undercover JIX

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran unveils new portable radar
  1. Politics
September 2, 2020 - 22:2

TEHRAN – Iran’s Air Defense Force on Wednesday unveiled “Kashef-99” radar, a mobile system capable of detecting small flying objects.
Brigadier General Alireza Sabahifard, the commander of the Air Defense Force, attended the unveiling ceremony.
Kashef-99 can detect 300 targets simultaneously within a range of 12 kilometers, Tasnim reported.
The domestically produced device is a 3D phased-array radar system that is carried on a vehicle, suitable for detecting small aircraft and objects.
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran owes its security to preparedness and vigilance of the Air Defense Force.
“Send my greeting to vigilant staff of the country’s air defense; security of the country owes to preparedness and vigilance of the air defense,” Ayatollah Khamenei said in a message on the occasion of the anniversary of the establishment of the Air Defense Force.
The Leader added, “Our religiously devoted people praise your incessant efforts, be appreciative of this.”
NA/PA

the device made more sense if for example they have tied it with 30 Mithaq 2 misssile and used those missile to engage incoming drones and glide bombs

the device made more sense if for example they have tied it with 30 Mithaq 2 misssile and used those missile to engage incoming drones and glide bombs
it's possibly a component of future advanced short range point defense missile.

Its a radar it can be tied to anything that is radar guided.

The question is will anyone in the armed forces order this or it will remain in the catalog.

Its a radar it can be tied to anything that is radar guided.

The question is will anyone in the armed forces order this or it will remain in the catalog.
It can't until somebody do that.and if it can't engage what it see , i don't see any chance of it become interesting for people

@Hack-Hook
Yeah i like this idea, reminds me of a new Egyptian radar I saw in a factory by its short range role but the Iranian radar is a lot ahead technologically. It would be good for SHORAD tied to AAA and MANPADS.

Screenshot_20200810-212900_Chrome.jpg

the fact that they have mounted it on a technical tells me this might be a toy for Iranian proxies to use to defend themselves against drones...

even Iranian assymetric proxies are going to be armed with mobile radar/missiles soon... everyday Iran produces a new headache for Western military planners.... :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom