What's new

Iran Rolls Out National Internet by May

DNS server is nothing but a bank of data
their primary task is to translate human memorable internet address like Pakistan Defence into the corresponding numeric Internet Protocol (IP) addresses like 196.168.2.1
the second principal Internet name space which is used to identify and locate computer systems and resources on the Internet.

Internet is a collection of Intranets assigned with Public route-able Address. The interconnection is handled by several hundred routers connected to Internet. What has been lost in translation is that Iran rolls out national broadband network. A while back Iran reduced the DSL connection speed of every subscriber to 128K meanwhile a contract was awarded to Huwawei for making massive backbone upgrade and routing capabilities. Iran has no international routing hubs which make it depends on its upstream providers to make the interconnections. At peak hours that could become a choke point as well being under sanctions the threat of take out of internet looms overhead all the time. With an efficient local intranet and routing hubs, Iran will be independent to connect with any upstream link even those by satellite.

One of the prime benefit this network will bring to Iran is exhorbant amount of local bandwidth available free of cost. Previously all data exchange would be required to reach the upstream routing hub which caused upstream charges to be levied also on local data exchange.

We had this problem in Saudi Arabia until 2008, when you could be sending a file to your friend over MSN located in the next building but the actual data exchange would require travel to upstream routing hub located in Bahrain, Dubai or Italy!

Really dont understand how does routing comes into the picture ? I am talking in context of DNS servers, how come there DNS servers will resolve the queries for sites or domain other than iranians or vice versa when you wont have Iranians machines host records in top level domains or Iranians machine records on other ISP's other than Iranians ?

I guess this is the least we should do to protect ourselves against Patriot Act. Lol

But we also need "safe" editions of all popular software. Otherwise this network is again susceptible to being riddled by back doors.
This is 'possible' thanks to Open Source stuff, but still a huge task.

Most importantly we need a trusted security company in charge of keeping the network clean from spywares, Trojan horses, etc.
We must be leaving on the Moon to believe that Norton, McAfee are as innocent as they want us to believe.
(Kaspersky is Russian btw, but can we trust the "KGB"?)

If I'm not wrong these DNS Servers and root servers propagate each other other wise it was not possible for them to work with each other

Really dont understand how does routing comes into the picture ? I am talking in context of DNS servers, how come there DNS servers will resolve the queries for sites or domain other than iranians or vice versa when you wont have Iranians machines host records in top level domains or Iranians machine records on other ISP's other than Iranians ?

Iranian DNS servers would reroute all traffic with foreign countries as needed.

From Iran -> abroad its automatic, since employs current international system.

From abroad -> Iran, it will be trickier, if US will refuse to acknowledge Iran's independent DNS. In that case Iran would use two internets, current as it is, and local.

Sina said:
leaving on the Moon

Well, one must have been living on the Moon to be able to leave it. So I was technically correct. lol

_________
I am using Opera and it doesn't allow me to edit my posts on PDF. don't know what's wrong. :/

Iranian DNS servers would reroute all traffic with foreign countries as needed.

From Iran -> abroad its automatic, since employs current international system.

From abroad -> Iran, it will be trickier, if US will refuse to acknowledge Iran's independent DNS. In that case Iran would use two internets, current as it is, and local.

US does not need to acknowledge Iran DNS unless it is trying to operate a root level DNS which i doubt because until now there are only 14 root level DNS, all of them based in USA and few in Europe.

I guess this is the least we should do to protect ourselves against Patriot Act. Lol

But we also need "safe" editions of all popular software. Otherwise this network is again susceptible to being riddled by back doors.
This is 'possible' thanks to Open Source stuff, but still a huge task.

Most importantly we need a trusted security company in charge of keeping the network clean from spywares, Trojan horses, etc.
We must be leaving on the Moon to believe that Norton, McAfee are as innocent as they want us to believe.
(Kaspersky is Russian btw, but can we trust the "KGB"?)

There are many open source anti--virus especually for the nix community and those OS are built like rock. Wonder by US backed Microsoft because its an easy access into millions of house holds..just use Secure Unix, a canadian flavour of Unix with encryption and if configured properly even by a teenager, it is hard to break.

Well, one must have been living on the Moon to be able to leave it. So I was technically correct. lol

_________
I am using Opera and it doesn't allow me to edit my posts on PDF. don't know what's wrong. :/
Use Google Chrome.Though i was a great fan of Opera once,but now I've fallen for Chrome.

Somebozo said:
There are many open source anti--virus especually for the nix community and those OS are built like rock. Wonder by US backed Microsoft because its an easy access into millions of house holds..just use Secure Unix, a canadian flavour of Unix with encryption and if configured properly even by a teenager, it is hard to break.

But you never know what's being downloaded when your OS is "Updating" itself.
It might be downloading a specially crafted patch that puts back door or kill switch on all machines with IP's in Iran.

To counter this, we should pick a clean version of the OS and branch out our own secure/trusted version. Nothing else will do.
This needs a group of very talented programmers to lift it from there.
Same goes for any other piece of critical software.

Hi to all guys! i heard about this news about iran national net in may few days ago...i want to ask a question: i use to chat with an iranian girl with yahoo messenger (i'm from italy) for you, in may, when the iranian government will launch his own national net, yahoo messenger will be closed completely? i wont be able to chat with my friend anymore?

thank you in advance for your answers.

Hi to all guys! i heard about this news about iran national net in may few days ago...i want to ask a question: i use to chat with an iranian girl with yahoo messenger (i'm from italy) for you, in may, when the iranian government will launch his own national net, yahoo messenger will be closed completely? i wont be able to chat with my friend anymore?

The internet will still be there and you will be able to chat. This is just a back up internet for inside Iran so that if ever US goes to war with them then they have a back up in case of a cyber war against them. A kind of internal network. And you can also always use Iranian chat systems, that is if a war does get underway which is very unlikely.

Don't listen to propaganda , internet means internet!!!

Relax dude love is eternal and will not vanish without internet.:smitten:

Just kidding,Internet will still be there.don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom