What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Yeah bro, its not about how skilled or capable you are as a commander in Iran, its about how much of a stain you have on your forehead.

These forehead comments are actually making me crease

But on a serious note, and this is not unique to Iran, we do have an issue of Loyalty > Experience; Surname > Experience; Family > Experience. I'd like to think that Rouhani's technocratic governance and Brig. Gen. Hatami knowing how crippled the Artesh is and understanding that despite the IRGC being a powerful & efficient force; is nowhere near its true potential due to mismanagement and corruption, will have made some headway into tackling this issue.

Thus far, promising signs include the order by the aforementioned and SL Khamenei for the Artesh and IRGC to divest from unrelated financial activities. But as is the case in Iran, I'll believe it when I see it.

In a tour of IRIAA 4th combat base in Isfahan several new developments were shown.

IRIAA Bell-214As upgraded with FLIR(performed by Army's Ya Ali industry with assistance from MOD).
1950388_991.jpg

1950389_650.jpg

1950390_644.jpg

1950392_624.jpg

1950393_259.jpg

1950394_243.jpg

1950395_610.jpg

IRIAA Toufan-2 equipped with Shafaq guided air to ground missile.
DXMJRzyU0AEN6m4.jpeg

1949785_916.jpg

In a tour of IRIAA 4th combat base in Isfahan several new developments were shown.

IRIAA Bell-214As upgraded with FLIR(performed by Army's Ya Ali industry with assistance from MOD).
View attachment 456827
View attachment 456828
View attachment 456829
View attachment 456830
View attachment 456831
View attachment 456832
View attachment 456833

View attachment 456834
View attachment 456836

Iran Army Aviation are going full on with these camouflages, and I'm loving it!

See you are wrong again... This is a a 50yrs old technology (AIM-9J air to air missile) but you advertise it as "new". Why?
50 year old tech but it's still in use today even with the US army so what's your point ? It's obviously a modified, optimized version, not the exact same as what they had in the 1960's... Your point is invalid. It's like saying "oh AK-47 was made in 1947" so what ? the modified, upgraded version today are still relevant and in use with various armies throughout the world.

View attachment 456827
View attachment 456828
View attachment 456829
View attachment 456830
View attachment 456831
View attachment 456832
View attachment 456833

View attachment 456834
View attachment 456836

In past couple of months I heard a lot of noisy helicopters passing above our home :undecided: . if our guys in MOD/Army/IRGC could't do something for reducing noise of engines , can they give a project to our guys in knowledge based companies for building a new cover for engines to reduce noise ?

In past couple of months I heard a lot of noisy helicopters passing above our home :undecided: . if our guys in MOD/Army/IRGC could't do something for reducing noise of engines , can they give a project to our guys in knowledge based companies for building a new cover for engines to reduce noise ?
believe the problem have more to do with blades rather than engine itself

Shame satellite imagery is updated relatively infrequently.

Depending on how far Iran is willing to go, and if it actually goes through, certainly. Of course, the 400-500 or so T-72S that we made in Iran were bought from Russia and I believe were knock down kits. The thing is, I'm just scared that this will be little more than a deep modernisation of the existing 400 or so T-72S that Iran has in service. For a vast country like Iran with so many threats around it I'm sure this number is far too small. Iran currently has a force of about 1000 active tanks, though many of them are showing their age. All these tin cans need to be replaced, the M47s and Chieftains need to go. I maintain that we have to consider making these Karrars in large numbers, probably over nearer to 2000 than 1000...

Well when they unveiled the Karrar they stated that they had spent over 1 million man hours on research & development if I remember correctly. The pictures of the Karrars we saw being assembled also appeared brand new.

See you are wrong again... This is a a 50yrs old technology (AIM-9J air to air missile) but you advertise it as "new". Why?

It looks like Iran use it as an iranian version of the hellfire missile. And that is new. Where in this kind of using, the AIM-9 seeker has some advantages over the seeker of the hellfire missile in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom