What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

whats the price of a home made of granite in iran ,and you see its free or not
in Tehran you can get this apartment which is more expensive than such apartment in New York
iu

you also can get these

an-iranian-family-camp-on-the-roof-of-their-apartment-during-the-day-picture-id1232070758

now its up to you to decide in which one average people live

by the way if we want to build our house with wood , like what American or many European do do then the price would be thrice what it is now
the price and availability of different materials around the word is not the same in different places

it show better how our houses are built
carpets-and-winter-blankets-hang-on-a-buildings-roof-and-side-to-dry-picture-id1239188525

Cheap propaganda by you...those homes are 30+ years old in many cases. That’s like pointing to New York City and saying these are how most homes in USA are....knowing damn well that New York many homes are 100 years old.

No modern apartment in average middle class of a decent city is being built like that anymore. Of course Iranian cities are going thru a modernization effort where they knock down old buildings and resurrect more modern ones. That requires a capital investor to do. In a thriving economy it would be taking place much more rapidly like it was from 2005-2012

At current prices it's more like $40 billion, but anyways why are you pretending like that Iran's only income ?

Also the current budget calls for approx 1 millions barrels per day at something like $70 a barrel. Current prices are $112 a barrel. Iran sold all of its surplus which was sitting in tankers at high prices.

Again I'm not against getting rid of subsidies but why didn't they do it gradually starting 6 months ago or 1 year ago ? That's all I'm advocating.

Also why are you trying to be all condescending ?

Even if it was 40B, which it is not because Iranian oil is sold at a discount due to sanctions risk/toxicity the buyer has to absorb. I just quoted you a valid source saying subsidies program costs 100B+

So why would you spend so much of your net income on subsidies? You act like that’s the only expense Iran has. Not building roads. Not paying for military. Not anything else.

And I don’t think you understand even after removal of gasoline subsidies for which there was much worse riots. Iranians still pay some of the lowest gasoline prices in the world. So it is in fact still subsidized...just not heavily.

I have said before the timing could be better, but I believe it’s better to rip the bandaid off. I don’t even know if a gradual lift of subsidies is possible. It will just lead to perpetual riots.

Biggest problem of subsidises is that they are detoured inside (rich people within the country) and outside (smuggling).
Problems is how to reach from point A to point B.
When Iraqis and Pakistanis are smuggling your subsidies, you know you are too cheap.

Are these people trying to tell me the average Iranian has it worse than an Iraqi? A Pakistani? Yes.
Pakistanis may have lower incomes but their system is better(for people/ in short term) than Iran .

Ease of doing business index :

23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran
vs

Gini coefficient
gini pak.jpg

Sanctions forces you to reinvent the wheel in some cases so you may learn new things in this process or waste a lot or a combination of these two.

Iraq doesn't need reinventing wheel process.

Last edited:
Let me give the Communists in here an example of Iranian governments goodwill:

Pardis was a suburb of Tehran started under Ahmadinejad for low income families. An area people made fun of and brushed it off. With as low as 40,000 toman via a payment program a family could own a vital asset. Today Pardis is worth over 1,000,000 toman. Imagine the difference it made for those families. Today Pardis is one of the desirable suburbs/townships outside of Tehran.

Chitgar a now influential suburb was an IRGC backed project that sold to IRGC families (or had connections to IRGC) was also very cheap compared to market prices and markets prices now reach 2,000,000 toman and is one of the most desirable places of Tehran.

Now ask yourself, what government in the world does that for its citizens? Does USA? Does EU? Does Turkey? Does South Korea?

Cheap propaganda by you...those homes are 30+ years old in many cases. That’s like pointing to New York City and saying these are how most homes in USA are....knowing damn well that New York many homes are 100 years old.

No modern apartment in average middle class of a decent city is being built like that anymore. Of course Iranian cities are going thru a modernization effort where they knock down old buildings and resurrect more modern ones. That requires a capital investor to do. In a thriving economy it would be taking place much more rapidly like it was from 2005-2012
tomorrow i take a pictures from the home next to mine which was built 4 years ago and post it here . you see its not what you think by the way I live in Shahrak-e-gharb

by the way mass produced home in tehran-parand
iu

by the way what you call َalabaster and granite stone is more likely travertine, brick or good old cement and a little imagination
Facade-of-washed-cement.jpg

View-of-hail-cement.jpg

Weather-in-cement-facade-design.jpg

I'm sorry but Pakistan has a literacy rate of 62%. Approx 60 million people can't read or write at all.

On the human development index Iran is number 70 out of 189. Pakistan is number 154 out of 189.

Problems is how to reach from point A to point B.

Pakistanis may have lower incomes but their system is better(for people/ in short term) than Iran .

Ease of doing business index :

23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran
vs

Gini coefficient
View attachment 844994

Sanctions forces you to reinvent the wheel in some cases so you may learn new things in this process or waste a lot or a combination of these two.

Pardis was a suburb of Tehran started under Ahmadinejad for low income families. An area people made fun of and brushed it off. With as low as 40,000 toman via a payment program a family could own a vital asset. Today Pardis is worth over 1,000,000 toman. Imagine the difference it made for those families. Today Pardis is one of the desirable suburbs/townships outside of Tehran.

