What's new

Iran seized two Greek tankers in response of seizure of iranian tanker by USA + Greece.

Beautiful
If Turkey has sanctions on Greece, we can sell them the Greek purchased oil at a discount.
It's interesting that every Iranian here,who has been supportive of me or agreed with my posts or generally has been relatively pro-Greek on many subjects,has turned against us in the blink of an eye over an incident concerning a ship that has more to do with Russia and the war in Ukraine,rather than Iran.

Unbelievable! So quick to turn hostile! 🤔

and gay penniless Greeks
Look who's here to mock.

It's interesting that every Iranian here,who has been supportive of me or agreed with my posts or generally has been relatively pro-Greek on many subjects,has turned against us in the blink of an eye over an incident concerning a ship that has more to do with Russia and the war in Ukraine,rather than Iran.

Unbelievable! So quick to turn hostile! 🤔
I am not hostile to you or Greeks.
I am just reminding you of what exactly happened that made Iran react to it.
Our ship had a technical failure. It requested you to help it under international law but instead you seized it and later transferred the oil to our adversary.

Hence, the incident has everything to do with Iran. It was an Iranian ship that was seized and it was our oil that was transferred to the Americans. Your policies regarding the Ukraine-Russia war is your own concern, but we are not going to let Greece or any other country to steal from us and publicly threaten our maritime rights and interests using such lame excuses that are not acceptable according to the international law.

You seized the tanker even though it had requested your help due to a technical failure.
You let the Americans transfer the oil to another ship (per your claim) on your soil. At the best case scenario, you're a collaborator in their crime.
The ship was suspicious from the get-go. Had changed name recently and was flying a Russian flag. It had a Russian crew. That means it was carrying oil to Russia in violation with the EU sanctions. That meant that the authorities had to seize it. It was stupid of them to try and pass the oil from Europe.

You know how I support Russia and you've seen me countless times supporting Shia and Persians. Don't go nuts all of a sudden because of politicians and their decisions.

ut we are not going to let Greece or any other country to steal from us and publicly threaten our maritime rights and interests using such lame excuses that are not acceptable according to the international law.
Bro,it's actually the Americans who took the oil. They hired a ship and loaded it all there. Read the article.

The ship was suspicious from the get-go. Had changed name recently and was flying a Russian flag. It had a Russian crew. That means it was carrying oil to Russia in violation with the EU sanctions. That meant that the authorities had to seize it. It was stupid of them to try and pass the oil from Europe.

You know how I support Russia and you've seen me countless times supporting Shia and Persians. Don't go nuts all of a sudden because of politicians and their decisions.
Even if so, and we believe everything Greece claims verbatim, your sanctions on Russia does not bare a non-EU member like Iran from its right to trade with Russia. Only a UNSC resolution explicitly asking member states to confiscate sanctioned merchandise could potentially give you such rights and no UNSC resolution has been imposed on trade with the Russian Federation.

I am not going nuts, bro. I'm just saying that Greece is in the wrong in this issue.
Meanwhile, if the problem was EU sanctions, why did you transfer the oil to the Americans? Since when the US is part of the European Union?

Bro,it's actually the Americans who took the oil. They hired a ship and loaded it all there. Read the article.
Why is it a violation with the EU sanctions? Was the tanker not in international water?

Even if so, and we believe everything Greece claims verbatim, your sanctions on Russia does not bare a non-EU member like Iran from its right to trade with Russia. Only a UNSC resolution explicitly asking member states to confiscate sanctioned merchandise could potentially give you such rights and no UNSC resolution has been imposed on trade with the Russian Federation.
From what I read in the articles,the ship was suspicious because of the name change,the Russian flag and the Russian crew. That made it effectively a Russian ship. They held it,then they let it go (I think) and then it changed the flag to Iranian. Then the Americans demanded we stop it because of violations to the sanctions etc. The Coast Guard stopped it,the Americans took all the oil. And fucked our relations. Like always.

Why is it a violation with the EU sanctions? Was the tanker not in international water?
I don't know,let me check

Then the Americans demanded we stop it because of violations to the sanctions etc. The Coast Guard stopped it,the Americans took all the oil. And fucked our relations. Like always.
Exactly. That's all I'm saying. Glad to know that we think the same about the situation.

I don't know,let me check
Actually it was in Greek water due to technique problems. Therefore, I would say Greece acted stupidly. They should claim that distressed ship floating into EU water isn't a violation of sanction. Just help the ship get out of the water, instead of acting (as it appears) on behalf of Americans to punish Russians. Why get yourself into the mess when it is really not your concern, unless Greeks really really want to punish Russians, too?

Actually it was in Greek water due to technique problems. Therefore, I would say Greece acted stupidly. They should claim that distressed ship floating into EU water isn't a violation of sanction. Just help the ship get out of the water, instead of acting (as it appears) on behalf of Americans to punish Russians. Why get yourself into the mess when it is really not your concern, unless Greeks really really want to punish Russians, too?
Because our government somehow thinks we should appease our "allies" and be more American than an Alabama redneck watching NFL while eating KFC.

Because our government somehow thinks we should appease our "allies" and be more American than an Alabama redneck watching NFL while eating KFC.
Well, it gets what it deserves.

That may be the consequence of relying on another country for your own defense. That dependency, sooner or later, would make you lose the ability to think for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom