What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

guys considering that bavar utilizes 2 radars, is there any possibility for multi spectrum frequency analyses for bavar or not??
@PeeD bro do you have any idea about this??

ایران معاون وزیر دفاع و رئیس شرکت صنایع الکترونیک (صاایران) ( رئیس سازمان صنایع الکترونیک وزارت دفاع ) امیر سرتیپ شاهرخ شهرام: ساخت سامانه ای بهتر از باور-۳۷۳ (نزدیک به سطح اس-۴۰۰ ) در دستر کار است که در آینده درباره آن خبر رسانی می کنیم.

**ساخت سامانه‌هایی بهتر از باور۳۷۳ در دستور کار
رئیس سازمان صنایع الکترونیک وزارت دفاع گفت: فرازهایی برتر از سامانه باور 373 را در دستور کار داریم که در آینده درباره آن خبررسانی می کنیم.
https://www.farsnews.com/news/13980601000081/باور-۳۷۳-برتر-از-سامانه-پاتریوت-آمریکاست-به-سلاح-لیزری-دست-پیدا

Iran Defense Ministery representative of Iran Electronics Industries Co. (SAIran) also chief of the Iran Electronics Industries Co. Army Brigadier Gen. Shahrokh Shahram: Building better then the Bavar-373 air defense systems, (close to S-400 level) is on going which we will be announce in the future.
Few years ago Yeaver give a list of 3 or 4 types of baver air defence system in iranmilitaryforum.net
I request Yeaver again give that list hear.

Note that if Iran's Bavar-373 requirement is ~24 batteries, there is a need to produce 240.000 TRM modules just for the engagement radar. It's spread across the production years but also requires spare elements.

Just to make sure everyone is aware on the industrial scale of this project.

guys considering that bavar utilizes 2 radars, is there any possibility for multi spectrum frequency analyses for bavar or not??
@PeeD bro do you have any idea about this??

Sure, this is an important capability of the Bavar-373, in that way it can distinguish between decoys or stealth and non-stealth assets.

Last edited:
just a side note:...I have not seen a reporting of Bavar 373 in the russian main international media "Sputnik" (they usually report any thing Iran puts out)
I may have missed it but if true then it tells us a lot about how Russians are either pissed that Iran developed this or simply they just do not like competition.. makes me simile The student has outsmarted the master...lol:cheesy:

a lot of people were silent in past 2 days just RT news did a report. let haters burn :lol::tup:

The honesty is when he says that Bavar-373 is suited for tracking mach 9-10 targets while the S-400 manages mach 14. His knowledge about the THAAD was a little off, maybe because it is not a air-defense but ABM-only system.
He confirmed that its is not an obscure kind of PESA but a AESA as I have said since years.

Regarding honesty: In my last posts I made the case for SAGG guidance and how much deadlier and cost-efficient it is compared to ARH seeker SAMs.
So much is true
However there are operating regimes where ARH can't be avoided and SAGG can't be applied, these are:
- Targeting cruise missiles over the horizon. Here only ARH with a networked warning sensor can enable to kill them at stand-off ranges of beyond 40km. There is a method to achieve it via SAGG on which Iran seems to be working, but I won't detail that.
- Targeting extreme long range targets. Again horizon limitations would disable the use of SAGG guided systems beyond ~300km effectively against medium altitude targets. That's why Bavar-373 and S-300PM go to 200km and S-400 to 250km, not beyond. Here a 40N6 or SM-6 like SAM is needed, making use of top aspect approach against stealthy targets. Soviet doctrine avoided this because ARH seeker of that time were deemed too expensive and fragile to ECM and they still are today in many ways.
- ARH seeker SAMs allow multiple target engagement in a saturation scenario. That scenario is questionable itself because engaging weapons cheap enough to used in a saturation scenario are not what you want to intercept with your expensive ARH-seeker SAM. The S-350 is a post-Soviet concept for such a ARH-seeker system. Preferably Iran will protect its high value objects with several Iranian Pantsirs or 3rd Khordad class systems.

