What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

No 10K. Believe it or not I'm bottom of the barrel, the bottom feeder...
My boss makes 250 lol
Here it's easy. Where I am, there are more jobs than people. I think the unemployment rate is around 3%. That's why the salaries are so ridiculous. My buddy quit our company, started sub contracting and he was making 9500/week. I didn't believe him till he showed me his paper work. Welders here charge 150 an hour!!!! That's for sub contracting though. As regular employees they make close to 50 an hour within 4 years and they can get 65 an hour if they do fitting as well. This is their base. They have fat company paid pensions and benefits too.
Why don't you move to Australia, I have friends there making 140k per year, they quite love the environment and everything about this country.
One of those b@sterds, working there along with his wife both my fellow colleagues, after about 3-4 years of working they came back and bought a house around billion in Tehran as an investment,
Hey @Serpentine, if you are searching for motivations, then search for subclass 576 of visa affairs for Australia,
There is a free 6 month student visa for graduates of engineering academies of Tehran university and Amir kabir university (only, not sharif or any other low class universities), if they could find a job in this 6 month period their visa will be extended for another 2 years and after that they would be given the residency of Australia.
You can search for jobs in Aus from here and appoint even a video conference interview, I have a comprehensive knowledge about this, if you are interested I would be more than happy to be a help. (The University of Tehran Advertising Company:D)

Last edited:
In 1997, the United States purchased 21 Moldovan aircraft under the Nunn–Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction program. Fourteen were MiG-29Ss, which are equipped with an active radar jammer in its spine and are capable of being armed with nuclear weapons. Part of the United States’ motive to purchase these aircraft was to prevent them from being sold to "rogue states", especially Iran.[83] This purchase could also provide the United States Air Force with a working evaluation and data for the MiG-29, and possibly for use in dissimilar air combat training. Such information may prove valuable in any future conflicts and can aid in the design and testing of current and future weapons platforms. In late 1997, the MiGs were delivered to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, though many of the former Moldovan MiG-29s are believed to have been scrapped.

I finally found it , The country was Moldavia .

Why don't you move to Australia, I have friends there making 140k per year, they quite love the environment and everything about this country.
One of those b@sterds, working there along with his wife both my fellow colleagues, after about 3-4 years of working they came back and bought a house around billion in Tehran as an investment,
Hey @Serpentine, if you are searching for motivations, then search for subclass 576 of visa affairs for Australia,
There is a free 6 month student visa for graduates of engineering academies of Tehran university and Amir kabir university (only, not sharif or any other low class universities), if they could find a job in this 6 month period their visa will be extended for another 2 years and after that they would be given the residency of Australia.
You can search for jobs in Aus from here and appoint even a video conference interview, I have a comprehensive knowledge about this, if you are interested I would be more than happy to be a help. (The University of Tehran Advertising Company:D)
You wanted to make jealous huh? :D

I like Australia more than some western countries, it's highly developed with very high living standards. I like it and I have many close relatives, including my aunt there. I'd love to go there if I was to apply for a foreign university.

Not a bad idea tbh. But there are just more jobs here and it's easier to find work all around.

If I was an engineer I would look into it though.

Dangers of Grooming down there, liberal media is getting more and more fucked up :D Lol.
What, you don't groom the nether regions? You've been missing out.

khosh oomadi ashkan .

looking forward to your posts ! everyone here is military enthusiast so u found the right place i suppose .

nice avatar BTdub , sedjil project was kicked off by Jahade khodkafie-e Niruye Havaie to replace the AIM-54A Phoenix

That is correct and apparently the project was headed by Col. Mazandarani. I have the story as well and will post it soon in the IRIAF War Stories. Cheers.

Not a bad idea tbh. But there are just more jobs here and it's easier to find work all around.

If I was an engineer I would look into it though.
Weren't you working as an NDT expert?

Btw, what kinds of NDT methods you use the most? like magnetic or pressure leak test? or ultrasonic? And on which parts? oil pipes?

Weren't you working as an NDT expert?

Btw, what kinds of NDT methods you use the most? like magnetic or pressure leak test? or ultrasonic? And on which parts? oil pipes?

Ultrasonic (shear wave) is starting to give way to Phased Array. Radiography is the most used method still, but phased array is starting to get super popular and take over the market share. MPI and LPI are used too.

Oil pipes here are 100% "x-ray" (people here call radiography "x-ray" even though we almost always use gamma). Every seam/weld that's made has to be checked by either radiography or UT. Oil storage tanks are also 100% x-ray till the 2nd or 3rd level (depending on the size) and percentage for everything above.

There are also more advanced methods that are over my head. For example Acoustic Emission where they stick insanely sensitive microphones around live oil storage tanks in order to "listen to corrosion." The microphones are so sensitive that you can literally listen to the corrosion.

I'm tying to get into visual inspection now. There's more money in it and the job is a thousand times easier. First step for me is to get into quality control (working on it now) and after that I'll have to get my API certs (American Petroleum Institute) in order to become a proper inspector. Lots of engineers here go into NDT in order to get the required experience so they can go write their API certificates.

Anybody know which sat Channel broadcasts IRI Vs RUS volleybal?

Ultrasonic (shear wave) is starting to give way to Phased Array. Radiography is the most used method still, but phased array is starting to get super popular and take over the market share. MPI and LPI are used too.

Oil pipes here are 100% "x-ray" (people here call radiography "x-ray" even though we almost always use gamma). Every seam/weld that's made has to be checked by either radiography or UT. Oil storage tanks are also 100% x-ray till the 2nd or 3rd level (depending on the size) and percentage for everything above.

There are also more advanced methods that are over my head. For example Acoustic Emission where they stick insanely sensitive microphones around live oil storage tanks in order to "listen to corrosion." The microphones are so sensitive that you can literally listen to the corrosion.

I'm tying to get into visual inspection now. There's more money in it and the job is a thousand times easier. First step for me is to get into quality control (working on it now) and after that I'll have to get my API certs (American Petroleum Institute) in order to become a proper inspector. Lots of engineers here go into NDT in order to get the required experience so they can go write their API certificates.
It's first time I'm hearing about phased array being used in NDT methods, that's interesting. How does it work? About radiography, if I'm not mistaken, gamma always works better than x-rays isn't it? I knew about that Acoustic Emission test, it's very awesome, first time I read it, I couldn't believe it's possible to detect sound waves emitted from a corrosion process or a micro crack moving inside the structure.

Visual inspection is much easier, but shouldn't they give less money for it?
So you don't use MT method much right? since it can only detect faults and cracks a few millimeters under the surface and not those deep in the structure.

Back
Top Bottom