What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Did you read my post? Please read it one more time.
You said those were first version of S-300 I said no they were not . and the component of Bavar just unveiled several month ago.
Also the S300 we bought from Belarus were not complete and functional.

Iranian authorities ordered the military section to demonstrate the presence of S-300 to foreign media.
If by that you mean the first video as I said those were mockups .
Its the trucks from another angle
15_8901290941_L600.jpg

Honestly do you call it s-300

You said those were first version of S-300 I said no they were not . and the component of Bavar just unveiled several month ago.
Also the S300 we bought from Belarus were not complete and functional.

Its the trucks from another angle
15_8901290941_L600.jpg

I suggested you to read my post one more time, but apparently either you did not, or you are a troll.

the S300 we bought from Belarus were not complete and functional.
So, you say Iran spent money to buy something strategic but incomplete and none functional? Why? Because you think so?
All the required, not optional, components to use one S-300 system were shown in that parade, for the sake of political reasons I mentioned: Nebu + Flap-Lid + Missile.
9261D98B-20CC-4E85-BEAC-9B571F9F6458.jpeg
5EB6C5EE-2476-470A-A608-7CD3C3013150.jpeg
78594075-EDC9-40EB-BCA7-5314AEE5CA89.jpeg
D702A358-9D51-4931-9C3B-F6F5A6B64D3D.jpeg

Did I say anything otherwise? Again, have you read my post? I put it back here, so that you read it, if you can of course:

Also, those equipment had been loaded on Babr-400 military trucks, rather than standard Belarusian MAZ trucks, which was another clear sign of the system being stationary

The canisters were not mock up, but they tried to simulate and show off for the parade a mobile S-300 launcher by loading the real canisters on Babr-400 trucks, since the purchased system most likely were positioned fixed by under- grounded launchers, which in turn - unfortunately - is a sign of the old and obsolete PT versions.
242B3560-8D71-41EA-97DD-BD72FE74CCB8.jpeg
7DD4222E-F1E7-4515-A352-D7222AE73FE9.jpeg

I did not know loading Missile canisters on trucks is a mission impossible. Honestly do call the following images Hawk, S-200, and S-300?
51C4B416-DDC9-4D8A-88FE-C1769693BE2C.jpeg6A251593-FAB9-4697-B20E-59CD16ADEC98.jpeg05DDB4FA-6380-4D72-9CF9-2C1E4A6729A0.jpeg

the component of Bavar just unveiled several month ago.
Are you trolling? Neither they called the system Bavar then during the parade, nor I mentioned anything about Bavar in my post.

Last edited:
I suggested you to read my post one more time, but apparently either you did not, or you are a troll.

So, you say Iran spent money to buy something strategic but incomplete and none functional? Why? Because you think so?
All the required, not optional, components required to use one S-300 system were shown in that parade, for the sake of political reasons I mentioned: Nebu + Flip-Lid + Missile:

Iran parade:
Yes , but the question is do you have any evidence iran received any S-300 from blarus .please not Jane article which is based on an article in fqrs news which is denied by Belarus and Russia

I did not know loading Missile canisters on trucks is mission impossible. Honestly do call the following images Hawk, S-200, and S-300?
Are these called working system. And the first video was not loading canister it was supposed to be launcher

Are you trolling? Neither they called the system Bavar then during the parade, nor I mentioned anything about Bavar in my post.
Me and yavar were talking about Bavar and then you come and talked about Belarusian S-300
And claimed a video that were discussed extensively at the time it first surfaced was early version of s300 which it was but it was some drum on a truck

Yes , but the question is do you have any evidence iran received any S-300 from blarus .please not Jane article which is based on an article in fqrs news which is denied by Belarus and Russia

Are these called working system. And the first video was not loading canister it was supposed to be launcher

Me and yavar were talking about Bavar and then you come and talked about Belarusian S-300
And claimed a video that were discussed extensively at the time it first surfaced was early version of s300 which it was but it was some drum on a truck
Again you are trolling as not only I did not mention anything about Belarus (MAZ trucks are manufactured in Belarus though), but also I emphasized the source of the systems is unknown and a mystery!!
Back then, different media suggested different sources for the Iranian older version of S-300, including Belarus, Croatia, and even Russia. As I mentioned, the most puzzling part is the engagement radar which is the advanced versions of the Flap-Lid (Tomb Stone) that does not belong to obsolete PT version. According to internet resources, earlier versions of S-300PT complexes are not even cold launch, and this may be, only maybe, the reason Iran did not choose cold launch technology when the Bavar project was kicked-off.
I am not here to convince you or anyone else, but when something looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it is a duck! When:
- I saw in 2010 by my own eyes Iran showed S-300 system components in a parade, and
- El-Manar news agency showed a component of a S-300 battery with Sepah emblem, and
- Rouhani said he recommended to buy S-300 around 20 years ago, and
- Fars News said then Iran possesses S-300, and
- Congressman Kowsary said then Iran possesses S-300, and
- Jame’s Defence said then Iran possesses S-300, and
- Ex-Defence minister said Iran was already producing S-300 class missiles,
- Ex-commander of chief of ADF said Iran possesses a large number of S-300 systems rather than the new batch (PMU-2) commissioned in front of him, and ...

