What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Karrar tank with Iranian army instead of IRGC? Also they removed the electro optical jammers I think. I found this version on Twitter without the giant *** watermark

There is different upgrade levels to Karrar, some don’t have Infrared jammer or certain other options. Also the recent war games they tested a new jammer so it could be they are upgrading tanks eventually to new jammer.

We will see.

The same source that mentioned 800 if you dig up the thread about karrar you'll find it. The 800 was not karrar it was all types of tanks they were planning to get

I'm lacking time, sorry. Why not just name it?

Also, what other types of tanks could Iran possibly procure as many as 700 examples of? The other upgraded T-72 variant shown by the IRGC?

Last edited:
I'm lacking time, sorry. Why not just name it?

Also, what other types of tanks could Iran possibly procure as many as 700 examples of?
Right now I'm on phone and it's at the end of a 12 hour shift , later I dig it out

" In July 2018, The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) had announced a plan to procure almost 800 modern main Karrar battle tanks."

another source:
wrong the plan was upgrading and producing 700 to 800 new tanks for Army and IRGC ,
Karrar one of them .

The same source that mentioned 800 if you dig up the thread about karrar you'll find it. The 800 was not karrar it was all types of tanks they were planning to get

The. Most recent one they wanted to get 800 tanks and around 100 of them were karrrar
I can't find the source for only 100 Karrar, gotta link? cause they explicitly said 800 Karrrar

wrong the plan was upgrading and producing 700 to 800 new tanks for Army and IRGC ,
Karrar one of them .
There is no reference to your figure of "100 Karrars" in this article. Also the term upgrade is applicable to the Karrar MBT project because most of the planned Karrar MBTs will be built using preexisting T-72 chassis that are fitted with the new turret, power pack and sub systems.

Karrar tank with Iranian army instead of IRGC? Also they removed the electro optical jammers I think. I found this version on Twitter without the giant *** watermark
This Karrar in the picture is missing the Remote Weapon system and Crew commander's independent sights. The Crew Commander's copula appears to be the original copula from the standard T-72 MBT wich really limits the crew commander's situational awareness.. Judging from this image it looks like the Artesh are getting a down graded version of the Karrar MBT most likely due to funding issues. Over all though even a downgraded karrar is better than the the T-72S MBTs that they will replace. These Karrars can always be upgraded in the future if the budget improves.

Iran beginning to use laser engagement system to simulate real world combat for its troops during training.

A lot more effective than war games just shooting at targets.
The IRGC have had this capability for well over 5 years now. They even had a Television Show where they had 2 teams competing against each other using this system.

Back
Top Bottom