What's new

Iran ranks 1st in intl. Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics

Serpentine

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
7ac0b084-dccb-4ebe-af38-8bdb30daa70c.jpg

The gold medalists of the 9th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics held in Semarang, Indonesia, August 3, 2015 (IOAA)

By Fatih Karimov – Trend: Iranian students ranked first in the 9th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics, which was held from 26 July to 4 August in Semarang, Indonesia.

The Iranian team won 3 gold medals, 4 silver medals and 3 bronze medals, IRNA news agency reported on August 4.

The 9th International Olympiad of Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) was held with the participation of 41 countries.

In the previous edition of the event, Iran ranked second with 3 gold medals and 2 silver medals.

IOAA is an annual event for high achieving high school students from all around the world.

Established in Thailand 2006, it was initiated by five countries including Iran, Thailand, Indonesia, China and Poland with the aim to proliferate Astronomy among high school students. Iran hosted IOAA in 2009.

7ac0b084-dccb-4ebe-af38-8bdb30daa70c.jpg

The gold medalists of the 9th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics held in Semarang, Indonesia, August 3, 2015 (IOAA)

By Fatih Karimov – Trend: Iranian students ranked first in the 9th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics, which was held from 26 July to 4 August in Semarang, Indonesia.

The Iranian team won 3 gold medals, 4 silver medals and 3 bronze medals, IRNA news agency reported on August 4.

The 9th International Olympiad of Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) was held with the participation of 41 countries.

In the previous edition of the event, Iran ranked second with 3 gold medals and 2 silver medals.

IOAA is an annual event for high achieving high school students from all around the world.

Established in Thailand 2006, it was initiated by five countries including Iran, Thailand, Indonesia, China and Poland with the aim to proliferate Astronomy among high school students. Iran hosted IOAA in 2009.

What is an Astronomy Olympiad! I have never seen their question! (Women from Venus, Men from Mars ) type of questions or serious ones?! Anyway congrat to them! That is remarkable!

What is an Astronomy Olympiad! I have never seen their question! (Women from Venus, Men from Mars ) type of questions or serious ones?! Anyway congrat to them! That is remarkable!
Its something like divination class in hogwart institute of wizardry and witchcraft.

Well not completely they ask them something that you can't answer unless you understand these textbooks.
Science Olympiad Blog: Astronomy Olympiad: Preparation

Bro, do you ever do anything beside whining?

Instead of sitting at home and typing with keyborad, go do something so these kids won't go to other countries. If they choose to, it'll be because of pathetic management of resources by the very same system you die for.
these Olympiads have only one goal and that's identifying the brains in other countries for free. that's it. nothing more, no more goal, nothing, tell me if you know some thing.
so regardless of the performance of our system, I will never support such events.
meanwhile wile you are bragging about your countrymen and calling me whinning, Americans are collecting their prize!
good for them!

and about doing something for these kids, all I can do is to criticize the government (who suspends their research projects) in this forum which nobody care about these incidents as long as it's against their hero Rohani!

Last edited:
these Olympiads have only one goal and that's identifying the brains in other countries for free. that's it. nothing more, no more goal, nothing, tell me if you know some thing.
so regardless of the performance of our system, I will never support such events.
meanwhile wile you are bragging about your countrymen and calling me whinning, Americans are collecting their prize!
good for them!

and about doing something for these kids, all I can do is to criticize the government (who suspends their research projects) in this forum which nobody care about these incidents as long as it's against their hero Rohani!
!گلام جان خیلی بدبینی
Translation: Dear Gelam, why so pessimistic?!

Gelam was a character in Gulliver Cartoon always talking of worst case scenarios! I think he was half engineer!

Bro, do you ever do anything beside whining?

Instead of sitting at home and typing with keyborad, go do something so these kids won't go to other countries. If they choose to, it'll be because of pathetic management of resources by the very same system you die for.
If they leave, we should bring them back. There should be some initiatives to connect Iranian expatriates to Iranian companies. And of course it should be attractive for them. This problem could be fixed by our "great" managers and politicians, if they want to. Therefore they should believe in power and will of Iran.

If they leave, we should bring them back. There should be some initiatives to connect Iranian expatriates to Iranian companies. And of course it should be attractive for them. This problem could be fixed by our "great" managers and politicians, if they want to. Therefore they should believe in power and will of Iran.
That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. If a person is successful in the West, why would they pack their things up and go back to Iran? For patriotism? Money? Success?

After being forced to leave due to crippling conditions and having found a new place to call home, patriotism is limited to watching Team Melli play from time to time. Money? They're already making more in the West. Success? They already have that in the West and they'd destroy any chance of future growth by going to Iran and having that on the CV.

Conditions have to truly change before migration patterns change. Gohsen has a point here. These boys and girls will end up in the US very soon. American universities are to research jobs as oil is to Sandy Arabia. Basically if you want to do research, there's only one place to be in: USA. On top of that their decisions become simple when the conditions in Iran are so laughably bad.

That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. If a person is successful in the West, why would they pack their things up and go back to Iran? For patriotism? Money? Success?

After being forced to leave due to crippling conditions and having found a new place to call home, patriotism is limited to watching Team Melli play from time to time. Money? They're already making more in the West. Success? They already have that in the West and they'd destroy any chance of future growth by going to Iran and having that on the CV.

Conditions have to truly change before migration patterns change. Gohsen has a point here. These boys and girls will end up in the US very soon. American universities are to research jobs as oil is to Sandy Arabia. Basically if you want to do research, there's only one place to be in: USA. On top of that their decisions become simple when the conditions in Iran are so laughably bad.
There have been people who went back or who are going back for any reason (patriotism, profit).
The market in Iran has enough space for growth, here in west not so much anymore.
I'm not talking about working and CV, but about investments by businessmen and exporting of know-how by Iranian community. Let them go to USA and bring the technology back. I know Iranians in Netherlands who are selling special products to Iran, they have started their own companies.
Boycotting everything will not change the conditions. If you want bring change start by yourself, if everyone talks about change nothing will change.

There have been people who went back or who are going back for any reason (patriotism, profit).
The market in Iran has enough space for growth, here in west not so much anymore.
I'm not talking about working and CV, but about investments by businessmen and exporting of know-how by Iranian community. Let them go to USA and bring the technology back. I know Iranians in Netherlands who are selling special products to Iran, they have started their own companies.
Boycotting everything will not change the conditions. If you want bring change start by yourself, if everyone talks about change nothing will change.
Losing millions and gaining 5 people is still a net loss in the tune of millions. Random individuals go back, but those are too few in numbers and not the type of people that Iran needs. Iran needs middle managers and top managers with actual know-how when it comes to running operations and companies. The type that goes back is the type that wants to make a quick buck through an investment and live the typical hands off investor lifestyle that most people desire. What good is that? I'd go back to Iran if I had 10 million USD just sitting there waiting to be invested somewhere. We're talking about the average Joe with operational know how. Skilled professionals in manufacturing etc... Those types. In Iran everybody is a dalal, the country doesn't need to import more.

Back
Top Bottom