Iran State TV Airs New Footage Of of Hormuz Anti Radiation Missile

Shahryar Hedayati

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Try the video in stop-motion (or just pause/unpause from :54 to :56)... no missile hits the building (in the times previously specified as a later angle does show a missile)! And at :58 to :59 an explosion happens prior to the weapon hitting the target, which isn't uncommon for an anti-radiation missile, but why too does the building get up-heaved? Also, the explosion is far too large for a missile of that size.

@Sinan @rmi5 @F-15I can you see a missile in the video?

Also, please keep in mind I'm not bashing Iran or its accomplishments (I very much respect their military and the professionalism of their Navy in particular), I just want to make sure that all information being presented is accurate... and Iran has had a problem with this in the past.

Last edited:
The easy answer to the first question posed is "who knows?" - it's also the smarta** answer, but the right one. Neither nation puts out full disclosure on their weapons specs.

This missile is useless in the age of advanced AESA ground radars, especially the mobile ones.

And why is U.S still operating this useless missile?

US is using AGM-88 HARM which is an air launched Missile. Its mounted on supersonic jets like F-16s which nullifies the advantage mobile ground radars have of concealment. Moreover AGM-88 has a unique ability of striking target even if the Radar Emitter is turned off!

AESA radars are nowhere near mass use for ground bases and many countries still operate other radars.

I think the number of countries using static radars is shrinking fast.

Moreover AGM-88 has a unique :o: ability of striking target even if the Radar Emitter is turned off!

I think the number of countries using static radars is shrinking fast.

all of ballistic missile have gyro
gyro can stabilize the trajectory of missile , even after missile loosed the target
even Hitler's v-2 can do that;)

all of ballistic missile have gyro
gyro can stabilize the trajectory of missile , even after missile loosed the target
even v-2 can do that:-)

To a limited accuracy. It may be effective against ground stationed radars but not against mobile radars. Countries which have AWACs don't really rely on stationed radars that much.

What is the range of this missile?

Try the video in stop-motion (or just pause/unpause from :54 to :56)... no missile hits the building (in the times previously specified as a later angle does show a missile)! And at :58 to :59 an explosion happens prior to the weapon hitting the target, which isn't uncommon for an anti-radiation missile, but why too does the building get up-heaved? Also, the explosion is far too large for a missile of that size.

@Sinan @rmi5 @F-15I can you see a missile in the video?

Also, please keep in mind I'm not bashing Iran or its accomplishments (I very much respect their military and the professionalism of their Navy in particular), I just want to make sure that all information being presented is accurate... and Iran has had a problem with this in the past.

I watched it frame by frame. I saw no missile in those time intervals

Ship Missile_204208534.jpg

Then:

Ship Missile_204208648.jpg

rang: 300km
accuracy: below 20ft
speed: mach 5
Hormuz 1 Used for Fixed targets (Ground-based radars)
and Hormuz 2 is for moving targets ( hitting radar of ships )
View attachment 150631

That is a Nimitz Class carrier which rolls with aegis class destroyers armed with SM-3 interceptor missiles. The missile may never make to the carrier and the retaliatory strike may be too much for Iran to handle.

Back
Top Bottom