I can conclude Iran had S-300 systems around that time.
But, again which version and from which source I don’t know. I assume the system purchased from Georgia was the Buk-M1 and not S-300, as I have not found any reliable source - except Wikipedia - indicating the presence of S-300 in Georgia after USSR collapse.

Last edited:
Janes knows about Irans S-300 because one of their experts (SOC) found them via satellite imagery.
But it is a secret system of strategic value for Iran, such as Tehran ABM against Jericho and DF-3, hence it was and still is not disclosed.

As for cold launch: Chinese have switched back from cold launch HQ-9 to hot launch HQ-22.
It's about efficiency and doctrine.
Bavar-373 is hot launch because it has different requirements than the S-300 series which had a cold launch requirement in the 60's when their development began. Iran always had the TOR-M1 to copy a cold launch system if they would think it is worth it.

At a recent speech Sorena Sattari made a claim that should sound absurd to many:
The RQ-4 would not have been possible to shot down with the S-300 system.

I did some calculations to see at what range a S-300 engagement radar (S-400 Gravestone taken as reference) could detect what RCS level target.
As we know the engagement range of the RQ-4 shot down of something between 40 and 70km I could sufficiently constrain the calculation.

The result is, that at around 40km (closest range) a -25dB target can be detected by the S-300/400's huge brute force array.
We know that the RQ-4 would at least benefit -20dB just from its RAS/RAM coating. So just with -5dB total RCS due to shaping, it would become impossible to kill a RQ-4 at 40+km range with a S-400/-300.

So the sanity check seems to be complete with Sattaris claim: RQ-4 is large but should easily achieve -15 to -20dB reduction due to VLO shaping. So the budget looks like this: 14dB nominal low-side aspect RCS without shaping or RAS/RAM --> -20dB reduction do to optimized VLO shaping --> -20dB average due to RAS/RAM --> resulting in -26dB total RCS.

Now how did the 3rd Khordad achieve it? It has a at least 4 time smaller array + also operating in the VLO techniques severely affected X-band + much lower power output alone cause the lower RF energy compared to the space/lens feed brute force Gravestone.

I know about two methods which I don't want to describe here. But the basic solution is: Detect with assets that operates in a band that is not affected by U.S. stealth techniques and kill with methods that are either totally different or again something stealth techniques are less effective against.

For Iran the S-300 is primarily a ABM asset and long range engagements of non-stealth targets.

From what I know it may actually be true what Sattari said.
I should also say that a rather modification of the S-300 by Iran, could allow a successful engagement as the system has all necessary basic capabilities.
Plus with the already present S-300/-400 hardware there could be a special mode available in which the Big Bird battalion level radar is used to allow such a engagement. It may be that this mode is not available to export grade systems, hence Sattaris comment.

For Iran the S-300 is primarily a ABM asset and long range engagements of non-stealth targets.
Interesting post and thoughts about role of S-300 vs other systems in Iran.

Where would Bavar-373 (announced soon hopefully) fit into this role-based view of Iran's ADS?

Thanks

It fills Irans requirement for high altitude long range SAM. It also has the basic parameters to be its first (offcial) potent Iranian ABM system.
What gaps does that leave in the future that Iran's ADF will have to fill (i.e. current needs/shortcomings)? Thanks

رئیس جمهور
طی هفته آینده افتتاح های بسیار مهمی در صنعت و پدافند هوایی خواهیم داشت

this is going to be Bavar 373 long range air defense system equivalent of Russia S400 i mean look like with tube and cold launch
up to now 80% decision been made ( NOT Ruhani decision) for it to be unveiled
the system been operational 2013 /14
As we told you

again this would be the equivalent of Russia S400 the one which Russian army uses not the export version
but better then the export version S400 ( Turkey )
Truck bit smaller but with round Tuble and cold launch system

NOT the Sayyad 5 which Ruhani and Gen. Deghan took pictuers with

Last edited:
The Bavar 373 Air defense System will be unveiled on August 22th

سامانه موشکی باور۳۷۳ روز ۳۱ مرداد رونمایی می‌شود

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1398/05/16/2070786/اختصاصی-تسنیم-سامانه-موشکی-باور373-روز-31-مرداد-رونمایی-می-شود

As we told you

again this would be the equivalent of Russia S400 the one which Russian army uses not the export version

NOT the Sayyad 5 which Ruhani and Gen. Deghan took pictuers with

what?????

"Truck bit smaller but with round Tuble and cold launch system

NOT the Sayyad 5 which Ruhani and Gen. Deghan took pictuers with"
??????

Last edited:
The Bavar 373 Air defense System will be unveiled on August 22th

سامانه موشکی باور۳۷۳ روز ۳۱ مرداد رونمایی می‌شود

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1398/05/16/2070786/اختصاصی-تسنیم-سامانه-موشکی-باور373-روز-31-مرداد-رونمایی-می-شود
Ye....ye...ye
To all iranian dudes, manage some sweets,
Some people really need to replace their bitterness with sweetie sensation.....
And that's gonna be a hell of party....

As we told you

NOT the Sayyad 4 which Ruhani and Gen. Deghan took pictuers with
So bro, that sayyad 5 missile won't be the most long range missile for b373 and there's is also another missile with more then 350+ range..if it's true then i say....
Impressive...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom