What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Mainly the musician of Hindustani music or Shastriya Sangeet use such title. Muslim musician in India keeps the title Ustad and Hindus keep the word Pandit before their names.

In india it might be related to tht but in Pakistan... a teacher = Ustad.. also used for masters of arts etc...like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan etc.

lol , iranian ppl often abbreviate ostad to osta !! lol

this shows our languages are so connected urdu , persian and turkish languages have a lot of similarities

Lol.. some people also say usta here.... kind of a short form of the word ustad... slang ?

Last edited:
In india it might be related to tht but in Pakistan... a teacher = Ustad.. also used for masters of arts etc...like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan etc.

In India, now the word masterji is mainly used for a teacher.

In India, now the word masterji is mainly used for a teacher.

Which is a corrupted version of "master" ... ji included.. also can you tell me why you use ji in everything i mean including the names etc? is it a cultural thing or just part of the names etc?

Which is a corrupted version of "master" ... ji included.. also can you tell me why you use ji in everything i mean including the names etc? is it a cultural thing or just part of the names etc?

One need to respect elders by putting 'ji' with it.

lol , iranian ppl often abbreviate ostad to osta !! lol

this shows our languages are so connected urdu , persian and turkish languages have a lot of similarities

Urdu of Lucknow is the sweetest among all kinds of Urdu.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom