What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Not paid too much attention to, but important and oh-so telling...

BBC admits Syria chemical attack documentary had ‘serious flaws’

Read more:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bbc-...-attack-documentary-had-serious-flaws.723261/

@sha ah

It was always a fraud. Mustard and Sarin kill in the thousands.

As for Assad’s use of chlorine, I don’t see a problem with it. Israel and US use white phosphorus bombs (which superheat the air and cause your skin to catch on fire) as well as cluster munitions. Both are banned by UN for war use as they considered inhumane. Yet both countries still use it.

So again white man can do bad things, but brown man cannot. What’s new.

As for Assad’s use of chlorine, I don’t see a problem with it.

Even that isn't proven. Many hints pointing to use of chlorine by "I"SIS and so-called "moderate" terrorists though (who behead children and eat human organs).

- - - - -

Esmail Gha'ani, Amir Ali Hajizadeh and other top IRGC officials were many times rebuffed by the leader even when presented with a solid, credible retaliation that would put the Zionist regime back into the box.

Is there a credible source for IRGC officials being repeatedly rebuffed by the Leader?

Also, on a general note: this latest article citing anonymous western officials must not necessarily be 100% truthful. Western news agencies lie through their teeth and freely invent things whenever it suits them.

Last edited:
Also, on a general note: this latest article citing anonymous western officials must not necessarily be 100% truthful. Western news agencies lie through their teeth and freely invent things whenever it suits them.

NY times article seems credible. If anything it paints IranIan intelligence in a very positive light.

It notes that in 2009 Mossad had to call off Fakhrizadeh assiaination at the last second because they believed Iran had laid an ambush at the attack side.

Also notes that an Iranian agent working for Mossad was captured after assassination of another nuclear scientist way back in the day. And he confessed and was executed.

Overall, blames Fakhrizadeh for his own death. Which was my initial assessment as well when I saw pictures of old unarmored Nissan sedan being the vehicle he died in. Would be awfully strange for Iranian intelligence to allow him to drive in that meanwhile I have seen VIPs drive thru Tehran driving in uparmoured fully tinted special Mercedes with police lights.

Tho I do place some blame on security forces for not forcing him to abide by the security protocols. At the end of the day, his replacement will heed the warnings much better. The man survived 15+ years on Mossad hit list. I heard about him back in 2003. (No picture was available at that time of him, and the one I saw was when he was pretty young mid 30s maybe early 40’s at most).

He wanted to live his life and I can understand that. Tho I believe his duty to his country would have been much more important and require sacrifices that he didn’t (or no longer) wanted to make. Or maybe he wasn’t that valuable anymore and was allowed to make his own decisions. Who knows.

Most important note from the article is Jamali Fash was indeed involved in espionage and terror, and not innocent.

I am not sure why we should believe every word of the article.
Even that isn't proven. Many hints pointing to use of chlorine by "I"SIS and so-called "moderate" terrorists though (who behead children and eat human organs).

- - - - -

Is there a credible source for IRGC officials being repeatedly rebuffed by the Leader?

We have one source that IRGC generals pushed for a harsher avenge against the leader order and also frequently have requested revealing more of their SLV/missile power. Uzi Rubin

Ardeshir%2B3.jpg

Ardeshir Hosseinpour teaching schrodinger equations.

5A01C892-7E54-4FFD-B819-6BBB25BF7191.jpeg

Ardeshir again.
Teenagers and nuclear engineering.

We were in cradles when they thought of deterrence, so we can be secure now.

Freedom does not come free.
Kudos to Ardeshir.

Last edited:
We have one source that IRGC generals pushed for a harsher avenge against the leader order and also frequently have requested revealing more of their SLV/missile power. Uzi Rubin

Which IRGC generals? They aren’t homogeneous. Some are more aggressive...some are more conservative.

When the Syria war happened some Generals wanted to negotiate with the West and opposed the Iranian intervention where they say the increasingly long shot of reversing the losses Assad had endured (at the time Assad was on his last legs).

Pretty sure Hajizadeh said in a recent interview he picked the target himself and was prepared to escalate beyond that if the US retaliated. Which tells me the response file was in the hands of Hajizadeh and his missile force with direct approval of SL.

Which IRGC generals? They aren’t homogeneous. Some are more aggressive...some are more conservative.

When the Syria war happened some Generals wanted to negotiate with the West and opposed the Iranian intervention where they say the increasingly long shot of reversing the losses Assad had endured (at the time Assad was on his last legs).

Pretty sure Hajizadeh said in a recent interview he picked the target himself and was prepared to escalate beyond that if the US retaliated. Which tells me the response file was in the hands of Hajizadeh and his missile force with direct approval of SL.

Uzi Rubin did not specify but I felt like it included Hajizadeh. He might have been wrong.

He said Nour satellite and US base missile attack were not allowed by the leader but they forced it through. It could have been his feeling only and not intelligence. Tactical differences in Iran versus pure feelings of Uzi Rubin.

Last edited:
Uzi Rubin did not specify but I felt like it included Hajizadeh. He might have been wrong.

He said Nour satellite and US base missile attack were
not allowed by the leader but they forces it through. It could have been his feeling only and not intelligence.

He attempt to veto the Nour satellite but green-light the Amarco attack? Makes zero sense.

It is no secret that Khamenai is opposed to direct conflict. He avoids indeterminable outcomes that could potentially taint his legacy...direct conflict is one of them of those indeterminable outcomes. Even the nuclear deal he hedged his bets and accepted with reluctance as most factions backed the negotiations and the deal.

