What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Whether it is improving or not is another issue, the point was the existence of such an underlying divisive situation to begin with. I am not surprised, because if you just try to unite people on paper using their shared language and little else, then obviously the true nature will still play out in practise. You said Arabs do not care about borders and appeared to insinuate this current situation is due to outside agenda in creating divide and conquer. However like I explained, this is a misguided view of the situation. The Arabs identity is simply not real and cohesive enough for your view of it to ever come to reality.

As for Iran, yes there are issues but Iranians not only share a culture and history, but blood as well. Iran is in no shape or form comparable to these Arab countries.

Quite unfortunate that some Iranians want to cling on to such petty divisions though, only just to say I'm X or Y type of Iranian even though by blood/culture/mannerisms we are all so close.

Persian, Lor, Azeri/Azari (idk), Kurd, Tajik etc...All are the same in my eyes, just superficial differences often exaggerated by outside influencers seeking to sow division amongst Iranians the world over for blatantly nefarious reasons. We need to be proud of our Iranian heritage first and foremost, drawing upon the wisdom of our ancestors to help guide us.

Last edited:
Whether it is improving or not is another issue, the point was the existence of such an underlying divisive situation to begin with. I am not surprised, because if you just try to unite people on paper using their shared language and little else, then obviously the true nature will still play out in practise. You said Arabs do not care about borders and appeared to insinuate this current situation is due to outside agenda in creating divide and conquer. However like I explained, this is a misguided view of the situation. The Arabs identity is simply not real and cohesive enough for your view of it to ever come to reality.

As for Iran, yes there are issues but Iranians not only share a culture and history, but blood as well. Iran is in no shape or form comparable to these Arab countries.

The division within the Arab world was never based on tribal differences, being from a different tribe or even being of a different religious group. It was purely political and developed over time. This is why when you look at the Arab world of the 60's and 70's you see two main blocs. The monarchies and the republics, the latter of whom assumed a pan-Arab ideology and interfered in other Arab states far more than the monarchies did.

What makes you think that each Arab state is compromised of a completely different type of people with different blood. Many people in Southern Iraq are closely related to people in Saudi-Arabia. People in the South of Saudi-Arabia are closely related to Yemenis. The Lebanese, Syrians or Palestinians share few differences when it comes to ethnic background. They have little to no tribal background, their differences are all political and political differences only develop when you allow it to happen by sharing power / creating multiple entities. The Emirates of Dubai and Abu Dhabi may have differences, which are political once again.

What makes you think that each Arab state is compromised of a completely different type of people with different blood. Many people in Southern Iraq are closely related to people in Saudi-Arabia. People in the South of Saudi-Arabia are closely related to Yemenis. The Lebanese, Syrians or Palestinians share few differences when it comes to ethnic background. They have little to no tribal background, their differences are all political and political differences only develop when you allow it to happen by sharing power / creating multiple entities. The Emirates of Dubai and Abu Dhabi may have differences, which are political once again.

I am referring to the whole picture, not sporadic exceptions. Anyway, I don't expect you to shift your perspective, as that is not something that is easily done, especially not in matters that involve identity. I will let time play out the ideas I have put to you.

Quite unfortunate that some Iranians want to cling on to such petty divisions though, only just to say I'm X or Y type of Iranian even though by blood/culture/mannerisms we are all so close.

Persian, Lor, Azeri, Kurd, Tajik etc...All are the same in my eyes, just superficial differences often exaggerated by outside influencers seeking to sow division amongst Iranians the world over for blatantly nefarious reasons. We need to be proud of our Iranian heritage first and foremost, drawing upon the wisdom of our ancestors to help guide us.

Well of course the vast majority of Iranians do conform to what you've mentioned. Those rare exceptions are highlighted and magnified by the propaganda machines for their anti Iran agenda.

Persian, Lor, Azeri, Kurd, Tajik etc...All are the same in my eyes, just superficial differences often exaggerated by outside influencers seeking to sow division amongst Iranians the world over for blatantly nefarious reasons. We need to be proud of our Iranian heritage first and foremost, drawing upon the wisdom of our ancestors to help guide us.
you should live for a month as an azari.

There are various sources stating that Iran is selling weapons to the LNA via UAE. It makes sense since Iran is close to the UAE and could match or outbid China, Russia in regards to weapon technology, especially missile or rocket technology, drones, bullets, etc. It's also convenient for Iran since they don't have to deal with transportation. Simply transport the weapons to the UAE, or they even pick it up themselves and voila, easy profit.

No we don't knew that . we knew iran gave those weapon to Syria and Sudan . we don't knew anything more.

There are various sources stating that Iran is selling weapons to the LNA via UAE. It makes sense since Iran is close to the UAE and could match or outbid China, Russia in regards to weapon technology, especially missile or rocket technology, drones, bullets, etc. It's also convenient for Iran since they don't have to deal with transportation. Simply transport the weapons to the UAE, or they even pick it up themselves and voila, easy profit.

I don’t mind that being active in Libya personally but what are the various sources of any military sale to UAE?
There is no real proof of Syrian presence in Libya either. please update me if there is any.

There can't possibly be a united Arab nation or even federal system as long as you have these western backed monarchies and at the same time authoritarian regimes in place. You have all these Arab countries constantly in conflict with each other, constantly trying to undermine each other. The reason the EU works is because they all have democracies more or less and similar values. The Arabs have various forms of government, some artificially created and backed by the west for precisely this reason, to prevent Arab unity. The Arabs have a long way to go before they can ever have open borders or anything like the EU. The closest thing has been the (Persian) Gulf Cooperation Council but that's a joke.

Arabs do not care much about the borders between other Arab states. The Arab revolt was never about Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia or the UAE. It was about the Arab revolt. The aim and expectation was a united Arab state, this is why pan-Arabism as an ideology grew strongly after the formation of all these states.

Jordan might just as well be part of Syria, or Iraq (which it was for 1 year) or Saudi Arabia. Iraq's borders with Syria make no sense as the people in Deir al Zour speak the Iraqi dialect and are the same people as the people in Anbar. The borders between Saudi Arabia and Iraq are artificial, they are drawn and agreed upon. That makes the border artificial, not the nation which remains Arab.

Arab regions all have their differences in dialect, people's looks and sub cultures, that doesn't take away the general culture and linguistic traits that bind them together as Arab peoples.

There never was a reason for 22 Arab states other than to ensure division, small countries that do not grow too powerful and it makes it easier to intervene. People here like to call the countries fake, as if we belong to non-Arab neighbors whilst we are Arabs.

An example is the Saudi-Iraq neutral zone dispute. Disputes between all these states were mainly about political ideologies, the people do not differ that much from one another from right across the border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian–Iraqi_neutral_zone

Saudi_Arabian%E2%80%93Iraqi_Neutral_Zone_1990.jpg

When people dispute the 'realness' of these countries, they always tend to suggest for division based on sectarian or ethnic lines which would not make the nation any more 'real'. They never suggest for unification based on the Arab identity as that is a very negative development for neighboring countries.

Arabs do not care much about the borders between other Arab states. The Arab revolt was never about Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia or the UAE. It was about the Arab revolt. The aim and expectation was a united Arab state, this is why pan-Arabism as an ideology grew strongly after the formation of all these states.

Jordan might just as well be part of Syria, or Iraq (which it was for 1 year) or Saudi Arabia. Iraq's borders with Syria make no sense as the people in Deir al Zour speak the Iraqi dialect and are the same people as the people in Anbar. The borders between Saudi Arabia and Iraq are artificial, they are drawn and agreed upon. That makes the border artificial, not the nation which remains Arab.

Arab regions all have their differences in dialect, people's looks and sub cultures, that doesn't take away the general culture and linguistic traits that bind them together as Arab peoples.

There never was a reason for 22 Arab states other than to ensure division, small countries that do not grow too powerful and it makes it easier to intervene. People here like to call the countries fake, as if we belong to non-Arab neighbors whilst we are Arabs.

An example is the Saudi-Iraq neutral zone dispute. Disputes between all these states were mainly about political ideologies, the people do not differ that much from one another from right across the border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian–Iraqi_neutral_zone

Saudi_Arabian%E2%80%93Iraqi_Neutral_Zone_1990.jpg

When people dispute the 'realness' of these countries, they always tend to suggest for division based on sectarian or ethnic lines which would not make the nation any more 'real'. They never suggest for unification based on the Arab identity as that is a very negative development for neighboring countries.

A fine post.

My point was precisely that these artificial divisions should be wiped out and those 'nations' re-united.

Unfortunately, I find myself in typical fashion agreeing with two exactly opposed points of view. I find that I agree with @Philosopher on the one hand, and with @camelguy on the other.

On the one hand, there are still deeply divisive characteristics of different groups of Arab-speaking people. @Philosopher is right in contending that as it is, it is difficult and unreasonable to contemplate a united Arab state; it has also been argued in another post that one of the reasons for lack of unifying impulse among Arab-speaking people is the differences in administrative and legal systems among different Arab 'countries', that if they were, like the EU, all of the same type (the reference is to representative democracy; the same type of tribal monarchy would not succeed), it would be easier to combine.

On the other hand, I deeply sympathise, coming from the country that I do, with the point of view of @camelguy that using these differences to suggest that separate nations should exist is the work of those who wish to divide and keep divided the Arab-speaking people. In my country, even within a linguistic bloc, there are differences in the spoken language that forms the bloc, and in food types, in dress and clothing, in religious festivals followed (even within the same majority Hindu religion) and in almost every possible cultural index. For instance, in Karnataka, that was formed to unite all Kannada (in English, Canarese) speakers, there is a deep gulf between the Kannada spoken in the old Mysore state, and the Kannada spoken by those regions united with Mysore but earlier administered under Bombay. The food changes almost every hundred kilometres. And this is the situation in one of the most cohesive language blocs. The same is true of many others, and sometimes across national borders. My own language Bengali shares roots in the ancient Magadhi Prakrit, a descendant of the language of the Vedas, with Nepali, spoken in Nepal, Maithil, spoken in one northern section of the state of Bihar, Assamese, spoken in Assam, and Odiya, spoken in the state of Odisha. Even within Bengali, from the south-east of the state of West Bengal, proceeding in a straight line across Bangladesh to the Cachar region of the state of Assam, the language itself changes, from 'standard' Bengali spoken in West Bengal (this definition as 'standard' is bitterly opposed by Bangladeshis), to the language of the central Bangladeshi section, the Dhaka dialect, to the Sylheti of the north-east corner of Bangladesh on to the neighboring Assamese language.

I envy Iran for the firm unity that the Iranian language and its variations bring, although it was not possible to check my amusement at the rebellious murmur of the post that invited Iranians to live for even one day as Azeris. Even in that case, Tajikistan is separate, after all, and it is widely understood and agreed that Tajik is a bona fide branch of Iranian. As is Azeri, for that matter.

I hope that Arab-speaking groups will find their way forward to unification, in an Arab state with very many equally-empowered provinces, somewhat in the fashion of India herself, and I hope that the natural ties among Iranian-speakers improve and deepen with the years.

Last edited:
Iran is not "active" in LIbya, merely selling weapons to the UAE.

The following is an article that is somehwhat confusing

https://www.addresslibya.co/en/archives/45467

According to that article Iran is sending weapons to the GNA from Syrian ports rather than the LNA. It's confusing because looking at the

1) Russia + Syria are both allied with Iran (atleast when it comes to Syria) and both of them are siding with Haftar. Therefore wouldn't it make sense for Iran to help the LNA ? Maybe it's because Haftar has CIA links ?

2) It would make sense for Iran to want to blunt Turkish power and influence in the region, not enhance it

3) Starting in March I believe, the EU began to actually enforcing a UN arms embargo on Libya with most of the focus being on the western Libya. Therefore sending weapons to the GNA would be extremely difficult, whereas selling weapons to the UAE would be extremely easy and care free.

I don’t mind that being active in Libya personally but what are the various sources of any military sale to UAE?
There is no real proof of Syrian presence in Libya either. please update me if there is any.

iran is not a part of conflict, it just sells weapons to whoever asks for them.

حشمت الله فلاحت پیشه شده غضنفر مجلس ما و گل به خودی میزنه. میگه شاید بیست سی میلیارد در سوریه خرج شده و حالا باید معادن سوریه رو چپول کنیم.
عین ترامپ وقتی گفت نفت عراق رو برداریم

حالا سایت های خبری دشمن برای ما میزنن
وای سی میلیارد خرج سوریه کردند

برای سوریه میزنن​
چه نشستین که معادنتونو میخوان ببرن

واقعا منفعت امثال غضنفر چیه؟ عامدانه داره این کار رو می کنه و تنبیهی هم تا حالا نبوده​

I don’t understand when a strategist in congress thinks at the level of Trump.

Regarding Venezuela:

Imagine you have sanctioned a country to the maximum and they can’t even drive their cars due to lack of gas. Their refineries lack technology and material.

Now imagine you are a news reporter in Reuter and you are paid money to make sure Venezuelans don’t want the only option of refining technology, instruments and quick gasoline that is available.

It would be a very awkward piece of news. What can you say? Their petroleum standard is low? They have Corona virus? Here you go.
From Reuter:

“We are very concerned for the safety of Venezuelans, and of Latin America as well, due to this attempted Iranian presence on Venezuelan soil," said Guaido, who leads the opposition-held National Assembly and is recognized as the rightful president by dozens of countries, including the United States.

Guaido said his team believed Venezuelan officials were paying Iran for the shipment with gold from informal mines in the country's southern jungles, which have been criticized by environmental activists and rights groups for contaminating watersheds and fueling massacres as gangs battle for territory.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nt-ought-to-alarm-latin-america-idUSKBN22W2H1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom