What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Good old Iranians are at it again trying to bully smaller countries around their neighbourhood. Like what's the matter with you guys always itching for a quarrel.
Study the situation first before speaking
This is hallucations if Azerbaijan had any plans currently of expanding into Armenia it would have done so but there is just no political incentive including the deal with Russia. So this is pretty much fantasy that was actully never on the card to begin it in regards Azerbaijan seizing the corridor. I reckon it is weak local consumption but absolutely silly one.

Azerbaijan is not intimidated by Iran even the lest they are better conventionally armed and more renewed warriors and warlike people compared to their farsi neighbours. Despite everything Azerbaijan has the firepower to punch thru Iranian lines at will and overrun their northern territories. This is just Iran getting insecure but they will not meet anything but stiff azeris they are to proud for this grab. The Lions of Azer will not lose sleep over Iran not even a second. Not a power on earth can undo them not even if the whole world were to gather..

okay.:coffee:

Alright, I'll act oblivious. So can you kindly please explain the situation mr iro iro ran.

It's quite simple actually, and very pragmatic and logical.

Azerbaijan for years has been working with Israel against Iran, and have purchased billions of dollars worth of Israeli military equipment, to in the future, use against Iran. Supposedly this is a Muslim country. This extensive relationship, including covert relationship has been a thorn on the side of Iran that has tolerated it for many years now.

After Khamenei himself said that Karabagh was legally and rightfully Azerbaijan's, Aliyev decided to block the Goris-Kapan road, and arrested Iranian (Azeri speaking) truck drivers, and arrest a few of them as well. In addition, Aliyev said any goods that are traded between Armenia and Iran will be taxed. In essence, Azerbaijan wants to cut off the Iran-Armenia border, and cut off an important trade route of Iran. Is that not supposed to be perceived as a threat? This whole story is a story about a small country repeatedly poking it's neighbor, and after being poked 1000 times, including allowing its land to be used by Israeli Mossad agents for sabotage operations, it seems that a reaction is happening.

In addition, Azerbaijan may be a base used by Israel to attack Iran, such possibility has been around since 2012. Now with all this piling up, certain Azerbaijani officials have made it quite apparent that they want to "wipe Iran off the map" based on a Turkish newspaper. And such, you can see that Iran has lost it patience here. I don't think I need to remind you that Azerbaijan is not a Muslim country, it is a irreligious and secular country who purchases their weapons from Israel. Theirs probably some other points I've missed here but I'm sure others can elaborate.

Azerbaijan for years has been working with Israel against Iran, and have purchased billions of dollars worth of Israeli military equipment
We can say the same thing about Armenia still does not justify military buildup.
Aliyev said any goods that are traded between Armenia and Iran will be taxed. In essence, Azerbaijan wants to cut off the Iran-Armenia border and cut off an important trade route of Iran.
It's Azerbaijan's territory they have the right to challenge anyone who is found breaking norms trading with their enemy using Azerbaijan's soil, it's simply justified and logical. But harassing drivers is not.

However, Iran is being stubborn, you guys share a physical border with Armenia why not use that to your benefit and not infuriate Azerbaijan by using their soil to trade with their arch enemy. It's simple logic.

including allowing its land to be used by Israeli Mossad agents for sabotage operations,
I highly doubt that even though Azerbaijan is a secular country its values are co-shared with turkey. So I highly doubt Azerbaijan allowing Israeli presence in their country. Military procurements are somewhat an if.

All in all the fault is somewhere in between both states and unfortunately, neither one of youse are getting the bigger picture. It's like 2 aunties fighting over well, thin air.

However, Iran is being stubborn, you guys share a physical border with Armenia why not use that to your benefit and not infuriate Azerbaijan by using their soil to trade with their arch enemy. It's simple logic.

I highly doubt that even though Azerbaijan is a secular country its values are co-shared with turkey. So I highly doubt Azerbaijan allowing Israeli presence in their country. Military procurements are somewhat an if.
Because Azerbaijan seems to have its eyes set on occupying our borders with Armenia. Hence, the military buildup. If they remain reasonable and agree to what has been agreed on, there should be no problem. But evidences point otherwise.

As for the second paragraph, I hate to break it to you but Turkey has been Israel's most strategic partner and asset in the region for decades. But if you think Turkey has a problem with Israel and Turkey's values do not allow the presence of Israelis in Azerbaijan, you really need to wake up and live in reality.

Azerbaijan is not a Muslim country, it is a irreligious and secular country who purchases their weapons from Israel.

Agreed with everything you wrote above, but just a tiny terminological suggestion if I may: we shouldn't speak of the country as non-Muslim even if its ruling establishment is secularist. As long as someone declares themself Muslim and does not follow a creed deemed outside the boundaries of Islam by a consensus of scholars (like Bahaism for instance), we aren't allowed to consider them non-Muslims. We can however criticize their behaviour with regards to Islamic precepts. Therefore it'd be better not to refer to the so-called Republic of Azarbaijan as a non-Muslim country, but rather as a non-Islamic state. These nuances are important to avoid unauthorized takfir. For even Muslims can act in contravention of Islamic rules.

It's Azerbaijan's territory they have the right to challenge anyone who is found breaking norms trading with their enemy using Azerbaijan's soil, it's simply justified and logical. But harassing drivers is not.

I think you need to double check the map. The region we are talking about is Synuik which is a official province of Armenia (not part of Karabagh). Iran and Armenia share a UN recognized border, no one is using Azerbaijan's territory. Azerbaijan has entered Armenia territory in Syunik and have blocked the roads.

All in all the fault is somewhere in between both states and unfortunately, neither one of youse are getting the bigger picture. It's like 2 aunties fighting over well, thin air.
Military procurements are as clear as day and easily reserached online.

As for Israeli presence in Azerbaijan, this is really something the intel agencies of the world would know.
Agreed with everything you wrote above, but just a tiny terminological suggestion if I may: we shouldn't speak of the country as non-Muslim even if its ruling establishment is secularist. As long as someone declares themself Muslim and does not follow a creed deemed outside the boundaries of Islam by a consensus of scholars (like Bahaism for instance), we aren't allowed to consider them non-Muslims. We can however criticize their behaviour with regards to Islamic precepts. Therefore it'd be better not to refer to the so-called Republic of Azarbaijan as a non-Muslim country, but rather as a non-Islamic state. These nuances are important to avoid unauthorized takfir. For even Muslims can act in contravention of Islamic rules.
Fair enough. I did jump the gun there. We should also note that the so-called Republic of Azerbaijan routinely suppresses Shia Muslims in the state.

think you need to double check the map. The region we are talking about is Synuik which is a official province of Armenia (not part of Karabagh). Iran and Armenia share a UN recognized border, no one is using Azerbaijan's territory. Azerbaijan has entered Armenia territory in Syunik and have blocked the roads.
Why would they need to go into Syunik to block the road when Syunik is only accessible via a road that runs through Azerbaijani territory. I think this whole incident is blown out of proportion from the Iranian side.

Screenshot_20210930_081201.jpg

This is hallucations if Azerbaijan had any plans currently of expanding into Armenia it would have done so but there is just no political incentive including the deal with Russia. So this is pretty much fantasy that was actully never on the card to begin it in regards Azerbaijan seizing the corridor. I reckon it is weak local consumption but absolutely silly one.

Azerbaijan is not intimidated by Iran even the lest they are better conventionally armed and more renewed warriors and warlike people compared to their farsi neighbours. Despite everything Azerbaijan has the firepower to punch thru Iranian lines at will and overrun their northern territories. This is just Iran getting insecure but they will not meet anything but stiff azeris they are to proud for this grab. The Lions of Azer will not lose sleep over Iran not even a second. Not a power on earth can undo them not even if the whole world were to gather..

The more modern equipment Azerbaijan has the juicier the "Ghaneemat" for Iran!!! We saw how poorly Azeri troops fought during the Nagorno/Karabakh War last year. If it were not for the heavy use of Turkish Bayraktar TB-2 and Israeli Harpy drones by Azerbaijan and the lack of effective AD on the Artsakh side the war would have ended differently! I don't know if you have noticed but Iran is not comparable to Artsakh when it comes to AD. Iran has a robust air defense network and Iran has its own huge UCAV and Suicide drone fleet to boot!

Last edited:
Good old Iranians are at it again trying to bully smaller countries around their neighbourhood. Like what's the matter with you guys always itching for a quarrel.
what bullying did our force entered Azerbaijan , since when telling a country you must not attack another country 4 time smaller than yours is bullying

Wow just Wow
Why would they need to go into Syunik to block the road when Syunik is only accessible via a road that runs through Azerbaijani territory. I think this whole incident is blown out of proportion from the Iranian side.

View attachment 780990
have you saw the map of the road Armenia want to build to Iran also Armenia planning on a north south corridor annexation of Syunik literally put a nail in the coffin of that project

Last edited:
#Several reports from locals suggest that Iran has lined up tanks and heavy mechanized units along Aras river near Azerbaijan borders.

If IRGC and army decide to launch an offensive, they would first make a buffer zone in Nakhchivan autonomous Republic. In this case, anexation of Nakhchivan would be on the table.

we bellied England too and UAE and Saudi Arabia and Israel, we will bully all of our neighbors if they look sideways to Iran :enjoy:
It's quite simple actually, and very pragmatic and logical.

Azerbaijan for years has been working with Israel against Iran, and have purchased billions of dollars worth of Israeli military equipment, to in the future, use against Iran. Supposedly this is a Muslim country. This extensive relationship, including covert relationship has been a thorn on the side of Iran that has tolerated it for many years now.

After Khamenei himself said that Karabagh was legally and rightfully Azerbaijan's, Aliyev decided to block the Goris-Kapan road, and arrested Iranian (Azeri speaking) truck drivers, and arrest a few of them as well. In addition, Aliyev said any goods that are traded between Armenia and Iran will be taxed. In essence, Azerbaijan wants to cut off the Iran-Armenia border, and cut off an important trade route of Iran. Is that not supposed to be perceived as a threat? This whole story is a story about a small country repeatedly poking it's neighbor, and after being poked 1000 times, including allowing its land to be used by Israeli Mossad agents for sabotage operations, it seems that a reaction is happening.

In addition, Azerbaijan may be a base used by Israel to attack Iran, such possibility has been around since 2012. Now with all this piling up, certain Azerbaijani officials have made it quite apparent that they want to "wipe Iran off the map" based on a Turkish newspaper. And such, you can see that Iran has lost it patience here. I don't think I need to remind you that Azerbaijan is not a Muslim country, it is a irreligious and secular country who purchases their weapons from Israel. Theirs probably some other points I've missed here but I'm sure others can elaborate.
you missed drones that came to Iran from Azerbaijan and that Iran's Azerbaijan is part of their land too

1632997706611.png

1632997742223.png

Last edited:
The biggest obstacle to the Azerbademjan situation is Russia. Its become abundantly clear that Iran and Armenia need to get into some kind of defense agreement to stop Turkish enchroachment/aggression/ ethnic propaganda.

Yet Armenia went out of its way (on Russian orders) to make the oil pipeline gauge connecting to Iran smaller. a ridiculous move that makes absolutely no sense. Russian troops are deployed along the Iranian and turkish borders with Armenia. and Russia is treaty bound to protect armenia.

Armenia is Russias vassal. and Iran had respected that. but now Russia is looking the other way to azeri aggression because they dont like the current Armenian government. and could care less if Armenia lost its Iran connection (and becomes even more reliant on Russia)

Iran cannot afford to sit idle and let this happen. Deploying to the borders is only the first step. its a universe away from potential land grabs.. Iranian policy is firm that it respects its neighbours soveriegnty (unfortunately)... look for small scale steps like exchange of fire between the borders. Iran has previously opened fire on azeri ships and foreign ships employed by alievbaijan. and forced them out of disuputed caspian waters claimed by Iran.

azerbademjan is easily intimidated by show of force. They have calculated that since Iran has a large azeri population, the Iranian government will be reluctant to defend its interests... it is the exact same miscalculation saddam made with Iranian arabs in khuzestan..

its beyond time azerbademjan/pink panturks got taught a lesson. Historically they have always interpereted Iranian reservations as weakness and invitation for aggression. Usually this ended up with a devastating lesson that put them in place when a shah abbas or Nader showed up.. we need that same mentality.

Back
Top Bottom