Outside of capitalist western military industry, Iran must be wise enough not to follow technologies which make no economic sense such as PAC-3 vs. Houthi Burkan-2.
For example: Build a heavy SAM with a 200kg warhead by building a larger booster. DO NOT, build a supermaneuverable hit-to-kill PAC-3 with a complex thruster system and ARH-seeker. Enlarging the booster and filling it with propellant is a more cost effective approach and the large directed warhead assures kill without "hit-to-kill".

@PeeD I know this is a difficult question to answer, but approximately what range would you think something like Bavar's S-band radar to detect something like an F-35 at? It would be incredible if it had enough range for the full kinematic performance of the Sayyad-4 to be utilised.

And once it detects it, to be clear, does it illuminate the target (for a dual-band SAGG seeker) or just get the raw radar return itself and use command guidance to send the target to within range of the X-band return (if it doesn't have a dual-band SAGG seeker)?

did you see the pics of new missile ( well the new warhead to be exact ) and the new laser Air defense system that were kind of unveiled??? if i'm not wrong.

Last edited:
Note that if Iran's Bavar-373 requirement is ~24 batteries, there is a need to produce 240.000 TRM modules just for the engagement radar. It's spread across the production years but also requires spare elements.

Just to make sure everyone is aware on the industrial scale of this project.

Sure, this is an important capability of the Bavar-373, in that way it can distinguish between decoys or stealth and non-stealth assets.

Is the quantity requirement publicized already?

Iran's new laser Air defense system was shown to us just today.

laser Air defense system

Untitlged.jpg
Untitled.jpg

just a side note:...I have not seen a reporting of Bavar 373 in the russian main international media "Sputnik" (they usually report any thing Iran puts out)
I may have missed it but if true then it tells us a lot about how Russians are either pissed that Iran developed this or simply they just do not like competition.. makes me simile The student has outsmarted the master...lol:cheesy:
https://sputniknews.com/military/20...built-s-300-analogue-defence-system--reports/

https://www.rt.com/news/467026-iran-bavar-missile-system/

what he means is that when we said bavar is better then s300 sputnik did a full report that no s300 is better and so onnnn. but now they say nothing that if its is better or not.

ولادیمیر ساژین در پایان گفت: « بدین ترتیب، با جمعبندی آنچه گفته شد، با توجه به تجربه جهانی ساخت تسلیحات، سیستم « باور373» نمی تواند از نظر مشخصات تاکتیکی — فنی برتر از سیستم « اس-300» باشد. سیستم های پدافند هوایی و دفاع موشکی روسیه می توانند اساسی برای ساخت سیستم های آتی پدافند هوایی بشوند و همراه با « باور-373» و دیگر سامانه ها از مرزهای ایران دفاع کنند.

https://ir.sputniknews.com/world/201608241811030/

Is the quantity requirement publicized already?

~10.000 was said for the X-band engagement radar during the interview and the S-band acquisition radar would have around 4000 (calculated).
The semi-conductor industry required to support all that is one of the hurdles you have if you select the AESA path.
Necessary financial resources need to be made available to expand the current S-band based TRM industry to real mass-production levels. Hopefully a pace of more than 4 batteries per year will be achieved.

~10.000 was said for the X-band engagement radar during the interview and the S-band acquisition radar would have around 4000 (calculated).
The semi-conductor industry required to support all that is one of the hurdles you have if you select the AESA path.
Necessary financial resources need to be made available to expand the current S-band based TRM industry to real mass-production levels. Hopefully a pace of more than 4 batteries per year will be achieved.
we will have cheshm oghab (eagle eye) AESA radar too, probably we should invest many money for industrial scale production at the beginning but it will ease the way for other productions along with government pocket.

no i meant the battery quantity request by IRADF. You mentioned 24 batteries, I am just wondering how you got that number.

There was a article some weeks ago mentioning "Air Defence" is one of the fields which was put into "National Projects" (highest priority), so financial resources should be secured, no matter what

Back
Top Bottom