What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Sorry to reply to such an old message, but I'm very curious about this image, seen it around a few times but cannot find the context of it. Is it from a parade? I've searched through videos of Iran's Sacred Defense and Military parades and never saw tanks on display (other than being carried on trucks).
Would love to know more info about this. Thanks.
This was a picture during the time Iran was going to invade Afghanistan (Taliban) in 1998, but was cancelled shortly before launch.

This was a build of up forces near the border. During this time, I'd say Iran had the best & largest armored corps in the region, but since 20+ years now, their has not been modernization in this front.

It's edited to make it more scenic but it is a real picture.

Whats the bet that its either:
1.originally captured by the us/us arab vassals on its way to yemen.
2.illegally sold on by some enterprising person/persons in the iraq pmus or syrian militias.
3.legitimate arms purchase thru some western/ukraine front company.
Because I really just cant for the life of me see ukraines western "allies" being very keen on zelensky and co spending any of that hard earned western tax payer aid dollars on iranian weapons......
.........but I could be wrong. :azn:

2.illegally sold on by some enterprising person/persons in the iraq pmus or syrian militias.
Because I really just cant for the life of me see ukraines western "allies" being very keen on zelensky and co spending any of that hard earned western tax payer aid dollars on iranian weapons......
Ukraine would need some sort of authroization from the USA to do a direct transfer of funds through swift for the products.

Likely, these munitions were sold to X country who then transported them to Ukraine. It could be any country with balanced relations like Baku,

Could be that Iran decided to sell to the Ukrainians directly. You never know.

Ukraine would need some sort of authroization from the USA to do a direct transfer of funds through swift for the products.

Likely, these munitions were sold to X country who then transported them to Ukraine. It could be any country with balanced relations like Baku,
Another Iran-Contra Affair?

Disappointing showing out of Fath (HIMARS) equivalent.

Out of 5 Fath only one scored a direct hit (20% accuracy). Error in interial guidance does not make sense since inertial guidance loses accuracy as time passes and given very short range of this missile (75KM) time from launch to impact should have been very very quick.

Possible this was a different type of rocket launch and not Fath. Could also mean GNSS is not very accurate especially in Middle East.

Or it can simply mean Iran needs to work on guidance kit of Fath for next generations.
Thought about it for a bit,

It's possible when firing the launcher is destabilized a bit, by the next time the next round goes of, and so on and so forth.

Note how the first rocket that hits, is pinpoint but the successive rockets after miss the mark, these are just normal trucks, so they might be a bit shaky when firing missiles, and even a slight shake or shift in the launch angle or truck position can alter the impact point by several meters.

Could be that Iran decided to sell to the Ukrainians directly. You never know.
I honestly just cant see whats in it for iran,either economically or politically.Any deals that it could do with the ukraine would be literally chicken-feed penny-ante bullsh!t compared to what they can potentially get from the russians.And thats without the obvious fact of the ukraine being a nato ally,and of course the wests own political problems with iran.
It just makes no sense for iran to do that from any angle I`m afraid.

I think that the only way this sort of thing might [possibly] happen is if there were multiple front companies and middlemen involved who could obscure both the [actual] supplier and the [real] end user.
The BIG problem tho,is that in this day in age with things like social media,all that it takes is a few photos posted online and BANG there goes your whole clever shell game.

Another Iran-Contra Affair?
But what would iran get out of such an arrangement?
The fact is that russia just has more to offer iran than the ukraine does.

There is a 4th option: misinformation. If we agree selling arms to Ukraine is antithetical to Iran, misinformation fits best and satisfies Occam’s Razor.

Considering that artillery shells from Iran that aren’t in its export catalogue have made it to Ukraine, it is safe to assume that Iran’s arms industry and leadership are selling Iranian arms to third parties knowing very well they may end up in Ukraine.

War is profitable business for arms suppliers. Iran is no exception. It keeps Iran’s arms factories producing and keeps workers employed while bringing in much needed hard currency (gold/euros/dollars/etc)

That’s a win-win

Considering that artillery shells from Iran that aren’t in its export catalogue have made it to Ukraine, it is safe to assume that Iran’s arms industry and leadership are selling Iranian arms to third parties knowing very well they may end up in Ukraine.

War is profitable business for arms suppliers. Iran is no exception. It keeps Iran’s arms factories producing and keeps workers employed while bringing in much needed hard currency (gold/euros/dollars/etc)

That’s a win-win
Indeed, good chance if they've been getting orders lately they have a pretty good idea where they are going. Serial #'s are also very visible so if it gets to their attention they can check where this batch was sent to. Since these are not serious munitions instead just generic munitions, it is not a big deal nor a game changer that would hurt relations with Russia.

That’s a win-win

I really hope you’re wrong. Iranians should never be in that type of terrible business.

I really hope you’re wrong. Iranians should never be in that type of terrible business.

here is the evidence, you can draw your own conclusions:

More evidence in the tweet threads. Too much to quote.

Considering the ammo was made in 2022, it seems unlikely that they were taken from Syria. Iranian advisors and Syrian army havent lost any land that I am aware of in 2022 to US/Turkey backed terrorists. I am also unaware of Houthi’s using 152mm shells nor Iraqi PMUs. So captured/confiscated Iranian arms may explain some of Iranian arms ending up Ukraine conflict, but not all.

