What's new

Iranian 150-Seat Passenger Jet | News & Update

MC-21 still uses American technology and needs US Treasury permission to export it. Also, recent problems with Russian engine means they delayed its production until 2021.
This problem was solved as Russia was barred to use western's technologies. The MC-21 will be 100% indigenous.
But if they can succeed in plans to rebuild it with fewer American parts and fix the problems then maybe it will be a good option, but I doubt this will happen before 2024...
As far as I understood in spite of western blockade Iran has been progressing in amazing way, it is certainly due to the persian's mentality, amazing persian's culture, that is far developed than all middle east's countries. A country that can develop F-5 E's jet's engine, will be able to develop one day an aircraft like the MS-21. It is simply a matter of time, because Iran is full of talents engineers, scientists, techniciains. And much among them could be considered as the best in the world. Amazing Iran!

This problem was solved as Russia was barred to use western's technologies. The MC-21 will be 100% indigenous.

As far as I understood in spite of western blockade Iran has been progressing in amazing way, it is certainly due to the persian's mentality, amazing persian's culture, that is far developed than all middle east's countries. A country that can develop F-5 E's jet's engine, will be able to develop one day an aircraft like the MS-21. It is simply a matter of time, because Iran is full of talents engineers, scientists, techniciains. And much among them could be considered as the best in the world. Amazing Iran!
"was solved" is not the same as "will be". The point is it will take time for Russia to fully indigenise the MC-21, and by then if this domestic Iranian project proceeds well then maybe Iran won't need it.

Agree 100% on the second part of your post.

comac is trying to break the boeing/airbus duopoly

in about 10-15 years they should get there. Iran should weather this another decade and go that route in my opinion.

building passenger planes requires 10s of billions of dollars of capital, and decades of of work, plus another decade of proven safety before you have anything viable.. just not economically feasible for Iran when they could put that money into military jets (in my opinion) .

in about 10-15 years they should get there. Iran should weather this another decade and go that route in my opinion.

building passenger planes requires 10s of billions of dollars of capital, and decades of of work, plus another decade of proven safety before you have anything viable.. just not economically feasible for Iran when they could put that money into military jets (in my opinion) .
I don't think it's a good idea to wait 10 years and pray that Russia/China succeeds. You cannot rely on other countries. What happens if Russia/China don't succeed for whatever reason? Then you wasted 10-15 years doing nothing and you are in the same situation (but with 10-15 years older planes)!

I don't think it's a good idea to wait 10 years and pray that Russia/China succeeds. You cannot rely on other countries. What happens if Russia/China don't succeed for whatever reason? Then you wasted 10-15 years doing nothing and you are in the same situation (but with 10-15 years older planes)!

no nation on earth can be self sufficient in absolutely everything. even if its technically possible, often times its not economically viable. that's why trade is so important.

Iran went with the antonov 140, and it became an embarrassing failure.

If there was a serious national effort with 10s of billions of capital, and a direct order from Khamenei for a national civilian airliner. That might be somewhat viable.

but your not going to half *** your way to an airline industry. At best you might come up with a small regional airliner, and spend another decade of trial and error (and crashes) before you fix the kinks..... and even that would be useless for long distance travel. (look at how long it took china to get their arj 21 in the air)

and they are still struggling with the COMAC despite having an aviation industry capable of producing 5th gen fighters.

while not ideal, there is not much choice. If Iran wants a serious upgrade of its civilian fleet, it needs one of the major planemakers help. and the best hope is to see comac enter the market.

even if Iran doesn't buy comac. just the entry of them breaking the western monopoly might be enough to force airbus or boeing to re-assess their Iranian business and lobby the US government into letting them sell Iran planes.

no nation on earth can be self sufficient in absolutely everything. even if its technically possible, often times its not economically viable. that's why trade is so important.

Iran went with the antonov 140, and it became an embarrassing failure.

If there was a serious national effort with 10s of billions of capital, and a direct order from Khamenei for a national civilian airliner. That might be somewhat viable.

but your not going to half *** your way to an airline industry. At best you might come up with a small regional airliner, and spend another decade of trial and error (and crashes) before you fix the kinks..... and even that would be useless for long distance travel. (look at how long it took china to get their arj 21 in the air)

and they are still struggling with the COMAC despite having an aviation industry capable of producing 5th gen fighters.

while not ideal, there is not much choice. If Iran wants a serious upgrade of its civilian fleet, it needs one of the major planemakers help. and the best hope is to see comac enter the market.

even if Iran doesn't buy comac. just the entry of them breaking the western monopoly might be enough to force airbus or boeing to re-assess their Iranian business and lobby the US government into letting them sell Iran planes.
All fair points and I agree.

But if Rouhani announced national programme to master key technologies in this field then that hints that they are taking it somewhat seriously, which I think is wise because it is never a bad thing to master new technologies etc.

No sir. Formerly it was conceivable, because technology did not allow you to test something other than in the way what U listed. However nowadays, with drone, new tools machinery, super computers -that Iran produces too-, etc... U can significantly shorten your tests times and save money. During these last years Iran has been progressing in amazing way, this progress is such that Western powers are really worry. And they fear more than never Iran's rise. For that reason they have decided to end definitely Iran's road to progress. Western powers are continuing to think they can make the history, as it was during the end of XIX° century, and they think it is now or never. They want to make to Iran like they did for Iraq, back to the stone age. However they are wrong, western leaders are living in the bubble completely out of the reality. At first because Iran is not Iraq, moreover West cannot afford another war against a country like Iran, and western powers dare this time Western's empire will collapse completely.
Indeed if West cannot sell its tools machinery, credits, agricultural machines, roads, dams, wheat, Airbus, Boeing etc... what will they become ? Iam sure that Iran is on the road to overcome most of its challenges, because they can, and no one can stop iranians.

Back
Top Bottom