What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Guys, did anyone else in Tehran feel the earthquake?
I myself didnt feel anything in the second floor but the dishes in kitchen started shaking and making noise, When i went out my neighbor said he could feel the ground shaking in upper floor.

Can Iran and Turkey collaborate in Libya? Should Iran stay away from Libya?
I know that Syria and Russia support Hafter but I don’t think Hafter is a good option. Why should Iran be silent on the rise of Hafter?

Quite consideration of collaboration with others in Libya is not a bad idea. It is more or less a stalemate.

Syrian card is used against us by others. We need to be proactive even more.
I remember Hezbolla became happy with sisi coup while Iran decide silence and condemning any coup.
here is same story its depend you are watching world from whom eye, Tehran, Beirut or dameshq, or even as general or politician in Iran.
Iran is better to focus and manage its resources where all sides are agree and think same.

It was a nice feeling. Nothing bad is going to happen. I'm going to sleep well

I remember Hezbolla became happy with sisi coup while Iran decide silence and condemning any coup.
here is same story its depend you are watching world from whom eye, Tehran, Beirut or dameshq, or even as general or politician in Iran.
Iran is better to focus and manage its resources where all sides are agree and think same.

I supported Sisi against Morsi. Here it is different. We may see Syria in Libya on Hafter side.

Guys, did anyone else in Tehran feel the earthquake?
I felt it , one dead , 23 injured , one other probably dead related to it (he had an MI at the time of the Quake)
all of them indirectly due to incident (they caught under foot or fall while coming down the stair)

Yes. And it was near Damavand. Two of the major fault lines in the province of Tehran are Mosha-Fasham and Roudehen fault lines that are close to Damavand. They can cause major earthquakes. I hope this was the main earthquake and it won't be a prelude to a stronger earthquake.
this one was Mosha-Fasham fault

With the current Coronavirus epidemic, sanctions, oil prices, etc Iran doesn't have any motivation to expand it's influence into Syria.

Things are getting interesting in Libya. In a surprise attack the GNA and Turkish forces recently captured the entire northern strip on Libya's west coast, including all the way to Zelten and Zwarah airport, which was an important strategic center for the LNA.

The Turks have poured in tens of millions into the western Tripoli enclave to prevent Haftar from seizing it and crowning himself the undisputed military ruler of Libya. The Turks have sent thousands of Syrian rebels, mostly veterans, into Tripoli. Turkish officers have begun training GNA militants while simultaneously pouring weapons, intelligence, trucks, drones into Libya. The Turks have lost atleast half a dozen drones, each priced at a few million, some $5-$8 million a piece, in a strategy of aerial attrition against the LNA's air assets, which seems to have paid off recently.

The GNA recently launched a massive offensive to take Watiya airbase, an important airbase just south of the Zelten area. The GNA seems to have failed to take the airbase despite launching dozens of airstrikes and deploying hundreds of troops. According to reports the GNA lost 75+ soldiers in a ferocious LNA counter attack.

Now time seems to be running out for the GNA and the tables may be turning yet again.

The EU, in an attempt to blunt further Turkish expansion in the Mediterranean, has finally decided to deploy a large taskforce (IRINI) which is now enforcing the UN weapons embargo on Libya at sea. Turkey will not longer be able to send much weapons into Libya via sea routes and their main air routes seem to be in danger as well since the LNA seem to be relentlessly and successfully targeting and bombing Mitiga airport, the GNA's main airport in Tripoli.

The LNA also recently bombed the Turkish embassy, the GNA/Turkish headquarters in Tripoli, along with the Misrata air college which was being used as a storage facility for a large stockpile of Turkish supplied weapons.

Haftar has support from Egypt and the Persian Gulf states, including the UAE. Therefore the EU will have a much harder time enforcing the UN arms embargo against Haftar's forces.

Meanwhile there are rumors that the UAE via Egypt have sent a large stockpile of missiles, more Chinese drones and several Mirage 2000 jets into Egypt.

According to reports, the UAE are contemplating selling these jets to Haftar. These jets are obviously not the most modern French variant, however they are modern and advanced enough that with experienced pilots they can avoid most air defenses deployed in Libya and and they should be able to outmaneuver and destroy Turkish drones with relative ease.

The EU embargo and these jets are indeed a game changer. The EU embargo by sea is devastating enough, however with Mirage 2000 jets under his command, Haftar should be able to immediately cease all Turkish shipments into Libya. Turkey's only other option in this case will be to deploy its F-16's, which would then be a major escalation.

Can Iran and Turkey collaborate in Libya? Should Iran stay away from Libya?
I know that Syria and Russia support Hafter but I don’t think Hafter is a good option. Why should Iran be silent on the rise of Hafter?

Quite consideration of collaboration with others in Libya is not a bad idea. It is more or less a stalemate.

Syrian card is used against us by others. We need to be proactive even more.

Typical Israel attack on Iranian militia in Syria:

Part 1. Random twitter account claims that local people heard explosion sounds. They heard planes flying by. They could not see the planes because they were very stealth. Local people are really happy.

Part 2. SOHR confirms that 13 militia men were killed and dozen were injured. They were transferred to the local hospital in Abukamal. They were really mad in the hospital and were rushing around. They used all the packed blood cells in the hospital.

Part 3. After one week, we see two satellite images showing two destroyed buildings in twitter accounts.
Comments:
- very accurate hits
- yeah, 13-14 killed
- F35 is awesome. poor AD

Months after: No funeral in Iran. No families claiming anything.

Last edited:
Typical Israel attack on Iranian militia in Syria:

Part 1. Random twitter account claims that local people heard explosion sounds. They heard planes flying by. They could not see the planes because there were very stealth. Local people are really happy.

Part 2. SOHR confirms that 13 militia men were killed and dozen were injured. They were transferred to the local hospital in Abukamal. They were really mad in the hospital and were rushing around. They used all the packed blood cells in the hospital.

Part 3. After one week, we see two satellite images showing two destroyed buildings in twitter accounts.
Comments:
- very accurate hits
- yeah, 13-14 killed
- F35 is awesome. poor AD

Months after: No funeral in Iran. No families claiming anything.

Sounds about right

Let me ask u all, why iranians r so obsessed with turks and their influences ..

In some points i eneded up thinking Iranians wants Turkey to be fvcked up badly more then what they wish for israel and USA. Things could be much complicated in geo politics, others point of view, but thats all my conclusion.

Correct me if im wrong..

In some points i eneded up thinking Iranians wants Turkey to be fvcked up badly more then what they wish for israel and USA. Things could be much complicated in geo politics, others point of view, but thats all my conclusion.

Correct me if im wrong..
It's about regional rivalry. Turks wish exactly the same if not worse for the Iranians. And we don't want them to get f*cked up everywhere. When our interests align, we wish them nothing but the best. And when our interests conflict with each other, we wish them ill. It's the way politics works.

And we aren't obsessed with them. You are apparently obsessed with them that you felt that way. We are more obsessed with Arabs around the Persian Gulf than Israel or Turkey.

Correct me if im wrong..

Absolutely not.
We have more common interests than rivalries. Even our worst situation which is Syria is just rivalry.

Correct me if im wrong..
i don't have a problem with turkey and i am not saying it because you ask i really don't. my problem is the people on this forum. they are like hey do you remember we fucked you several centuries back?? it's hard to connect with those people. also they always cry about how Iran is an enemy while in reality Iran did nothing to them.
on the other hand they come and go around and say Iran is nothing, it's military is nothing. so i just enjoy to burst they bubble and show them that the nothing produces things they can't.
turkey is an extremely nationalistic country and their people do not like almost any other people in the world. also they are very aggressive against their neighbors. look at the Cyprus and Turkish extended economic zone. it is just few kilometres away from Cyprus main land!!! they militarily invaded Syria and Iraq. compare it with Iran behaviors regarding it's neighbors...
so i guess turkey very well established it's character in the region and it's not something favorable by Iranians as individuals. and people rightfully are concerned about the intentions of turkey.

Back
Top Bottom