What's new

Iran tests home-made stealth fighter

Gubbi, these are just scale models and one can expect several alternations. I don't believe the fighter-model is a fully functional model and may just be a large wind tunnel test model but thats just my opinion. I don't think it is intended to be a functional aircraft either rather a testbed for technological improvements. The other model (Diamond-shaped one) looks like it will be designed for Recon or bombing perhaps so extreme maneuverability won't really be a tremendous necessity anyway.

On a side note, here is an example of such a mounted intake (this one much closer to cockpit), the F-107 Super Super Sabre...

The most fitting scenario for Iran at present would be a stable platform for 4.5 generation aircraft or a purchased 4.5 generation aircraft. In any case, information on Iran's aerospace abilities is only based on speculation and judgment because Iran purposefully engages in Information Warfare with statements and releases to cause both doubts and alarms. As for the F-5, considering it's paint scheme and the fact that its wings do not have adapters for carrying armaments, I doubt that it is actually intended to serve the IRIAF. Rather, it is being used as a testing ground. I shall post pictures in a more dedicated article of the differences in even those models that have been shown of the aircraft. I don't think Iran has any intention of copying the F-14. I'll post my opinion in regard of this is in a different thread. As for cannibalization, the fleet is smaller than what Iran started with and during the 80s much cannibalization was needed. Since the early 90s Iran has been attempting to manufacture as many components of it as its industrial base allows. Recently, Iran has developed upgrades from them as well.

This is un-related to the thread but Persians restricts the definition to the Pars only and moreover it is a foreign term (of Greek origin). The preferred terminology is Iran and Iranian. For example, I'm Iranian but not necessarily Persian (I have an Azeri background).

As to the leadership, I believe they are more pragmatic than one assumes considering Iran's defense-related measures within the prisms of it's limitations which are great given that import of dual-use items/technologies is also restricted to Iran. So far the development projects initiated regarding the defense-centered issues are more or less on the mark. Internal policies and as such are a different subject matter altogether from this one.
Why using so much time on this brother? It should be discussed on a mutual respective ground and a real fact finding forum like an academic not the one like this whose members only goal is to bash the other one. Don’t take it so seriously it wont achieve anything but the loss of your precious time!! thank you

Great peaceful nation of Persia don't know why ppl don't like Iran

They don't attack anyone, they live in their country , they love sports

And they also take part in peaceful debate

Yet the world just does not like Persian civilization to stand up and be noted for its achivemets.

Great wonderful achievement by Iran - and its engineer heart warming to see them do so well , hopefully the trade with :china:

Wonderful people great nation - peace loving people that speak out when they see unjust in world true honor

Shafaq.jpg

I think this image is that of the plane called Shafaq which was under development

I don't see what's so hard about making a stealth UCAV. The mathematics and physics have been known since the 60's1 and the only bottleneck was computers.

Iran can easily find powerful enough off-the-shelf computers and CAD software powerful enough to design a stealth shape. Combine this with RAM paint and a few dozen Ph.D.'s or even advanced graduate students and you have your stealth airframe.

Whether it is any good as a fighter who knows but the US would be stupid to discount the possibility.

1. P. Ya. Ufimtsev, Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction, Soviet Radio, Moscow, 1962

Last edited:
To below_freezing

Hello!

Oh yes, Iran is capable of producing AFM Microscope and recently MRI!

ECO NANO / Iran Joins 10 AFM Microscope Manufacturing Countries

However, I know that they're not comparable with Chinese achievements! But you gotta give us some credit bro! We are among the leading countries in the field of stem-cell research! :D Despite all the sanctions we managed to increase our scientific output more than any country in the world! Hell... I couldn't even study in the field I wanted, I wanted biotechnology they offered me computer science!! I know we have lot to learn from China but you gotta be a bit more supportive! :D

Iran showing fastest scientific growth of any country - science-in-society - 18 February 2010 - New Scientist

You are a great nation with great human resource, your people are hardworking and intelligent! You have started sooner and now you're harvesting what you have worked so hard for, I'm familiar with Chinese culture, patriotism is in your blood, throughout history you have been against great odds! You are a united people, therefore you are more focused on your goals, unfortunately My country needs better leaders in order to regain old glories!

I would like to see Iranian 4th gen fighter first.

When you lift the sanctions you gonna see them? But give us some time first!
In another words it will talke long time before we see Iranian 4th gen, if at all. Untill then I dont see a reason to discuss 5th gen.

Impossible for Iran to achieve this. Even China, with aircraft technology 20-30 years ahead of Iran took more than a decade to develop the J-20 with extremely hard work, espionage and engine troubles. Even Japan, with technology and engineers that makes Iran look Stone Age in comparison has not yet flown a prototype stealth fighter, i 1000% doubt that Iran can even build a prototype, let alone fly one stealth fighter prototype for the next 10 years. Iran can't even make a fighter to match the F-15, Su-30 or J-10, let alone a 5th gen stealth fighter.

Iran should stop making BS comments if they want to be taken seriously by any adult.:rofl::rofl:

Impossible for Iran to achieve this. Even China, with aircraft technology 20-30 years ahead of Iran took more than a decade to develop the J-20 with extremely hard work, espionage and engine troubles. Even Japan, with technology and engineers that makes Iran look Stone Age in comparison has not yet flown a prototype stealth fighter, i 1000% doubt that Iran can even build a prototype, let alone fly one stealth fighter prototype for the next 10 years. Iran can't even make a fighter to match the F-15, Su-30 or J-10, let alone a 5th gen stealth fighter.

Iran should stop making BS comments if they want to be taken seriously by any adult.:rofl::rofl:

That's Iran's own business, no need to look them down because they haven't got any experience of building aircraft.

About 50 years ago, China was no better than today's Iran, but who can believe we can reach that far.

Back
Top Bottom