What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Lets off by showing the most advanced of the ra'ad family. The one called, third of Khordad. According to the commander, Hajizadeh says 3rd of Khordad uses phased array radar with 1700 elements, and has electronically scan capability, it can simultaneously destroy 4 targets with 8 missiles (fires 2 missile per target for maximum kill probability), 3 missiles on TEL with radar, and two other TELs without radar (thus 9 missiles all together).
Range of "3rd of Khordad" will reach to 100 km in future with new missiles.

مشروح/ سردار حاجی‌زاده در گفتگوی ویژه خبری: فروندهای دوم و سوم RQ170 در حال ساخت است/ موشک «هرمز1» ضد رادار و «هرمز2» ضد ناو است

The missile of ra'ad defence system are called taer-2B have a range of 50 km and can reach altitudes of 25 km.
And here it is:

Vawn_Rj_D.jpg

wuxHNWB.jpg

DAu_MD2j.jpg

3hYYOdD.jpg

The taer 2 missile (in the middle) compared to the Russian buk missiles:
9m317-taer-2-9m38.jpg

The less advance member of ra'ad family is called Tabas, it uses the Taer2A missiles, the radar it uses is less advanced than that of 3rd of khordad.
And here it is:

o_QGz_HOd.jpg

99554530534972906127.jpg

91238016970680731333.jpg

26413280462520664977.jpg

There is also a version of the ra'ad which utilised electro optic:

13930221_10026364.jpg

Last edited:
Great developments by Iran, even though it's not state of the art, it will certainly make hostile countries doublethink.

Last edited:
Great developments by Iran, even though it's not state of the art, it will certainly make hostile countries doublethink.

Thanks brother.

I am not sure what you mean by state of the art. It's certainly not as powerful as s-300/400. It's one of the most advanced medium ranged air defence made and in Iran's arsenal. Sayyad-2 is arguably more advanced. Iran's bavar-373 long range air defence systems will be the major advancement, it should be ready by 2016. Also,as I said in the beginning, a 100km and 200km ranged missiles are in development for next generation ra'ad systems.

Looks awesome !!!

Finally something good from Iranian Defense Industry.

Thanks brother, but this is by no means the first good products made by Iran.
There are many more.

It would be great to see this system protecting your country's sky from drone using savages.

You guys need to concentrate on your airforce. Which is severely lacking. Your air defence systems are top notch in the region but not airforce. And in todays world it's only about airforce. Power projection.

You guys need to concentrate on your airforce. Which is severely lacking. Your air defence systems are top notch in the region but not airforce. And in todays world it's only about airforce. Power projection.

Biggest problem Iran faces is jet engines. Iran has no problem with any other parts.
Hopefully once a jet engine is ready, you'll see some 4+ gen fighter jet.
In my own opinion, Iran should concentrate more on UAV's, which is what we're doing. They are much cheaper and as they advance, they can replace manned planes. Manned planes are too expensive to develop. Remember, we have to develop them, we cant buy them.

Biggest problem Iran faces is jet engines. Iran has no problem with any other parts.
Hopefully once a jet engine is ready, you'll see some 4+ gen fighter jet.
In my own opinion, Iran should concentrate more on UAV's, which is what we're doing. They are much cheaper and as they advance, they can replace manned planes. Manned planes are too expensive to develop. Remember, we have to develop them, we cant buy them.

UAV can not force project. Nor can it counter real planes in the sky. Monitoring sure, other than that it is handicapped to do anything. Engine is an issue for you guys.

What's Iran's military budget?

Thanks brother, but this is by no means the first good products made by Iran.
There are many more.

It would be great to see this system protecting your country's sky from drone using savages.
Pakistan uses SPADA 2000 as its Medium range air defence missile.

But it would be great to work with Iran. I'm interested in the missile motor technology.

Can you give me Sayyad 2's specs ???

Iran's concentration should be
- Build an excellent navy to deter any aggression and project power beyond the region. Only navy can project power & deter attack far away from the home base. Even air power can't do much unless there are ships to carry them or bases in defferent regions to support them.
- Have a good air defense to deter any pre-emptive strike by any regional or outside forces
- Have a decent air force to counter attack in case anyone decides to strike.

Age of ground war is over. Spending on ground forces with limited resources could be a waste.

Back
Top Bottom