What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Which one of the posts?
hichi dige...dir oomadi.... hameye post haye irania ro delete kardan... barat mizaram inja bebini:

As the First General Law of Travel tells us, every nation is its stereotype. Americans are indeed fat and overbearing, Mexicans lazy and pilfering, Germans disciplined and perverted. The Turks, as everyone knows, are insane and deceitful. I say this affectionately. I live in Turkey. On good days, I love Turkey. But I have long since learned that its people are apt to go berserk on you for no reason whatsoever, and you just can’t trust a word they say.

My friend is right, and his comment suggests a point about Turkish culture that I doubt many Westerners grasp. People here see “truth” as something plastic, connected more to emotions than to facts or logic. If it feels true, it is true. What’s more, feelings here tend to change very quickly—and with them, the truth.

They are, after all, Turkish, so they pretty much say whatever sounds good to them at the time. They tend to explain these situations ex post facto with appeals to the subtleties of Turkish culture, but the story never stays the same. I’ve been in similar situations in which these same Turkish friends have explained that my mistake was asking , rather than telling . Asking, they have assured me, is a sign of weakness, so no wonder my adversaries sought to take advantage.

Not only is truth here derived from emotion, but the emotions themselves are more intense and more transitory. Arguing a mild difference of opinion by screaming and threatening would come across to Westerners as weak at best, lunatic at worst. Not here. No shame attaches to displays of anger that in the West would result in the issuance of restraining orders.

The Turkish diplomat Namik Tan put it to me this way, shortly before decamping for his new job as ambassador to the United States, then promptly being recalled to Turkey to express the nation’s diplomatic pique at an ostensible insult to Turkish honor, then returning to America again: “The West must understand,” he said, “that in this region, two plus two doesn’t always equal four. Sometimes it equals six, sometimes ten. You cannot hope to understand this region unless you grasp this.” You might think he meant this metaphorically, but in my experience this is literal. If someone here feels very strongly that he wants two plus two to make ten (or two o’clock to be ten o’clock, in the case, say, of a promise to deliver goods or services on a deadline), then— voilà!

The utter irrationality of Turks—and the utter uselessness, for them, of our Western notions of truth and logic—are points Americans won’t grasp unless they’ve lived here quite some time—and even then they won’t grasp them, because they make no sense.

hichi dige...dir oomadi.... hameye post haye irania ro delete kardan... barat mizaram inja bebini:

As the First General Law of Travel tells us, every nation is its stereotype. Americans are indeed fat and overbearing, Mexicans lazy and pilfering, Germans disciplined and perverted. The Turks, as everyone knows, are insane and deceitful. I say this affectionately. I live in Turkey. On good days, I love Turkey. But I have long since learned that its people are apt to go berserk on you for no reason whatsoever, and you just can’t trust a word they say.

My friend is right, and his comment suggests a point about Turkish culture that I doubt many Westerners grasp. People here see “truth” as something plastic, connected more to emotions than to facts or logic. If it feels true, it is true. What’s more, feelings here tend to change very quickly—and with them, the truth.

They are, after all, Turkish, so they pretty much say whatever sounds good to them at the time. They tend to explain these situations ex post facto with appeals to the subtleties of Turkish culture, but the story never stays the same. I’ve been in similar situations in which these same Turkish friends have explained that my mistake was asking , rather than telling . Asking, they have assured me, is a sign of weakness, so no wonder my adversaries sought to take advantage.

Not only is truth here derived from emotion, but the emotions themselves are more intense and more transitory. Arguing a mild difference of opinion by screaming and threatening would come across to Westerners as weak at best, lunatic at worst. Not here. No shame attaches to displays of anger that in the West would result in the issuance of restraining orders.

The Turkish diplomat Namik Tan put it to me this way, shortly before decamping for his new job as ambassador to the United States, then promptly being recalled to Turkey to express the nation’s diplomatic pique at an ostensible insult to Turkish honor, then returning to America again: “The West must understand,” he said, “that in this region, two plus two doesn’t always equal four. Sometimes it equals six, sometimes ten. You cannot hope to understand this region unless you grasp this.” You might think he meant this metaphorically, but in my experience this is literal. If someone here feels very strongly that he wants two plus two to make ten (or two o’clock to be ten o’clock, in the case, say, of a promise to deliver goods or services on a deadline), then— voilà!

The utter irrationality of Turks—and the utter uselessness, for them, of our Western notions of truth and logic—are points Americans won’t grasp unless they’ve lived here quite some time—and even then they won’t grasp them, because they make no sense.

That's typical from middle eastern culture, which it is turkish culture, and also it is more or less Arab and Persian cultures, as well. There are some differences as well. Turks get angry quicker than Persians, and try to act in group(like some Iranics such as Kurds and Lurs) against people who are not from their ethnicity. Lying is very common in Turk, Persian and Arab cultures and none of them cares for truth, and what they care about is their ethnicity, which is the hunter-gatherer mentality of millenniums ago. All 3 branches are religious, but Arabs are more into religious stuff. Iranians, iraqis and Azeris are mostly shiites so they are more secular and care more for logic and wisdom.
All in all, I don't understand the childish behavior of some turkish members. I am not saying that all Iranian members are fine, but at least they don't roam into others' section for months to troll them. and why they do that? This forum is an insignificant forum and Turkey and Iran are not in war, so I don't understand them.
Anyway, As I suggested, the best option is ignoring. Also, mods were supposed to section ban some members, but they did not. Anyway, I hope some members grow up someday, and find something useful in their lives.

Azeris are mostly shiites
shia is a good substitude as this Shiites have smell!! I agree with most of hat u said...me for example have nothing against Turks or Arabs... Nothing...if you review my early posts you see that... but when I see everytime an Iranian stuff comes up torks ad others jump over here trolling.... responding our logical explanations by trolling..then I am an Iranian..what do they expect? I will respond the way they like it... although, mods should section ban few of them who always start this pollution in Iranian section... WE always responded and never started...

@Daneshmand @ResurgentIran @rahi2357
Aghayoon dadasha tabrik begin bakhsh ofooni ru ba yeki az behtarin nomre ha pass kardam. Zood tond sari :mad:

Hala miram inja :

DSC_0459.JPG

Guys, what about recent 'articles' on how Iran is sending tens of thousands of IRGC into Syria? I think it's BS right? I hope it's BS. Nothing will come out of it, they will just be swamped by hordes of braindead zombies. Anybody have any insight? Indeed the source was a 'saudi backed paper'.

Back
Top Bottom