What's new

Iranian envoy opposes Turkmen gas delivery to Turkey via Caspian Sea

Yes, it is. Especially is it happens in Iran's backyard.

Backyard does not mean squat in International dealings. As long as that pipeline is not going thru Iranian territory or recognized water boundaries, what Turkey and Turkmenistan do is their business and there is nothing Iran can do about it.

We were talking here about Iran, not Armenia. Russia doesn't give a damn about either. Look at Armenia, they are living off of 3000 dollar per year. The truth is that you make up excuses everytime.. Sanctions and counterdeals? WTF? what kind of excuse is that? Do you think Turkey would abandon Azerbaijan to have counter deals with Iran? Iran doesn't have back-up from Russia when the game starts.

Iran's relations with Russia are warmly, and have even grown since the conflict in Syria. I don't really care about Armenia nor about Azerbaijan. In case of war, or when Azerbaijan wants to act like a big player, I am pretty sure they will be knocked out.

Iran doesn't need anyone, even not Russia.

Backyard does not mean squat in International dealings. As long as that pipeline is not going thru Iranian territory or recognized water boundaries, what Turkey and Turkmenistan do is their business and there is nothing Iran can do about it.

Point is that the water boundaries in the Caspian Sea aren't clear. Oh yes, there is a lot Iran can do. Like dropping a new frigate in the Caspian Sea.

Iran's relations with Russia are warmly, and have even grown since the conflict in Syria. I don't really care about Armenia nor about Azerbaijan. In case of war, or when Azerbaijan wants to act like a big player, I am pretty sure they will be knocked out.

Iran doesn't need anyone, even not Russia.

Point is that the water boundaries in the Caspian Sea aren't clear. Oh yes, there is a lot Iran can do. Like dropping a new frigate in the Caspian Sea.

And what do you think will happen to those Frigates ?

Iran is no match for Turkey.

Iran doesn't need anyone, even not Russia
If Iran puts on feet on Azeribaijani soil. Turkey will be waving Turkish flag in Tebriz one day later. You don't want to start a war with Azerbaijan. You have enough enemies.

It is very clear. Iran can't do anything legal to stop TURAN connection.

caspiandivision.gif

ACtually I like that Iran is so out-spoken about this. Now we know who are enemies are..

I hope we will ever start a war with Azerbaijan. Let me see if you can raise your mickey mouse then.

I sh!t on your Turan. Your country is almost facing a civil war and you are still dreaming?

No need to start waisting my time on Pakistani fanboys.

İn case you don't know the protests are somewhat over.

The pipeline will come in the end. İran as well as Russia has no legal back up to block the pipeline.

İn case you don't know the protests are somewhat over.

The pipeline will come in the end. İran as well as Russia has no legal back up to block the pipeline.

Yes, they have. The borders aren't clear (Iran is still holding on to its 20% share).

Russian diplomat slams EU-backed Caspian pipeline

ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan — A Russian diplomat on Saturday called a planned pipeline linking gas-rich Turkmenistan with Europe via the Caspian Sea a political project of the West that could cause tensions without ensuring Europe's energy security.

"The TransCaspian pipeline will have practically no influence on Europe's energy security," Russian ambassador to Turkmenistan Alexander Blokhin told journalists in a rare briefing in Ashgabat.

The pipeline's 10 billion cubic metre capacity is too little in comparison with Europe's total consumption of gas to have any impact, he said, calling the project "more related to politics than economics."

The submarine TransCaspian pipeline project aims to transport natural gas from Turkmenistan to Azerbaijan via the Caspian Sea, to feed into other pipelines, including Nabucco, a rival of Russia's South Stream project.

Russia previously dismissed the project as meddling by the West in the Caspian region, and harmful to the already damaged environment of the landlocked Caspian Sea.

The five Caspian nations, which also include Russia, Iran and Kazakhstan, need to make such infrastructural decisions together, Blokhin said, warning that "otherwise there will be complete havoc in the Caspian ... and we will get another hotbed of tension."

The European Union launched talks over the pipeline last year as part of its long-term goal to reduce Europe's dependence on Russia for about a quarter of its gas supplies.

The TransCaspian project is also supported by the United States, and State Department official Lynne Tracy said at an Ashgabat conference last month that the pipeline only needs the agreement of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan to proceed, building in their territorial waters.

However Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan also have disagreements, notably over disputed oil and gas fields in the Caspian Sea, whose demarcation has been a subject of debate for years.

Turkmenistan, a secluded ex-Soviet state with vast untapped gas resources, has been keen to diversify its gas export markets away from Russia.

In May, Turkmenistan signed sale-purchase agreements with India and Pakistan for another ambitious TAPI pipeline project to transport gas through neighbouring Afghanistan despite continuing violence and instability there.

AFP: Russian diplomat slams EU-backed Caspian pipeline

Russia is clear; Iran too. Now make a move.

That is one year old.. Old news.. hahaha. Russia and Turkey already settled this.

Iran's opinion is zero factor in this case.

Taht is one year old.. Old news.. hahaha. Russia and Turkey already settled this.

Report is 6 months old. Quite new. Post your article then.

That is one year old.. Old news.. hahaha. Russia and Turkey already settled this.

Iran's opinion is zero factor in this case.

Iran is the second strongest (after Russia) military force in the Caspian Sea. You'll bet Iran's opinion makes people listen over there.

So what do you think Turkey and Turkmenistan will do after Iran drops a frigate there? You think they will raise white flag and cancel the project as soon as they see Iranian 1500 tonnes frigate? Lets stop this fanboyism atatwolf-Surenas and lets start to think logically..This is just business..Iran might oppose this idea as she did before in Baku-Tflis-Ceyhan pipeline..They have that right as Iran wants her share too..Back in the days Russia also opposed BTC pipeline..But once countries conclude a deal(Turkey-Turkmenistan and other parrties), there is actually nothing Iran can do...Envoy only stresses out their opposition...No need to be emotional about it

Atatdonor, I am still waiting on that article about Russia and Turkey (which makes it even more laughable since Turkey is no player in the Caspian Sea) having settled this.

Report is 6 months old. Quite new. Post your article then.

Iran is the second strongest (after Russia) military force in the Caspian Sea. You'll bet Iran's opinion makes people listen over there.
Iran's opinion has no weighing factor. What are you going to do? The pipeline is not going through Iranian waters.

Any aggression from Iran will have its consequences and Iran will pay the full price. Especially since Azerbaijni in Iran will not stay silent in this case. On top of that Israel/US will jump in between to punch a hole in Iran.

Atatdonor, I am still waiting on that article about Russia and Turkey (which makes it even more laughable since Turkey is no player in the Caspian Sea) having settled this.

Azerbaijan means Turkey.. Turkey means Azerbaijan which in return means Turkemistan

So what do you think Turkey and Turkmenistan will do after Iran drops a frigate there? You think they will raise white flag and cancel the project as soon as they see Iranian 1500 tonnes frigate?

Iran's strategy is called gunboat diplomacy; trying to prevent Azerbaijan and Turkemistan (why do you guys keep mentioning Turkey?) from making unilateral agreements without consulting the other states.

This is just business..Iran might oppose this idea as she did before in Baku-Tflis-Ceyhan pipeline..They have that right as Iran wants her share too..Back in the days Russia also opposed BTC pipeline..But once countries conclude a deal(Turkey-Turkmenistan and other parrties), there is actually nothing Iran can do...Envoy only stresses out their opposition...No need to be emotional about it

Oh, just business? I thought for a second that Iran's intention is to prevent mighty Turan. Yes, it is business, and that is why Russia and Iran are trying to prevent a pipeline crossing the Caspian.

Iran's opinion has no weighing factor. What are you going to do? The pipeline is not going through Iranian waters.

Any aggression from Iran will have its consequences and Iran will pay the full price. Especially since Azerbaijni in Iran will not stay silent in this case. On top of that Israel/US will jump in between to punch a hole in Iran.

Israel/US, Turkey and Azerbaijan all ganging up on Iran? That is one hell of an alliance.

Azerbaijan means Turkey.. Turkey means Azerbaijan which in return means Turkemistan

Azerbaijan means encircled by Iran, Armenia and Russia.

Where is that article?

Again what are you going to do? Haha, big guy. Azerbaijani in Iran won't fight for you.

What legal ground do you have to stop this?

Back
Top Bottom