What's new

Iran science output 4th worldwide in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this report reputable? I know scimago is reputable itself and the website scimagojr has pretty good information regarding bibliometrics and science measuring, but what about scimagolab?

This is what happens when Americans sanction a country. People unite and make a country self sufficient.

Yeah, that is so true. Allama Iqbal would have been pleased to know this. Though he would not have been pleased with us one bit.

Is this report reputable? I know scimago is reputable itself and the website scimagojr has pretty good information regarding bibliometrics and science measuring, but what about scimagolab?

Well it is published by them projecting the current growth into the future. It is not a clairvoyance crystal ball but it is "indicative" of what is to come in future. Of course alot of things could happen and slow the Iran's growth but it is certainly achievable. Iran has almost the same level of population as UK so with correct investment and encouragement of science it is certainly possible.

That will be awesome. :cheers:

We should get more of our people to learn to speak Persian/Farsi, in order to enhance our cooperation in all areas.

Well not that long ago in human history, the scientific language of the world used to be Persian and Chinese. So there you go.

Yeah, that is so true. Allama Iqbal would have been pleased to know this. Though he would not have been pleased with us one bit.

We have to start at the next elections throw out the corrupt and bribed political leaders

Here is the table:

f022di.jpg

We have to start at the next elections throw out the corrupt and bribed political leaders

Hopefully the next government will put more into education, health care and R&D funding. We really can not fool around any more. It is the time to play some catch up game and hopefully exceed our potentials.

@aryan Its not due to american sanctions persians are historically regarded as one of the most scientifically advanced people
anyway good to see india will be at no. 6 we should spend more on R&D
Then hopefully we can do even more better

@aryan Its not due to american sanctions persians are historically regarded as one of the most scientifically advanced people

i agree the sentiment about Iranians. But do not forget that we in Pakistan do have Iranian and Turkish Arab genes as well. Even Benazeer's mother our first female prime minister was Iranian In so far as sanctions are concerned the rule of necessity kicks in mate

Well, that might be the case but certainly the sanctions have helped since it has pushed them to work even harder. 35 years ago when they were the darling of the west, their scientific output was 0.0003% of the world's output with no growth whatsoever. Now they are growing like crazy having the world's fastest growth level and produce almost 1.2% of world's science. These are the same people. Only their environment has changed. Any ways challenging environments always are more productive than the sedentary comforting environs.

It is really good though. I have to congratulate our Iranian brothers and sisters here. I have only once advice for them. Keep your growth rate at least for the next 6 years till 2018. Keep the engines running at full throttle.

Pakistan and China should ignore Americans and do as many joint ventures and share tech with Iran etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom