced transportation, said on Sunday that Iranian companies had managed to obtain international certificates and licenses for manufacturing airplane parts, adding that Iran could reach a stage where it can even export spare parts to other countries.

“With this trend we hope that in the next seven years we could manufacture airplane parts and even supply (them) to other countries to match the position of European countries ...,” Manteqi told the IRNA agency.

The official said Iranian companies had already managed to manufacture “a bulk of” airliner parts whose supply to Iran has been restricted due to the American sanctions.

He said the achievement puts Iran in the ranks of few countries in the world who have mastered the knowledge to manufacture replacement parts for planes.

Iranian airlines have sought to strengthen their repair operations since the US re-imposed a series of sanctions on Iran in November which caused major global planemakers to stop offering maintenance services to Iran.

Largest carrier Homa said last month that its technicians had changed the engine of an old Airbus to return it to service in less than 24 hours amid a busy travel season for Iranian pilgrims.

Officials said the engine installed on the A300-600 had been fully overhauled and assembled by Homa engineers.

Experts believe Iran’s aerospace industry would largely benefit from US sanctions as many companies would seek to rely on domestic engineers and technicians who normally emigrate to find jobs in western countries.

The question is : Can Iranians reverse engineered A-300's jet engine ? If yes it is not only a breakthrough but an earthquake!

well we are building all of there parts after 40 years but the answer is dose it worth it? do we have the money to do it? we will have our first plane in 5 years so yes we can build plane engines, A-300??? i do not know, but we are building one for our plane.

IR-14900.JPG

795375_439.jpg

150_iran_civil_aircraft.jpg

IR-14900.JPG

795375_439.jpg

150_iran_civil_aircraft.jpg

13951007000452_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

13951007000440_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

The question is : Can Iranians reverse engineered A-300's jet engine ? If yes it is not only a breakthrough but an earthquake!

Iran said they are building a engine with the power output of 35 thousand pounds and they named it IR59-MT-1A engine.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/934092/آغاز-طراحی-موتور-توربوفن-در-داخل-کشور

IMG_8870.JPG

untitled.jpg

I have feeling that we see special defense day this year, and one of things that I guess they would unveil is Iranian engine something like RD-33.
Also, this year is the time for defense ministry to fulfill its promise about heavy engine.
3 yrs ago Owj engine in 21st August, clearly Rouhani is interested to air and anti air section of defense more than Ballistic missiles.

I have feeling that we see special defense day this year, and one of things that I guess they would unveil is Iranian engine something like RD-33.
Also, this year is the time for defense ministry to fulfill its promise about heavy engine.
3 yrs ago Owj engine in 21st August, clearly Rouhani is interested to air and anti air section of defense more than Ballistic missiles.

When is the defense day???

The candidates are clear:

- TV3-117 copy that will enable Iranian helicopters and turbo-prop UCAVs with significant payload.
- RD-33 copy, enabling bomber/long-range-reconnaissance overscale RQ-170 variant and of course a medium to heavy fighter for the IRIAFs new backbone.

Of course, the performance would be improved most likely to get them into closer to the state of the art sphere. Both have the necessary design reserves. 10 ton thrust for the RD-33 and 2000shp for the TV3-117 variant
They are just what Iran needs for the next 10 years and quite good technology choices if they manage to do achieve it.

Top General: Iran on Verge of Self-Sufficiency in Making Aircraft Engines

Iran is going to become fully self-sufficient in producing aircraft engines, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri said.

Baqeri said development of the technical know-how to make engines began with the local production of a number of simple components, adding that Iran is now on the verge of manufacturing the engines of modern jets and helicopters and achieving full self-sufficiency in developing such systems.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...f-self-sufficiency-in-making-aircraft-engines

Could be either unveiling of:
1. Mass productions site for owj
2. 1 of copy of rd33
3. Mass production site for copy of rd33

Hope for the last one. Most likely it is the first one which is still a big achievement.

Could be either unveiling of:
1. Mass productions site for owj
2. 1 of copy of rd33
3. Mass production site for copy of rd33

Hope for the last one. Most likely it is the first one which is still a big achievement.

The other candidate is the J-90 which would be a complete new design.

However knowing how difficult mastering a completely new turbofan would be, I hope for a RD-33 copy.

It is the most modern engine Iran has access to.

The RD-33 offers all parameters Iran needs: Two of it exceed the thrust of the expensive F-35's F-135 engine at only 20% higher engine weight (for two engine redundancy) and an estimated 10-20% higher fuel consumption.
These would be performance levels well sufficient for a 5th gen fighter.
If they manage to replace Soviet materials (still very good and back then ahead of its time) with more up-to-date ones, maybe from MAPNA, the durability could be increased and the engine potentially operated at higher power levels.
So I hope it is clear that a Iranian RD-33 would still represent a very good performing engine, ideally suited for Irans future programs. Supercruise capable, low SFC.
As this is a complex mechanical system, copying it in the first place, without the original blueprints is a monumental task in the first place.

I need to remind always that Chinese use a RD-33 variant on their J-31, 5th Gen demonstrator (they haven't manage to copy the RD-33 or a equivalent until now).
With a RD-33 in production, 15t-20t larger engines may be skipped and the path for a direct RAM/SCREAM jet engine with the RD-33 powering it to necessary operating speeds.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom