What's new

Iran plans 'Islamic Google Earth'

What is wrong with making your own stuff?

Sure, you could just use Google, even I do sometimes. But that's an American company, not a localized one.

In China we have domestic alternatives to all these services, such as Baidu. We even have our own GPS satellite network called Beidou.

If you can make things yourself then why not?

Sure, you could just use Google, even I do sometimes. But that's an American company, not a localized one.

In China we have domestic alternatives to all these services, such as Baidu. We even have our own GPS satellite network called Beidou.

India has an import-king mentality in which homegrown initiatives are shunned in favor of shiny foreign manufactures. It was fed to them during the British Raj years in which they were highly discouraged from making their own textiles, but instead to import British ones instead, and this mentality has never really been shed.

because the stupidity they are trying to pass is not localized to them- like it is to you. although just another circus claim from Iran, it was about an Islamic Google and not an " Iranian Google" . What you guys did is for only local consumption I presume.

There is nothing wrong with making your own stuff. However , it's stupid when you make new stuff just for the sake of religion. LOL , "Islamic google earth" . What's next? Islamic pencil , pen , contraceptives , islamic semiconductors etc . How is making stuff that's already out there causing any benefit to the world?

I like the Chinese (and even Japanese) mentality of preferring your own goods to that of foreigners.

A good example is the xbox 360 being the most successful console in Europe and America, yet it hardly made a dent in the Japanese industry as most Japanese preferred to buy the local Sony PS3.

I like the Chinese (and even Japanese) mentality of preferring your own goods to that of foreigners.

A good example is the xbox 360 being the most successful console in Europe and America, yet it hardly made a dent in the Japanese industry as most Japanese preferred to buy the local Sony PS3.

Another example is Lenovo, which is now the number 1 top PC manufacturer on Earth:

BBC News - Lenovo ousts HP as world's top PC maker

Why? Because Lenovo concentrated on the home market first, in China. With such a big population, it would be a shame to lose our customers to Western companies like Dell or HP.

@Chinese-Dragon

It is a matter of redundancy and uselessness of such a move.Google earth is a mapping software and no country would achieve anything by replicating a map storehouse.

Iran if want to make anything Islamic should work toward Islamic GPS which even though redundant, serves an strategic purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
India has an import-king mentality in which homegrown initiatives are shunned in favor of shiny foreign manufactures. It was fed to them during the British Raj years in which they were highly discouraged from making their own textiles, but instead to import British ones instead, and this mentality has never really been shed.

India too have an advanced Space Program. Tell me about chinese initiative, like manufacturing some phone identical to NOKIA and selling it as NOKLA. :cheesy: Once I talked to an Western guy living in Shanghai, his words " China don't have a modern culture of her own.

India too have an advanced Space Program. Tell me about chinese initiative, like manufacturing some phone identical to NOKIA and selling it as NOKLA. :cheesy: Once I talked to an Western guy living in Shanghai, his words " China don't have a modern culture of her own.

ohh, Raphael is right, you really need your western master tell you everything, can you make a conclusion of your own?

and whenever an Indian says something like: my friend told me... , a Chinese guy told me .... , a western guy said....., then I know he is a liar (90%).

back to topic: do you indians have to poke your nose anywhere? it is really not your business, and it won't cause any problem to you.

This islamic Google Earth will be same as the normal Google minus the Street View pictures we saw yesterday! @JonAsad @Imran Khan

Last edited by a moderator:
ohh, Raphael is right, you really need your western master tell you everything, can you make a conclusion of your own?

and whenever an Indian says something like: my friend told me... , a Chinese guy told me .... , a western guy said....., then I know he is a liar (90%).

back to topic: do you indians have to poke your nose anywhere? it is really not your business, and it won't cause any problem to you.

Western masters. :woot: Chinese are known to be most wanna be Americans. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom