What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

who agrees with my avatar?? i'm sure @Kaan and @Serpentine agree :D how about others?

@Sam1980 everybody asking you sth :D so now it's my turn to ask you. i'm curious recently somewhere in this thread you asked a user how to solve jehovah's witnesses disturbance.. and you had sleeping problem with that. i really didn't get that. what did you mean ??:) jehovah witnesses refers to sth from the dark world or that's just a religious group who pray loudly at saturday mornings?? :D or sth else?? i know it's non of my business :D but i can't get it out of my mind sorry.

anybody remember this game?
49168154766355085578.jpg

Sure. Well, Jehovah's witnesses are people who come knocking on your door and want to drag you to Church. :D

cool combination :)

paas bayad havesemoon bashe az amrica kheyli bad nagim dige ? :D

Man adam ehsasi nistam aziz. Vali age az yek chizi to in donya badam biad Russian ha hast.

Interesting man ,

What do you think are the difference of your paternal and maternal relatives ?

I mean how do they treat you ?

I'm not really in contact with any of them.
But they're both cool :D

Last edited:
Sure. Well, Jehovah's witnesses are people who come knocking on your door and want to drag you Church. :D
Act like you are even more fanatic than them.

By the way, do people who work for Jehovah's witnesses get paid? If they get paid, that must be the easiest job in the world. :D

Act like you are even more fanatic than them.

By the way, do people who work for Jehovah's witnesses get paid? If they get paid, that must be the easiest job in the world. :D

LOL. Last time I told the guy that I'm Christian and since then they didn't knock on my door.
I don't know? Probably?

@Azizam Do you Lankans have any familiarity with Sanskrit language. Also, many Buddhist scriptures were written in Pali and Prakrit.

LOL. Last time I told the guy that I'm Christian and since then they didn't knock on my door.
I don't know? Probably?

What religion do you follow.

@Azizam Do you Lankans have any familiarity with Sanskrit language. Also, many Buddhist scriptures were written in Pali and Prakrit.
As far as I know our language evolved from Sanskrit. As I know majority of the words of traditional Sinhalese are either Sanskrit or closely related to Sanskrit.

As far as I know our language evolved from Sanskrit. As I know majority of the words of traditional Sinhalese are either Sanskrit or closely related to Sanskrit.

I know it but do you study it as a separate language. In North India, we mainly take Sanskrit as the third language in school. What about Pali and Prakrit.

I know it but do you study it as a separate language. In North India, we mainly take Sanskrit as the third language in school. What about Pali and Prakrit.
No, we don't study any of the ancient languages. For people who study Buddhism as a degree have to learn Pali. Is it compulsory to learn Sanskrit in school there?

No, we don't study any of the ancient languages. For people who study Buddhism as a degree have to learn Pali. Is it compulsory to learn Sanskrit in school there?

It depends the way it implemented but largely a compulsory subject. I studied in CBSE and Sanskrit was compulsory for 4 years, after that only two languages.

@Sam1980 everybody asking you sth :D so now it's my turn to ask you. i'm curious recently somewhere in this thread you asked a user how to solve jehovah's witnesses disturbance.. and you had sleeping problem with that. i really didn't get that. what did you mean ??:) jehovah witnesses refers to sth from the dark world or that's just a religious group who pray loudly at saturday mornings?? :D or sth else?? i know it's non of my business :D but i can't get it out of my mind sorry.
They're basically a civilized version of our basijis (but just as annoying). They're bible thumpers. They go house to house to try and get people come to church or convert you to Christianity, stand outside malls during Christmas and hand out bibles etc... It's funny, they dress up super nice (wear suits and ties) and are extremely polite to maximize results, but short of punching them in the face, people treat them like they're criminals loool

:raise:

My cousins bought me this game during my vacations in Iran long time ago. I don't even remember if I managed to finish the game lol
i was a third grade elementary student and became no.1 of school when i got my first pc from parents and i bought this game. i remember that was windows 95 era :D i really enjoyed the game that time. it had some magical space i never experienced it again.

Sure. Well, Jehovah's witnesses are people who come knocking on your door and want to drag you Church. :D

oh knockers! tell them your name is ibrahim and you used to be a rebel soldier in syria and if they knock your door again their church may explode soon :D lol

They go house to house to try and get people come to church or convert you to Christianity, stand outside malls during Christmas and hand out bibles etc... It's funny, they dress up super nice (wear suits and ties) and are extremely polite to maximize results, but short of punching them in the face, people treat them like they're criminals loool

interesting .these guys always trying to change others while they can't even change themselves. as hard as they try to make you a disciple of sth , they make you a hater.more they push more we run

Last edited:

I kinda gathered that you do have some Jewish background, though as you said you don't consider yourself a follower of any religion. I've always wondered, what is it like to have some Jewish background and still socialize with Muslims?

My impression is that most Iranians, and Persians in particular, are not that hostile towards Jews. Arabs, however, are just way too much when it comes to Jews. They are very irrational about them mainly because of Israel. The Israel issue made them think that a fight between an ant and a cockroach is a Jewish conspiracy.

I kinda gathered that you do have some Jewish background, though as you said you don't consider yourself a follower of any religion. I've always wondered, what is it like to have some Jewish background and still socialize with Muslims?

I don't discriminate against any religion. As long as you are not trying to shove your beliefs down my throat, I don't have any problem with anybody.

My impression is that most Iranians, and Persians in particular, are not that hostile towards Jews. Arabs, however, are just way too much when it comes to Jews. They are very irrational about them mainly because of Israel. The Israel issue made them think that a fight between an ant and a cockroach is a Jewish conspiracy.

Its because of 3rd world mentality some people have, its not limited to Iranians necessarily. Most of middle-east problem right now is cultural, right people are not getting the jobs, people in power are doing special favors to certain relatives by giving them jobs they know they can't handle and they know there are better candidates available for those jobs, so obviously those with better credentials won't get the jobs and therefore you'll have waste of talents, brain drain, you name it, etc.

I'm not saying such issues are only limited to middle-east, in developed countries you could see them as well (interestingly among middle-easterners also). So you have to understand sociological issues are to be blamed, sociological issues (as mentioned) will lead to inefficiency, corruption and eventually people will try to blame others..

And of course there are times when stupidities (superstitions, etc.) are observed by others, and they'll try to exploit them.

Back
Top Bottom