Chitgar a now influential suburb was an IRGC backed project that sold to IRGC families (or had connections to IRGC) was also very cheap compared to market prices and markets prices now reach 2,000,000 toman and is one of the most desirable places of Tehran.

Now ask yourself, what government in the world does that for its citizens? Does USA? Does EU? Does Turkey? Does South Korea?
Algeria at big scale, Tunisia much less

they gave free land in middle of nowhere to companies to build at low price , the price of the land right now is not an image of what it worth at that time.
and its how they built them
41438256_303.jpg

41438208_303.jpg

they didn't even bother to prepare the foundation in many cases
41438240_303.jpg

I'm sorry but Pakistan has a literacy rate of 62%. Approx 60 million people can't read or write at all.

On the human development index Iran is number 70 out of 189. Pakistan is number 154 out of 189.
Pick one guy at bottom of Pakistan economy and compare him/her with a medium guy in Pakistan then do the same for a guy in Iran.

So a guy at bottom has easier path in their society to become a medium guy.

tomorrow i take a pictures from the home next to mine which was built 4 years ago and post it here . you see its not what you think by the way I live in Shahrak-e-gharb

by the way mass produced home in tehran-parand
iu

by the way what you call َalabaster and granite stone is more likely travertine, brick or good old cement and a little imagination
Facade-of-washed-cement.jpg

View-of-hail-cement.jpg

Weather-in-cement-facade-design.jpg

Come on Hack, stop playing with words. Now you taking pictures of giant towers and saying this is how they are built now. I know people who bought in Ajudanieh for 5K back in 2000s and now they are worth many magnitudes times more.

You do realize I have family members and friends who literally did construction renovation in Iran? Other cases of people who owned multiple units in an apartment complex and got a renovation done for free basically because investor was going to sell the other units at a much higher price.

If you are building a 4 story apartment complex, you are not building it like 1970’s Shah Iran. Like the pictures you sent.

I mean come on. Not even in south Tehran (poorest neighborhoods) is it like that anymore. Yes old buildings still exist no doubt about it, but that’s a by product of an very old mega-metropolitan city. Happens in Tokyo, Paris, and NYC, etc.

Even small 4 story apartment complexes are using stone these days for things as simple as resident parking
1652827553278.jpeg

Come on Hack, stop playing with words. Now you taking pictures of giant towers and saying this is how they are built now. I know people who bought in Ajudanieh for 5K back in 2000s and now they are worth many magnitudes times more.

You do realize I have family members and friends who literally did construction renovation in Iran? Other cases of people who owned multiple units in an apartment complex and got a renovation done for free basically because investor was going to sell the other units at a much higher price.

If you are building a 4 story apartment complex, you are not building it like 1970’s Shah Iran. Like the pictures you sent.

I mean come on. Not even in south Tehran (poorest neighborhoods) is it like that anymore. Yes old buildings still exist no doubt about it, but that’s a by product of an very old mega-metropolitan city. Happens in Tokyo, Paris, and NYC, etc.

Even small 4 story apartment complexes are using stone these days for things as simple as resident parking
View attachment 844998
and you think those are granite and Alabaster ? a question can you distinguish cheap travertine from alabaster ?
could you tell which is ceramic and which is stone
iu

iu

Last edited:
they gave free land in middle of nowhere to companies to build at low price , the price of the land right now is not an image of what it worth at that time.
41438256_303.jpg

41438208_303.jpg

41438240_303.jpg

Isolated cases. Happens in America too.

And yes if you are poor you will have to live further out if you want to own a new construction. Did you expect government to give them Velenjak to live in?

Also anyone with a brain would have known that Tehran is a massively expanding city and thus buying out in suburbs will lead to high profits in future. Imagine buying Karaj in 2000’s. You could be a multi-millionaire today. Karaj was dirt township with some buildings back in late 90’s early 2000’s. Now it’s a city of 1.5M+

There is opportunity is my point. Opportunity that you do not get in a capitalistic society like Europe or America.

I know people who were not doing well financially with a simple government job and renting. They were able to pull themselves up greatly in last 10 years. If you have the will to make a few moves, you can do well.

and you think those are granite and Alabaster ?

I was giving example of stone use in a mundane part of a building. This isn’t a millionaires house, this is typical construction happening across the country. Stone of all types is much cheaper in Iran. Iran also produces a lot of concrete and steel at below international prices. It has been accused of price dumping in the past.

Shady construction practices are common all over the world. Less common in the west, but they still happen. In China the situation is really beyond belief. Watch these videos and you'll understand why Xe JinPing's anti corruption drive was so popular in China.

41438256_303.jpg

41438208_303.jpg

41438240_303.jpg

I was giving example of stone use in a mundane part of a building. This isn’t a millionaires house, this is typical construction happening across the country. Stone of all types is much cheaper in Iran. Iran also produces a lot of concrete and steel at below international prices. It has been accused of price dumping in the past.
you don't get it , price of material is not the same all over the world. what if we use wood ? will you be happy. tell me what material they use in Europe ?

Isolated cases. Happens in America too.
not isolated i can post hundreds of such thing.

Back
Top Bottom