What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

We could test this right here, by putting the question to the 20-25 active Iranian users of this forum - just how many of these can honestly claim that all their four grand-parents have their roots in one single linguistic community? Aryobarzan already mentioned he is of both Azari Iranian and Persian Iranian lineage. My Iranian family is very mixed as well, with roots in at least three different linguistic groups. 2:0.

Most Iranians cannot be artificially squeezed into a so-called "ethnic" sub-category. This is a fact which enemies attempting to divide Iranians along "ethnic" lines must be slapped with again and again. It is the single most powerful objective argument against hostile separatist and "ethnicist" discourse.

Iranian citizens across all linguistic lines would overwhelmingly back their motherland against any foreign adversary, no matter the identity of said adversary. To the Iranian people Islam and Iran come first, not so-called "ethnicity".
Its far more complex than that , for me I knew of my grand parent ethnicity but I knew nothing of their parents Iran has always been cross road of middle east when it come to ethnicities , you go on Iran streets and ask people what they consider when they want to marry someone and I doubt 1 in 10000 you hear ethnicity , you go to a traditional Iranian proposal, if they ask from where the bride or the groom are they want to tell they have an aunt, uncle or cousin in that city , in modern proposals the bride and groom do all the thing and they don't even bother about that , the only time they ask about the family origin is when they want to tell the groom family they must go to which city to do the symbolic proposal ceremony and that's if the parents of the bride don't live in the same city .
considering in Iran they decide on foreign policy based on ethnicity is at best a foreign concept for us

Its far more complex than that , for me I knew of my grand parent ethnicity but I knew nothing of their parents Iran has always been cross road of middle east when it come to ethnicities , you go on Iran streets and ask people what they consider when they want to marry someone and I doubt 1 in 10000 you hear ethnicity , you go to a traditional Iranian proposal, if they ask from where the bride or the groom are they want to tell they have an aunt, uncle or cousin in that city , in modern proposals the bride and groom do all the thing and they don't even bother about that , the only time they ask about the family origin is when they want to tell the groom family they must go to which city to do the symbolic proposal ceremony and that's if the parents of the bride don't live in the same city .

None of this invalidates my comment though. I simply stated that most Iranians have mixed linguistic heritage. Therefore it's impossible to subdivide the bulk of the Iranian population into distinct "ethno"-linguistic categories and thus all talk of so-called "ethnic" considerations underlying the political behaviour and choices of Iranians is baseless.

This fact alone is enough to debunk separatist propaganda and Iranian patriots should be highlighting it much more than it has been to date.

if they ask from where the bride or the groom are they want to tell they have an aunt, uncle or cousin in that city ,

City and "ethnicity" are different concepts. Since you're explaining that even this has lost its relevance in modern times with regards to marriages, it only supports my conclusion.

Also most cities in Iran are inhabited by people from different linguistic backgrounds. Not even at the geographical level are linguistic groups strictly delimited in Iran, but intermixing has been the rule.

considering in Iran they decide on foreign policy based on ethnicity is at best a foreign concept for us

That's what I've been saying. "Ethnicity" plays no role in Iranian foreign policy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on a secret deal with Russia. Russia does not have a strong reason for supporting Iran. Russia's interests in the Nagorno-Karabakh were respected (unlike ours) and they do not have the incentive for supporting Iran to change the status quo. Why should they change something that works for them? Meanwhile, Russia has recently established strong economic and military ties with Turkey and it won't risk them over something that is of little importance to them. As for China, China is not going to take sides and it has more reasons to stay neutral than to support Iran.

The only viable option left for Iran is to hope for a nationalist government in Armenia that wants to nullify the agreement signed by the previous government. Then Iran can support Armenia indirectly or find an excuse to enter the show. And that is unlikely to happen because the Armenians feel at a disadvantage against the Republic of Baku and a lot of things must change in Armenia for that to happen. And again, Russia remains the main player in Armenia and I doubt Russia would be interested in that. Russia will sacrifice Armenia any time for Baku and Turkey.
why are u saying something strange where are those transporting machine go to russia from iran they hurt russia to

All these people and countries are pointless in the Azerbaijan scenario. It is a Turkic country and they signed a defensive treaty. An attack on Azerbajian will trigger Turkey's defense pact with Azerbaijan instantly. In truth Baku is just a middle man and not the real picture but Turkey won't allow Iran inside Azerbaijan. This will lead to major regional war that nor of the states want which means this entire saga was a dead end from the get go depsite the back and forth words exchanged earlier in the week. The Azeris are politically assurred they have strong military and on top of that Turkey will deploy full stop with that they fency their chances in any eventful out-break. That is why they invaded Nagorno-Karabakh to begin they knew interventions were not coming because they have done their homework before going in there and have signed the right treaties and made the right alliances.

Also Iran is not planning on engaging any Turkic state in the near future in the region it has to many of them bordering her already and they are very nationalistic and warlike people not someone you miscalculate against easily unless it was last resort because they are unpredictable example a country like Turkmenistan it is much stronger than it's actual size and the same with Azerbaijan herself they are nothing like Iraqi militias they are professional, mobile and proven warriors numbers really doesn't mean much in their case since their output is great.
turky where is it is turky is power it need only some sejil in istanbul and ankara and kords invade it and turky became kordestan and its not turkic its azaris turky is barbarian of mongol who live in wset of russia and invad rome bicame osmani azaris is arians like myselfg dont compare ours with this barbarian
You will come in but end up losing further lands inside your territory. We know how you have folded miraclously thru out history and holding the must military upsets in human history. You are the least worrying element in the region. Watch Tehren go in such scenario this is an unknown territory and you are taking on unknown elements..

lol who want to take it oh poweful khardoghan if we cut our gas and electrisite on turky u r going to ston age

Last edited:
When two countries with ties to the zio-Americans are at each others' throats, the most immediately logical reaction for Iran would be to observe neutrality. Naturally one of the two is going to have deeper relations with the overarching enemy, but the fundamental equation remains.

However what makes the point specially relevant in this case is the fact that Pashinyan's administration was the one which initiated this policy of rapprochement with the zionists in Armenia. So it Baku's offensive offered Iran a perfect opportunity to let the Armenia experience first hand how the zionists and Americans will abandon them in times of need despite all measures they took to please them, namely limiting expansion of ties with Iran. Now Iran can tell Armenia: you see what one gets from bowing to zio-American directives or from trying to placate them?

If Pashinyan insists on maintaining the same approach despite this bitter experience of zionist and US betrayal, Iran can then reach out to Armenian civil society as well as to Pashinyan's political rivals and back them against the current Prime Minister.

It was brilliant tactical play by Iran vis a vis Erevan insofar as it may encourage the Armenians to rebalance their relations in Iran's favor and away from the zionists.
Iran often makes very good moves in the foreign policy area. The likelihood of a surprise blitz on Syunik was very high and Iran understood the threat and acted appropriately. Syunik is one of Erdogan's biggest foreign policy goals along with Syria which was a total failure for him as well. 8 years trying to dethrone Assad, and left with 4 million refugees and a Kurdish separatist group in their south

If you compare the genetic code of Azeris from (North) Azerbaijan, their genetic code is very close to Iranic races (just like South Azeribajian Azeris) and not close to Turkey (Turkic) race like commonly believed.
After decades of propoganda, they only after doing DNA tests find out the truth, and shoke mishan lol. Even though this is fairly obvious.

If you compare the genetic code of Azeris from (North) Azerbaijan, their genetic code is very close to Iranic races (just like South Azeribajian Azeris) and not close to Turkey (Turkic) race like commonly believed.
This is what decades of propaganda and brainwashing do to people.
And we also have to blame the wrong policies of the Iranian regime that suppressed Iranian shared values and culture in the early years after revolution.

Good old Iranians are at it again trying to bully smaller countries around their neighbourhood. Like what's the matter with you guys always itching for a quarrel.

This is hallucations if Azerbaijan had any plans currently of expanding into Armenia it would have done so but there is just no political incentive including the deal with Russia. So this is pretty much fantasy that was actully never on the card to begin it in regards Azerbaijan seizing the corridor. I reckon it is weak local consumption but absolutely silly one.

Azerbaijan is not intimidated by Iran even the lest they are better conventionally armed and more renewed warriors and warlike people compared to their farsi neighbours. Despite everything Azerbaijan has the firepower to punch thru Iranian lines at will and overrun their northern territories. This is just Iran getting insecure but they will not meet anything but stiff azeris they are to proud for this grab. The Lions of Azer will not lose sleep over Iran not even a second. Not a power on earth can undo them not even if the whole world were to gather..

Back
Top Bottom