Notice also that in last tweet the picture on the right is taken from 2018 in Syria. If you look on the crate in 2018, Syria was receiving Iranian shells dating back to at least 2009 - indicating Iran emptying older inventory from storage. Whereas the shells supplied to Ukraine (image on the left) were manufactured in the same year they were supplied —indicating an order was put in with the factories and they were produced for a specific buyer/client.

So it is quite possible a third party country (African/UAE/QATAR) or an international arms dealers scouring the globe for munitions are buying these from Iranian factories and paying top dollar.

Considering the amount of hard currency this generates, business is business.

Other possibility which can't be dismissed: someone is quite simply repainting shells from their stockpiles and adding these little "details" mimicking newly produced munitions made in Iran. With the obvious aim of undermining Iran-Russia relations.

For the USA regime and its many Eastern European vassals, it's literally child's play to manipulate the outer appearance of artillery shells they have in storage - after all, it's basically just a new paint job and black end caps to mount, again genuine child's play for a major military intelligence apparatus like NATO's. Then print some numbers and codes on the boxes housing them, and voilà, the latest hoax made in Washington is ready to be spread by NATO troll farms across "social media". Especially considering the limited quantities of munitions put on display each time. So technically, the enemy faces no obstacle in manufacturing fakes.

If there's something western / zionist intelligence services excel at, it's grandiloquent Hollywood-style shows intended to feed the psy-ops and disinformation they're running around the clock. No need to insist on how much of a priority it is for NATO and the zionist regime to try and sabotage every bond linking Iran to partners and allies, Russia in particular (remember how at the onset of the Ukraine war, American users who practically were never posting in this section, suddenly made an appearance at the Iranian Chill Thread and began sharing daily war updates from "Twitter" accounts with a heavy bias against Russia?).

And in this regard, their propaganda is systematically bi-directional (i.e. "hey Iranians, Russia is backstabbing you, look!" and at the same time, "hey Russians, see how Iran is betraying you, didn't we tell you they're unreliable allies!").

Business is business, but there are certain limits to this principle. Such as when a bilateral relationship is in the process of reaching strategic alliance levels, conflicting business interests will be kept in check. Russia would definitely not have taken it lightly, had Iran actually been engaging in these sorts of dual transactions benefiting the country Moscow is presently at war with. Also note this is not just any conflict for the Russians: both the leadership in Moscow and the great majority of Russian people consider the threat posed by NATO expansionism in Ukraine to be of an existential nature.

From Iran's own perspective, putting into jeopardy a close strategic and military partnership with Moscow, which literally took two decades of painstaking diplomatic efforts and astute balancing acts to finalize, at a time when the enemy is steadily increasing its pressure and certain uncertainties might have surfaced in regards to some other partners, the cost of such actions would outweigh any benefits by a considerable margin. Knowing that hypothetical gains would consist in a not really significant influx of hard currency (considering Iranian price tags, these shells would sell dirt cheap and wouldn't make a tangible difference to Iran's trade balance).

Jedaal have recently produced an excellent presentation I shall post here soon, on how the Iran-Russia partnership took shape and what diligent, minutious planning underlay the whole process on Iran's part. It implies that Iran won't be risking the unique special relationship she managed to build up with Russia, in exchange for a few million dollars, including if the rapprochement with Moscow were to be relatively short lived for reasons unrelated to the question at hand.

Last edited:
here is the evidence, you can draw your own conclusions:

More evidence in the tweet threads. Too much to quote.

Considering the ammo was made in 2022, it seems unlikely that they were taken from Syria. Iranian advisors and Syrian army havent lost any land that I am aware of in 2022 to US/Turkey backed terrorists. I am also unaware of Houthi’s using 152mm shells nor Iraqi PMUs. So captured/confiscated Iranian arms may explain some of Iranian arms ending up Ukraine conflict, but not all.

Notice also that in last tweet the picture on the right is taken from 2018 in Syria. If you look on the crate in 2018, Syria was receiving Iranian shells dating back to at least 2009 - indicating Iran emptying older inventory from storage. Whereas the shells supplied to Ukraine (image on the left) were manufactured in the same year they were supplied —indicating an order was put in with the factories and they were produced for a specific buyer/client.

So it is quite possible a third party country (African/UAE/QATAR) or an international arms dealers scouring the globe for munitions are buying these from Iranian factories and paying top dollar.

Considering the amount of hard currency this generates, business is business.

I understand what you’re saying. It just seems so antithetical to both IRI’s character and current strategy.

Given your argument, are you saying the IRI is actively engaging both sides (albeit with varying degrees) OR Iran’s military industrial complex has un/consciously involved itself with these merchants? I can rationalize the latter more easily. But even that I find it hard to fathom anything more than a one time slip that’s been capped….?

Also, given the above, can’t these pictures be of ‘acquired’ Iranian equipment intended for less nefarious reasons like supporting allies? Or why can’t we dismiss all of the above and just call these equipment fake or doctored?

Back
Top Bottom