We should be happy he agreed to Syrian intervention. Allowed Iranian military to get plenty of operational experience in the past decade. Simply invaluable.

He attempt to veto the Nour satellite but green-light the Amarco attack? Makes zero sense.

It is no secret that Khamenai is opposed to direct conflict. He avoids indeterminable outcomes that could potentially taint his legacy...direct conflict is one of them of those indeterminable outcomes. Even the nuclear deal he hedged his bets and accepted with reluctance as most factions backed the negotiations and the deal.

We should be happy he agreed to Syrian intervention. Allowed Iranian military to get plenty of operational experience in the past decade. Simply invaluable.
Not relevant to your comment, but it's crazy how the NYT are literally telling us that their wasn't a sufficient response to Soleimani and that they are emboldened. Some of us predicted that this would happen, but regardless it leaves no choice for Iran that any such activity must be dealt with as a "last straw".

I suppose one can argue that current enrichment levels with 2 cascades of advanced centrifuges at 60% is the response, and although it doesn't look as spectacular like a kinetic response, it may worry them more than a kinetic retaliation.

PS: Israel must be destroyed.

Last edited:
Not relevant to your comment, but it's crazy how the NYT are literally telling us that their wasn't a sufficient response to Soleimani and that they are emboldened. Some of us predicted that this would happen, but regardless it leaves no choice for Iran that any such activity must be dealt with as a "last straw".

I suppose one can argue that current enrichment levels with 2 cascades of advanced centrifuges at 60% is the response, and although it doesn't look as spectacular like a kinetic response, it may worry them more than a kinetic retaliation.

PS: Israel must be destroyed.

The US/Israel found out long ago that Iran doesn’t value human life and embraces martyrdom. This is in complete contradiction to Western viewpoint of human life (Redlines where if a single soldier dies constitute a quick response).

Outside of assassinating the SL, everyone including the once untouchable Solemani is fair game and won’t lead to war.

That is the rules Iran has set forth. And it is the rules the west is playing by. Too late for Iran to change the red lines at this point.

Interesting. North Korea shows off railway based missile system. South Korea responds by launching a missile from a submarine. The video says that Seoul's submarine launched missile system is the first to be developed by a non nuclear state.

Kim Jong Un has lost quite a bit of weight. They're calling him slim Kim. LOL

Yet another alliance against China and France gets thrown in the trash. Biden couldn't even remember the Australian prime ministers name. He referred to him as "that fella down under".

The French are extremely bitter about this since their Diesel submarine deal with Australia was supposed to be worth approx $90 billion with technology transfers. Now the Australians have opted instead for nuclear powered submarines from the US/UK. Australia will be the first non nuclear nation to operate nuclear powered submarines. Realistically these submarines will not be operational since atleast the 2030's since the French subs were going to take atleast that long to procure. What is more significant than the subs are access to expanded Australian naval bases for the US/UK.

Interesting. North Korea shows off railway based missile system. South Korea responds by launching a missile from a submarine. The video says that Seoul's submarine launched missile system is the first to be developed by a non nuclear state.

Yet another alliance against China and France gets thrown in the trash. Biden couldn't even remember the Australian prime ministers name. He referred to him as "that fella down under".

The French are extremely bitter about this since their Diesel submarine deal with Australia was supposed to be worth approx $90 billion with technology transfers. Now the Australians have opted instead for nuclear powered submarines from the US/UK. Australia will be the first non nuclear nation to operate nuclear powered submarines. Realistically these submarines will not be operational since atleast the 2030's since the French subs were going to take atleast that long to procure. What is more significant than the subs are access to expanded Australian naval bases for the US/UK.

I gotta say,biden really isnt looking like the most competent of politicians at the moment.

On an unrelated note,I really hope that iran is giving very serious consideration to developing its own rail mobile systems.

Last edited:

South Korean military developments have come out very fast.
The US/Israel found out long ago that Iran doesn’t value human life and embraces martyrdom. This is in complete contradiction to Western viewpoint of human life (Redlines where if a single soldier dies constitute a quick response).

Outside of assassinating the SL, everyone including the once untouchable Solemani is fair game and won’t lead to war.

That is the rules Iran has set forth. And it is the rules the west is playing by. Too late for Iran to change the red lines at this point.
I don't think it's too late to change the red lines. You can always change the redlines. Maybe Mercer street, could be a signal that Iran has changed the engagement rules as a signal?

Tolerance levels is set by the SL, and it would have to be noted by the rest of the countries that the modus operandi of Iran has changed. I don't quite see any indication that it has changed, although if their is another issue like Fakhirzadeh I am not too sure on the response...

After Fakhrizadeh we've accelerated the nuke program to new heights it had never reached before, perhaps they are very careful now not to antagonize Iran who is collecting more and more fissile material.

Last edited:

Important and good thing to see. @SalarHaqq

We gave this plutonium pathway up, the fastest and cheapest way to produce a bomb, and received nothing, now the mistake has to be fixed which will be costing money, manpower and time. Regardless, this new guy is making important decisions.

While they won't overtly say it's for military use, it can be reconfigured to function as such.

Last edited:
While they won't overtly say it's for military use, it can be reconfigured to function as such.

Too costly to reconfigure it at this point. He is saying he wants to get it up and running as the research reactor it was ment to be after signing the deal. The West hasn’t been helping as much as they should per JCPOA. It’s been 6 years and it isn’t online yet...you could build a nuclear reactor from scratch in that same time frame. Simply absurd.

Back
Top Bottom