What's new

Iran sports thread

Haven't watched Australia in a while, does Jedinak get a game for you?

Yup, but he recently missed a game due to injury from his championship play off and was replaced with Mark Milligan, who done very well so I suppose he has to earn his starting spot again.

What happened to Iraq man? You finished bottom of your group. You should at least be doing better then Jordan and Oman.

I know, in gulf cup 2013 we defeated them all except UAE, but this went wrong lately, coach Zico left, then the team still did good with the coach of the junior team I think because they kept following the same tactics that Zico gave them, now we got a coach that has little influence on the team.
Maybe we can score high in the Asian cup atleast lol.

Yup, but he recently missed a game due to injury from his championship play off and was replaced with Mark Milligan, who done very well so I suppose he has to earn his starting spot again.
Glad to hear that. He's been very good for palace this season, beating Zaha and Murray to player of the season. Bearing in mind Murray got 30 odd goals, that's quite an achievement.
will never forget that 3-1 loss 10 years ago...:cry:
We'll smash you in the ashes though.

I don't believe this.

Iranians play very good.

I have seen quite a few matches.

They are nervous, and they are not presenting any strategy.

They are not opening defense of the koreans.

You have to do many things to open a defence, like you do to open a girl's.........heart. :D
But, they want to just rush the ball into the goal. The Koreans are playing European style where you maintain control of the ball. The Iranians are obviously strong enough to do this, but again they are too nervous.

I pray to Allah swt that Iran wins. Please let us see a miracle Allah.

Good one =) !

Glad to hear that. He's been very good for palace this season, beating Zaha and Murray to player of the season. Bearing in mind Murray got 30 odd goals, that's quite an achievement.
will never forget that 3-1 loss 10 years ago...:cry:
We'll smash you in the ashes though.

Probably, I hope we get England in our group at WC;)

به همه تبريک مي گم

Irans-Amir-Hossein-Sadegh-008.jpg

BBC Sport - 2014 World Cup: Australia, Iran and South Korea qualify for Brazil

Iran and South Korea qualify for 2014 World Cup as Uzbekistan miss out | Football | guardian.co.uk

به اميد فردايي بهتر

Being in Iran you wouldn't know this but the australian coach has been criticised heavily(I mean heavily) for playing old players and not blooding youth, we do have young talent coming through, kruse and oar are both starters playing in Germany.

We have also have rhys Williams, James holland, Thomas rogic, Mathew leckie, Lowry, chris herd, sorata, Eli balbalj, zullo, troisi and more playing in Europe, the coach simply hasn't bothered to use them. I personally think Rogic has big potential, they might not be as good as what Viduka, Kewell and Cahill were but we have talent and the local A-league is starting to produce good local young players.

Also between 2004-05 there was no national competition in Australia which disrupted player development. I think we will see a younger side in brazil, at least I'm hoping so.

Yeah, Kruse and Oar are good youngsters, lets see what happens until next summer. :)

Nice to speak to someone with a bit of knowledge on australian football, I watch almost every A-league game and attend many:)

Practically anybody who knows anything about football knows about Viduka, Kewell etc... They were very high quality players, just a notch below being world class in my opinion.

It's unusual finding a Australian soccer fanatic. It ranks quite low in popularity over there. Below Aussie rules football, rugby league, rugby union, cricket etc...

Yeah, Kruse and Oar are good youngsters, lets see what happens until next summer. :)

Practically anybody who knows anything about football knows about Viduka, Kewell etc... They were very high quality players, just a notch below being world class in my opinion.

It's unusual finding a Australian soccer fanatic. It ranks quite low in popularity over there. Below Aussie rules football, rugby league, rugby union, cricket etc...

It's growing and you could probably say it has overtaken union now, I'm an all round sports fan but I'm most passionate about football(soccer)

:lol:

not keen on both, both teams drop to the ground if a fly touches them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom