What's new

Iran ranks 5th in world key research, 2nd in growth of science

They couldn't have done that in 2009 either, and yet our growth rate was 1st in the world and 11 times faster than the average.

And who told you that Iranians can't pay for international services? There are tens of online services for paying your submission and article processing fees. So, that's really a lame excuse. Not to mention that many subscription-based journals are completely free of charge and there are even many open-access journals that are free of charge too. And just to correct you, top journals usually don't charge any fees at all, at least in many majors that I am aware of.

Dude your just trying to find excuses to hate Rouhani. Yeah we get it, his administration has not been successful. However you cannot blame everything on Rouhani. Iran is isolated because Iran is not willing to be a slave, so it really doesn't matter who is leading Iran, west and east will always want to keep Iran weak.

Please point me to one of these services! I was honestly not aware of it. Naturally it should become more expensive but at least that is a way to avoid the sanctions.

In terms of payment, from my experience, the top journals (nature being best and most expensive) take payment from the authors AND/OR the reader. Many top notch open access journals (who don't charge the readers) take tons more payment from the authors to cover their cost. I am personally not aware of truly top journals with high rankning who are truly free. Again please point me to those if that is the case.

Dude your just trying to find excuses to hate Rouhani. Yeah we get it, his administration has not been successful. However you cannot blame everything on Rouhani. Iran is isolated because Iran is not willing to be a slave, so it really doesn't matter who is leading Iran, west and east will always want to keep Iran weak.

Please point me to one of these services! I was honestly not aware of it. Naturally it should become more expensive but at least that is a way to avoid the sanctions.

In terms of payment, from my experience, the top journals (nature being best and most expensive) take payment from the authors AND/OR the reader. Many top notch open access journals (who don't charge the readers) take tons more payment from the authors to cover their cost. I am personally not aware of truly top journals with high rankning who are truly free. Again please point me to those if that is the case.

Dude, why do you think I am criticizing his administration because I hate him? For the record, I do hate him, but Rouhani installed General Sattari's son (Surena Sattari) as the Head of the Vice Presidency for Science and Technology. Surena Sattari said that he did not believe in academic publishing and he believed that Iran should instead invest in innovation and patents. He was very critical of Ahmadinejad's policy in promoting academic publishing. 7 years later, not only Iran has lost its status in academic publishing, our number of patents and innovations hasn't changed much, even less than how much it changed during Ahmadinejad's presidency. So, it's about facts rather than hating Rouhani.

Check https://www.sharifvisa.ir for example. There are many other services like them. If anything, transferring money from Iran to foreign countries has become easier than 2009.

Usually academic journals have two methods of running the journal: 1- subscription based journals try to cover the costs of running it by charging the readers, 2- open access journals charge the authors because their articles will be disseminated to a wider audience than a subscription journal.

Most reputable journals prefer the first system, and try to avoid charging the authors unless in special cases like when the article has too many pages, or the authors require additional hard copies of the journal, or when the quality of publishing matters in disciplines like astronomy, etc. Iran itself has over 100 journals in Scopus, of which about 90% are open-access journals that do not charge the authors for anything. Iran has about 100 journals in Web of Science as well (mostly in SCIE and ESCI). Again, most of those journals are open-access journals that do not charge their authors.

Iran used to have the world's fastest growth of scientific publications before the Rouhani administration (11 times faster than the world's average). So, not only this is not a good news, but it shows how little Rouhani has done for the growth of science in Iran.
من یک جور دیگه این را میبینم
اون سریعترین رشد علمی بر اساس تعداد مقالات چاپ شده بود ولی اصلا به این توجه نکرده بود که ارزش اون مقالات چقدر هستند و اصلا کسی به اون مقالات توی تحقیقش اشاره کرده ؟

من یک جور دیگه این را میبینم
اون سریعترین رشد علمی بر اساس تعداد مقالات چاپ شده بود ولی اصلا به این توجه نکرده بود که ارزش اون مقالات چقدر هستند و اصلا کسی به اون مقالات توی تحقیقش اشاره کرده ؟
داستان اینجاست که از نظر شاخص هرش هم رشدمون کمتر از گذشته شده و حتی از عربستان که پیش بودیم پس افتادیم

پژوهش اون هم در کشوری مانند ایران که همه چیز گرون هست و پول ملی ارزش کمتر از پهن رو داره و هیأت علمی دستمزد بالایی نمی گیره و دانشجوی تحصیلات تکمیلی هم بهش کمکی نمی کنند (مگه بنیاد ملی نخبگان که اون هم کمک اش کوتاه مدت و با شرایط ویژه هست) انجام پژوهش، جمع آوری داده و نوشتن مقاله کمک دولتی می خواد وگرنه نمی شه انجام داد. وقتی دولتی بر می گرده می گه مقاله چاپ کردن به درد نمی خوره، دیگه داستان خودش رو مشخص کرده دیگه

تازه فقط این نیست. خیلی از طرح های ملی زمان احمدی نژاد سالیان سال هست داره خاک می خوره. از راه اندازی شتابدهنده ذرات با انرژی گیگا الکترون ولت برای فیزیک ذرات بنیادی بگیر تا تلسکوپ های ستاره شناسی و هزارتا چیز دیگه

با این وجود اگه این مدت جاش اختراعات و نوآوری های زیادی ثبت شده بود، خیلی خوب بود و جای تقدیر داشت و می ارزید. اگه تو ثبت اختراع جز 50 کشور اول هم شده بودیم، جای قدردانی داشت. یا حتی همین دانشگاه نسل سوم و چهارم رو که می گن اگه راه انداخته بودن خیلی خوب بود و عالی کار کرده بودن. اما بدبختی اینجاست که تو هیچ کدوم موفق نبودن. هیچ کدوم از شتاب دهنده های دانشگاهی در راه اندازی استارتاپ های نوآورانه و های-تک خوب کار نکردن یا دست کم تو این 7 سال ثمره ای ازشون ندیدیم. شاید در آینده ببینیم​

دوستان همه ما اینجا احتمالا صاحب مقاله و پتنت در داخل و خارج هستیم

نظر کلی من اینه
باید شاشید توی نود درصد مقالات و پتنت ها

چیزی که مهمه ساخت محصولی است که خریدار داشته باشه
بتونین چن تا رو استخدام کنین
دست چن تا رو بگیرین
کارافرین بشین
و زن و بچه مردم رو هم سیر کنین
مقاله هم کنارش در میاد که مهم نیست

حالا ممکنه بگین سرمایه اولیه میخواد ولی بیشتر اراده میخواد نه سرمایه
خیلی ها بی سرمایه رشد کردند

بهترین و باهوش ترین های ما نفر اول المپیاد و کنکور نیستن
مقاله و سایتیشن زیاد ندارن

بهترینها کارافرین اند
محصول دارن​

Last edited:
دوستان همه ما اینجا احتمالا صاحب مقاله و پتنت در داخل و خارج هستیم

نظر کلی من اینه
باید شاشید توی نود درصد مقالات و پتنت ها

چیزی که مهمه ساخت محصولی است که خریدار داشته باشه
بتونین چن تا رو استخدام کنین
دست چن تا رو بگیرین
کارافرین بشین
و زن و بچه مردم رو هم سیر کنین
مقاله هم کنارش در میاد که مهم نیست

حالا ممکنه بگین سرمایه اولیه میخواد ولی بیشتر اراده میخواد نه سرمایه
خیلی ها بی سرمایه رشد کردند

بهترین و باهوش ترین های ما نفر اول المپیاد و کنکور نیستن
مقاله و سایتیشن زیاد ندارن

بهترینها کارافرین اند
محصول دارن​
شما دارین با نگاه مهندسی حرف می زنید
رشته هایی مثل علوم ریاضی، علوم کامپیوتر، علوم سیاسی، اقتصاد، فیزیک نظری، شیمی نظری، علوم اجتماعی و روانشناسی و ... که پایه ای ترین نیازهای یک کشور هستند که نمی تونند برن محصول تولید کنند بفروشند مگه اینکه تغییر رشته بدن که در اون صورت کشور تا آخر عمر درجا می زنه. حتی رشته های مهندسی هم بیشتر پژوهش درجه یکشون تو دانشگاه ها انجام می شه و حاصل اش مقاله هست

تو همون مهندسی هم تازه حرف شما اشتباه هست به نظرم. چطوری مثلاً یه نفر می تونه تو بیوتک بدون سرمایه رشد کنه؟ محصول ساختن تو بیوتکنولوژی یا علوم شناختی نیازمند سرمایه گذاری چند صد میلیونی در کمترین حالت برای شروع هست. مگه می شه بدون کارهای آزمایشگاهی یک محصول داد بیرون؟
خود کنترل کیفیت و تضمین کیفیت یک محصول بسیار هزینه بر هست برای خیلی از رشته ها
شما اراده داشته باش، وقتی یک میلیارد پول برای شروع نداری چی کار می خوای بکنی؟ تازه الان که واقعاً یک میلیارد تومن پول خورد شده. زیر 10 میلیارد تومن واقعاً ارزشی تو ایران نداره دیگه

بانک ها هنوز دارن وام های 100 میلیونی و اینها می دن. 100 میلیون حقوق یک نفر متخصص در سال رو پوشش می ده. وقتی حداقل حقوق 3 میلیون هست، یعنی حتی 3 نفر رو هم نمی تونی باهاش سیر کنی، حتی اگه خودت حقوقی نگیری. چطوری می خوای کسی رو استخدام کنی تا پروژه رو ببری جلو؟

شما یک سر برو پارک های فناوری و استارتاپ ها ببین دارن رو چه چیزهایی کار می کنند، خودت به حرف من می رسی. تو استارتاپ های نرم افزاری که کمترین هزینه راه اندازی رو می خوان، بیشتر ایده ها چیزهای خیلی خیلی پیش پا افتاده ای هستند که از نظر نرم افزاری هیچ ژرفایی ندارن. تازه وضعمون تو استارتاپ های نرم افزاری بهتر هست

کاری که مثلاً امثال جنیفر دودنا به خاطرش جایزه نوبل گرفت (روش ویرایش ژن کریسپآر) به یک میلیون محصولی که هر کدوم 1000 نفر رو استخدام کنند می ارزه. دستاورد بزرگی هست که آینده ویرایش ژن رو تغییر می ده و کلاً دنیا رو دگرگون می کنه
اعتباری که یه کسی مثل مریم میرزاخانی برای کشور به دست آورد و اعتماد به نفسی که به جامعه علمی ایران داد بیشتر از ساخت موتور تک-کریستال یا موشک حاج قاسم بود​

As the world without america, Iran will become a developed country.

Islam is the religion of Arabs and not suited for the modern era. It needs a reform. Putting women behind burkas only retards half the population. Iran and Turkey, the only powerful non-Arab hybrid "Muslim" states has always had emancipated women and progressive civil societies. A theocracy of any kind has no place in the modern world.
People like you think that the days of the shah were of milk and honey. Children like you don't know history.

Go read how the shahs regime forced Iran to become more western and secular and uprooted towns and villages and nomadic people in order to force them to follow his vision.

Forcing people to be secular is A okay but having them be religious and NO NO

Back
Top Bottom