What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

UAV can not force project. Nor can it counter real planes in the sky. Monitoring sure, other than that it is handicapped to do anything. Engine is an issue for you guys.

What's Iran's military budget?

Iran's military is actually the lowest in the region I believe. @yavar Could give a better answer to that.

Also, I understand currently manned planes have more capability, but how long do you think that will last.
In the future UAV's will become more and become capable to a point where they will dwarf a manned planed.
In a manned plane you pull a certain amount of G's, you will kill the pilot. In UAV's you have no such issue. Do not judge UAV's prematurely. They are the future.

Pakistan uses SPADA 2000 as its Medium range air defence missile.

But it would be great to work with Iran. I'm interested in the missile motor technology.

Can you give me Sayyad 2's specs ???

Sayyad-2 is a high altitude missile, its range was not declared but it's probably between 50-80 km (some day even more due it's size).
Unlike ra'ad, it has 4 missile per carrier than 3.

Iran's military is actually the lowest in the region I believe. @yavar Could give a better answer to that.

Also, I understand currently manned planes have more capability, but how long do you think that will last.
In the future UAV's will become more and become capable to a point where they will dwarf a manned planed.
In a manned plane you pull a certain amount of G's, you will kill the pilot. In UAV's you have no such issue. Do not judge UAV's prematurely. They are the future.

Sayyad-2 is a high altitude missile, its range was not declared but it's probably between 50-80 km (some day even more due it's size).
Unlike ra'ad, it has 4 missile per carrier than 3.

UAV will cost just as much as a normal jet, maybe even more. That is the thing, it will have all the capabilities of a fighter plane, but not the size of a drone. The only cost saving would be the pilot. And this is not gonna happen than soon.

@Prince of Persia, third of Khordad is the name of that TELAR, it isn't part of Ra'ad. Ra'ad is just the name of the vehicle (TEL) which has no Radar.

I called them the "ra'ad " family because they are all still based on ra'ad.

Iran's concentration should be
- Build an excellent navy to deter any aggression and project power beyond the region. Only navy can project power & deter attack far away from the home base. Even air power can't do much unless there are ships to carry them or bases in defferent regions to support them.
- Have a good air defense to deter any pre-emptive strike by any regional or outside forces
- Have a decent air force to counter attack in case anyone decides to strike.

Age of ground war is over. Spending on ground forces with limited resources could be a waste.

Iran's navy actually has so much ambition projects. I will not go into them here but you will see how the navy will put the airforce to shame with it's pace of development. Out air defence speaks for itself, it's growing at a very fast pace too. In 1-2 years, bavar-373 will be coming online. Out our force is not doing so well though. We are working on the jet engines, once that is done, things would be much easier.

Our Air force is not doing so well though. We are working on the jet engines, once that is done, things would be much easier.

No need for a great air force. Just a decent one should be enough. It's only required for a counter attack. As long as you have a superb navy, counter strike can be carried out by navy as well.

Watch all 4 episode below;

The Golden Ocean -Empire of the Seas- How England achieve global supremacy? - YouTube

Russia, China, Japan all are building navies. That is the future. Future wars will be fought long distance. Enemies won't see each other. Bedouins living south of Iran have no notion of a navy. Probably to them desert is the ocean. Camels are sufficient, so spending much on ground forces to encounter them will be waste for Iran.

I called them the "ra'ad " family because they are all still based on ra'ad.

Iran's navy actually has so much ambition projects. I will not go into them here but you will see how the navy will put the airforce to shame with it's pace of development. Out air defence speaks for itself, it's growing at a very fast pace too. In 1-2 years, bavar-373 will be coming online. Out our force is not doing so well though. We are working on the jet engines, once that is done, things would be much easier.

According to the Iranian general presenting the RQ-170 Iranian copy, Iran has advanced 35 years ahead in drone engine technology, thanks to the reverse engineering of the RQ-170.

speed ???

Mach 3.5 I believe.

According to the Iranian general presenting the RQ-170 Iranian copy, Iran has advanced 35 years ahead in drone engine technology, thanks to the reverse engineering of the RQ-170.

Indeed. The RQ-170 mst have used a very very advance engine due to it's requirements. It's technology for certainly help Iran develop a larger engine.

Biggest problem Iran faces is jet engines. .
are you sure ??

7r6uFT3.jpg

Qz4ACpf.jpg

I
Sayyad-2 is a high altitude missile, its range was not declared but it's probably between 50-80 km (some day even more due it's size).Unlike ra'ad, it has 4 missile per carrier than 3.
Sayyad 2 is about 50 to 80 KM .. how do you come to such conclusion ??
vlcsnap-2010-03-25-13h43m50s204.jpg

as you can see on first version of Sayyad 2 it was shown about 120KM . so i do ont understand where you got 50 to 80 KM from
BSk4on9.jpg

and this is latest version of Sayyad 2 . as you can see it totally different system compare to it first version.
WjqFZL0.jpg

Last edited:
are you sure ?

Sayyad 2 is about 50 to 80 KM .. how do you come to such conclusion ??

as you can see on first version of Sayyad 2 it was shown about 120KM . so i do ont understand where you got 50 to 80 KM from

120km is the range of the radar NOT the missile. They said it's a medium ranged missile, that's where I got my 50-80 km range from.

@Prince of Persia

Not gonna comment on this post.

Is there any road map regarding Iran's plan of developing jet engines ? ( This is an honest question, don't bring Turkey on the table. )
Why would I bring Turkey into it bro?
Honest answer would be that I don't know how they are going about it.
Considering Iran's MAPNA company, I have no doubt Iran is not that far from making a jet engine. We already have the capability to make single crystal turbine blades and that is very important for making jet engines.

It should not be long before we see the first Iranian jet engine. And when we do make one, you'll see it posted here for certain.
Sorry if I did not answer you points properly.

@Prince of Persia

Not gonna comment on this post.

Is there any road map regarding Iran's plan of developing jet engines ? ( This is an honest question, don't bring Turkey on the table. )

i know that u didnt ask me the question. but i will answer it anyway, as far as i know iran could build j-85 but not at large scale.

who said is 50-80 KM ?? when did ever any Iranian official announce such thing . what they said exactly was this medium long range air defense missile system .

What is a medium long range air defence? What they said was it's a high altitude, medium ranged missile. Just like ra'ad. 120km range which you showed was the radar, not the missile range.

That's not an issue. wait a while and you'll see the Iranian 100-200km ranged missiles.

120km is the range of the radar NOT the missile. They said it's a medium ranged missile, that's where I got my 50-80 km range from..
who said is 50-80 KM ?? when did ever any Iranian official announce such thing . what they said exactly was this medium long range air defense missile system .
listen to this video and you will see they said it is medium long rage missile system
this is fist version of Sayyad 2 air defense missile system. the picture below .
kVMrByr.jpg

if people you look at this the picture below and download it and zoom in it you will see the head of Sayyad-2 AD missile is not out of the missile canister. . the Sayyad-2 AD missile from top to bottom is fully inside the canister and there is no part of the missile outside canister so you can not see the any part of Sayyad-2 missile when it is in the canister.

WjqFZL0.jpg

L8G09NE.jpg

like this
rLJ9V3F.gif

and this is latest Sayyad 2 system .( the picture below ) look at first version and look at latest one and look at the differences . look at fuel on first version and look at fuel used on latest one .and the first one which one do you think is going to produce thrust ??
g5ALlFp.jpg

That's not an issue. wait a while and you'll see the Iranian 100-200km ranged missiles.

طراحی موشک صیاد ۳ برای سامانه S200/ نصب موشک جدید بر روی مرصاد/ توصیه رهبر انقلاب به فرمانده پدافند هوایی
اhttp://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13930129000043

وی خطاب به خبرنگاران گفت: هدیه‌ای برای شما همرزمان جنگ نرم و ملت صبور و غیور ایران اسلامی دارم، امروز الحمدالله افزون بر سامانه موشکی سیستم سلاح صیاد 2، که آن را برای S200 در نظر گرفته بودیم و تست کردیم، موشک صیاد 3 را برای S200 با برد بالاتر، سرعت بالاتر و جنگ‌آوری بالاتر طراحی کردیم.

فرمانده قرارگاه پدافند هوایی خاتم‌الانبیاء (ص) با اشاره به دستاوردهای این قرارگاه تاکید کرد: با این دستاوردها و سلاح‌ها دشمن غافلگیر خواهد شد و حدسش را هم نمی‌زد. البته این دستاوردها مدیون ملت صبور و جوانان پدافند هوایی است

دست یابی به سامانه کاوش جو بالا/ طراحی موشک صیاد۳برای s ۲۰۰
if you talking about Sayyad 3 . the Sayyad 3 is much longer range then 120KM
What is a medium long range air defence? What they said was it's a high altitude, medium ranged missile. Just like ra'ad. 120km range which you showed was the radar, not the missile range..
so what does high altitude means ?? it means it goes high then normal medium range missile .for example Raad 1 missile it goes up 27 km .but the Sayyad 2 it goes much higher .
so let say we want to target cruise missile with Sayyad 2 missile . so the Sayyad 2 missile does not need to go in such high altitude so it will allow the missile to flying much longer range to get to the target .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom