What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I heard from another source that it's 50%/50% and that they're current in dead heat. We'll have to wait and see.

Aside from the grey zone, Ukraine now controls approx 5%-8% of Bakhmut. The Russians want to liberate the entire city by May 9th, Victory Day in Russia. Source: Ukraine Deep State Map.

1683015095090.png

Last edited:
I've read that 30% of households in Iran live below the poverty line but in terms of the general population it's atleast 60%. Several members of the Iranian government have previously admitted it and that was before the recent devaluation of the Rial from 270,000 to 550,000 against the US Dollar, as well as inflation rising from 30% range to above 50% now.

Also I spoke to someone who came from Iran today. He said the economic situation in Iran is extremely dire & he's never seen it worse than it is now. He's almost 70 years old. Even if we assume that it's only 30% as you claim, that's still atrocious for a country like Iran with the 2nd largest reserves of natural gas & the 4th largest reserves of crude oil on the planet. If properly managed, Iran should be easily flourishing & prospering.

This is incorrect, as repeatedly indicated.

According to the following articles, including one from January this year, the latest available data (relative to the Iranian calendar year 1400) put poverty rate at 30,5%.

https://www.rouydad24.ir/fa/news/327515/

https://fararu.com/fa/news/597486/

Please avoid uncorroborated figures.

Last edited:
Sudan now interested in buying Iranian drones ? Hmmm... a little too late, but better late than never. What is the point of this civil war ? These people are literally annihilating their own country over which military junta controls everything.

Makes me think of that famous quote

“An evil enemy will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes” - Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

I don't really understand though. The coup attempt by the Rapid Reaction Forces (opposition militia) has largely failed, so why don't they cease fighting & broker a peace agreement that can be mutually beneficial ? The situation is partially similar to Libya. Factionalism where neither side are willing to work with the other & each side wants complete control over everything.

The fact that the Sudanese government (ruling military junta) decided to allow Russia to build a naval base in the country likely played a role in this. The American evacuation efforts might make you think otherwise, but honestly we're talking about Biden here. The guy shakes hands with ghosts. He likely gave the go ahead to fund the Rapid Reaction Forces and encourage a coup and then forgot all about it.

Last edited:
Just a bit of info on Sudan:

Our famous victoria Nuland from US state Department visited Sudan a month or so before the regime change started in Sudan..

Who is Victoria Nuland..The bi*ch that organized Ukraine color revolution!! (regime change) in 2014.

If you see this Bi*tch in your country...buy a plane ticket and get out!..:azn::azn::azn:
220px-Victoria_Nuland_2021.jpg

I've read that 30% of households in Iran live below the poverty line but in terms of the general population it's atleast 60%.

No, 30% is the poverty rate. I shared two sources documenting it, you might want to read those too.

Several members of the Iranian government have previously admitted it and that was before the recent devaluation of the Rial from 270,000 to 550,000 against the US Dollar, as well as inflation rising from 30% range to above 50% now.

Source? Also official data are more trustworthy than competing claims by individual politicians, who by definition are involved knee deep in party politics hence a potentially greater propensity to opt for political brownie points over factual accuracy.

Also I spoke to someone who came from Iran today. He said the economic situation in Iran is extremely dire & he's never seen it worse than it is now. He's almost 70 years old. Even if we assume that it's only 30% as you claim,

Correction: not as I claim, but as concrete data show.

Individual traveler anecdotes do not measure up to data supplied by offices which have means at their disposal to conduct nationwide empirical studies.

that's still atrocious for a country like Iran with the 2nd largest reserves of natural gas & the 4th largest reserves of crude oil on the planet. If properly managed, Iran should be easily flourishing & prospering.

Doesn't have much to do with oil and gas reserves. As a matter of fact economists have shown these to be impediments, not opportunities for development (see Dutch Disease model).

In Iran social inequalities stem from policies implemented or influenced by liberal economists, who incidentally happen to advocate normalization of ties with the regime in Washington.

Bottom line is, let's stick to hard data instead of unsubstantiated allegations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom