What's new

Iran Stands 10th in World Ranking of Nanoscience Production

Reaction score
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran managed to stand 10th in the world ranking of Nanoscience production in 2012.

The announcement was made by Head of the Human Resources Development Workgroup of Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council Dr. Rezayat during his address to the opening ceremony of the 12th Nanotechnology Graduates Conference.

Stressing that Iran is among the world's most important countries in the field of nanotechnology, Rezayat said, "Iran ranked 12 in the world in the production of Nanoscience by the end of 2011. However, we ranked the 10th rank by the end of May 2012 in the production of Nanoscience by increasing our scientific products. We hope to maintain this stand by the end of this year."

Rezayat explained the path of nanotechnology movement and development since the beginning until now, and continued, "At present, there are more than 14,000 nanotechnology experts in the country. There are also around 90 international filed patents, among which 40% is related to nanotechnology."

He pointed to Iran's achievements in various industrial fields, and added, "There are 154 companies at present in the country, which produce nanotechnology-based products. 28 companies are active in the field of hygiene and treatment, 16 in textile engineering, 25 in building, and 28 in manufacturing equipment."

He elaborated on the future objectives of Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council, and said, "In line with the Development Document, Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council tries to reach the following objectives: improvement of the quality of scientific products, guiding the academic research towards the needs of industries, doubling the amount of financial support for the theses based on the needs of industries, helping the commercialization of technological achievements, and increasing international cooperation."

"We hope that Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council's stimulus supports will focus more on the production of products and on the formation of knowledge-based companies by nanotechnology graduates," he concluded.
Fars News Agency :: Iran Stands 10th in World Ranking of Nanoscience Production

Again? where from they pull this data, where the sun doesn't shine?

Again, where from the data comes and who are the first nine

Well, aren't you interested to know who are ahead and behind Iran? i just cant find it, i guess my google skills are limited

I presume farsnews is very likely to lie/distort, the link you have provided is overall academic output, Iranian rank is 31 so how can Iran be 10th in Nanoscience?

What i did found is this:

http://www.electroiq.com/articles/stm/2010/08/ranking-the-nations.html

original

In what Universe Iran ranked 12th? you have posted a link which cite PressTV

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh the stupidity....

That article was written by Tim Harper, and this is his short introduction Nano and emerging technology investor advisor entrepreneur speaker writer - World Economic Forum, Medical Diagnostics & Sustainable Development, and he's from London, UK.
And we stay constantly in touch via Facebook and Twitter, discussing about major development in the field of Nanotechnology worldwide.

If Tim says so, then i must admit this article is credible.

Back
Top Bottom