What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Let me give some credits to Russians here: I said that AHR seeker equipped SAMs are the easy path for nations unable to develop a SAGG based system. The same is true for using a AESA radar as illumination radar; its a more expansive path to achieve something a PESA like the Russian Tombstone is able to do at much lower cost.
If you try to achieve something and need a technology that's twice as expensive but you competitor manages to do the same with technology half that price then his skills are higher.

The Russian design for the S-300P engagement radar was incredibly elegant and of high power. Iran may have been unable to copy it in a good way or somehow lacked access. So it may decided/been forced to go for the AESA path in order to achieve similar results.

This is one scenario. The other is that there is a technological reason to switch to AESA technology and that's the reason why Iran did it and Russia is said to have done it for it's S-500.
The most convincing reason to me would be that the AESA design can establish a good track on very high speed, hypersonic targets while the Gravestone has problems to do so. Jamming issues could be another reason, waveform agility and higher bandwidth for hopping.
The S-300P technology has been 50 years in work now and deserves credit, they perfected it with the limited means of that time.

ECgcf3VXkAIcdDC.jpg:large

i would say its 12 targets simultaneously

:lol::lol::lol: :tup:

EChPsbwWwAE_hGJ.jpg
haha......my desktop background was 3rd khordad and i decided to switch on bavar......and now the picture you posted persuade me to do sooner

Here is a ranking of world systems and capabilities from offical data:

1. Aegis combat system with SM-2, -3 and -6
2. THAAD
3. S-400
4. Bavar-373
5. S-300PM
6. Arrow-2/3
7. HQ-9
8. Patriot PAC-3
9. Tien Kung-3
10. Aster
11. North Korean S-300P variant
12. Indian ASAT

This translates to:
1. Russia (due to compactness mobility and all-round capability of the S-400)
2. U.S.A (higher capability systems but, not very economical and fragile)
3. China (before Iran due to tested ASAT and S-300 based systems)
4. Iran (missile-wise inferior to Israel but radar wise superior)
5. Israel (better missiles and more powerful radars than Iran, but either expensive high-tech solutions, much larger and static (radars) or less sophisticated. Higher ABM capability, lower anti-air)
6. France/Europe (expensive, high-tech solutions with lower ranges, low robustness)
7. Taiwan (much U.S support and less sophisticated radars)
8. North Korea (old technology, probably lacking SARH seeker, but overall high performing system)
9. India (expensive high-tech solutions on ASAT missile, but lacking LRSAM system radars)
10. Japan (lack of range and robustness plus expensive solutions)
11. South Korea (no ready product, only projects)

Iran domestically made long range air defense system Bavar-373 260 KM range, Altitude 27 KM, detection range 320 KM, ability of 100 target tracking simultaneous, and engaged 6 targets ,
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019...373-President-Rouhani-Defense-Minister-Hatami

Looking at the way the missile turns while the nozzle is still pointing downwards in the vid should mean that the missile has TVC right?

And I hope that we can see more stuff being unveiled today.

Back
Top Bottom