What's new

Iran-Pakistan Pipeline: News & Discussions

We can go for TAPI after IP. No need for your energy better give it to your people first.
O boy, can't we have discussion which won't be based on these petty fights. IP is more controversial that's why I mentioned about it. TAPI is more problematic due to security issues.

You are a senior member and I like many of your posts. Keep this "give it to your people" arguments away at certain discussions. We can play these word games on less interesting threads.

O boy, can't we have discussion which won't be based on these petty fights. IP is more controversial that's why I mentioned about it. TAPI is more problematic due to security issues.

You are a senior member and I like many of your posts. Keep this "give it to your people" arguments away at certain discussions. We can play these word games on less interesting threads.

Charity begins at home.

Yes, unfortunately you have only had democracy has been present only half the time in Pakistan. Your dictator Zia, Islamised your society, promoted jehad, opened more madrassa's than schools, did not control content being taught at madrassa's either. Had school books teach hate - that Muslims are superior and other religions are not. Your nation has flirted extensively with the most extremist of Islamic policies.

And that is why today, you persecute Ahmadis, Shias and other religious groups as well. It isnt a secret that Pakistani society is radicalized.

You have too much of an Internet education you honestly know nothing, the militant extremist are often foreigners like the TTP, the religious extremist are a small segment of the population. Besides give your Pakistan obsession a rest nobody here really cares what you someone whose not Pakistani to say about Pakistani society. About textbooks have you ever read any? No, again your Internet education at play here, you're just like that bast Fareed Zakaria on CNN you think because you have read articles about Pakistan that your now an expert on Pakistan.

Had school books teach hate - that Muslims are superior and other religions are not

Teaching Muslims are superior isn't hatred, it is supremacism though. Do you not know the difference?

You have too much of an Internet education you honestly know nothing, the militant extremist are often foreigners like the TTP, the religious extremist are a small segment of the population. Besides give your Pakistan obsession a rest nobody here really cares what you someone whose not Pakistani to say about Pakistani society. About textbooks have you ever read any? No, again your Internet education at play here, you're just like that bast Fareed Zakaria on CNN you think because you have read articles about Pakistan that your now an expert on Pakistan.

Teaching Muslims are superior isn't hatred, it is supremacism though. Do you not know the difference?
He is the type of Indian usually found on NYTimes or WSJ Comments section whenever article about Pakistan is posted. Overly obsessed with Pakistan.

So none of you commented on the what i wrote. It was more of 'who wrote it'. Brilliant.

Btw AUz, the Malala attackers were foreigners right? Definitely not Pakistani? Specially the spokesman who said it? Or the killers of Tasseer?

And supremacy is one aspect. If YOU have bothered to read about the books used to teach in school, they are also derogatory to other religions. Its self feeding.

He is the type of Indian usually found on NYTimes or WSJ Comments section whenever article about Pakistan is posted. Overly obsessed with Pakistan.

Excuse me for being overly obsessed with Pakistan. Indians often tend to be at the receiving end of Pakistani's citizens exploding spontaneously or opening automatic rifles in public places.

How exactly Iran planned tp get paid for its gas?
If there is no way than believeing in 500million stunt is like living in fools paradise or some one please explain how to pay for the eventual gas?

So none of you commented on the what i wrote. It was more of 'who wrote it'. Brilliant.

Btw AUz, the Malala attackers were foreigners right? Definitely not Pakistani? Specially the spokesman who said it? Or the killers of Tasseer?

And supremacy is one aspect. If YOU have bothered to read about the books used to teach in school, they are also derogatory to other religions. Its self feeding.

Excuse me for being overly obsessed with Pakistan. Indians often tend to be at the receiving end of Pakistani's citizens exploding spontaneously or opening automatic rifles in public places.

We didn't bother to comment on what you wrote for the most part because what you wrote is typical Indian rubbish, and seriously give your Pakistani obsession a rest, you probably think about us in your sleep.

Iran to give US$500 million to Pak for gas pipeline project

Islamabad, Tue Nov 20 2012,

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is expected to sign an Inter-Governmental Cooperation Agreement during his upcoming visit to Islamabad under which Tehran will provide Pakistan US$500 million for a bilateral gas pipeline project.

Iran plans to extend financial and technical assistance for laying the Pakistan section of the proposed gas pipeline, official sources said.

The agreement will be signed on the margins of Ahmadinejad's visit to Pakistan to attend the Developing Eight Summit.

The Iranian government will provide a loan of US$250 to Pakistan and another US$250 million will be arranged through Iranian commercial banks for engineering, procurement and construction of the Iran-Pakistan pipeline, the sources said.

According to a plan proposed by Tehran, Pakistani and Iranian companies will form a joint venture to lay the pipeline.

Earlier, China and Russia had shown interest in financing and building the pipeline if their companies were awarded contracts without bidding.

The US, which has imposed wide-ranging sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programme, has been pushing Pakistan to abandon the gas pipeline project.

Iran to give US$500 million to Pak for gas pipeline project - Indian Express

Good for the people.

this is from the indian sources can really say that if its true or not

"How exactly Iran planned to get paid for its gas?"

Frankly, it is a longterm investment by Iran and they must know they will not recoup this money anytime soon. But when you have millions of cubic feet of Natural Gas with no buyers (because of sanctions), it makes perfect sense to build such mega-transnational energy pipelines to show the market that you are a serious player\supplier.

Also, getting Pakistan to wean off Saudis and play ball with Iranians will be a strategic gain for Iran.

For Pakistan there is an added bonus with this 500 million investment- less capital investment in a project with high risks. That is, if Pakistan is forced/induced to abandon the project in the near term by US with a change of heart by Mr Obama, with a more lucrative offer; then Pakistan would have only lost 250 millions. And if Pakistan is smart enough to build it & then "abandon" it, there is always a possibility of re-starting the project down the road- in future Natural Gas prices are expected to fall.

"How exactly Iran planned to get paid for its gas?"

Frankly, it is a longterm investment by Iran and they must know they will not recoup this money anytime soon. But when you have millions of cubic feet of Natural Gas with no buyers (because of sanctions), it makes perfect sense to build such mega-transnational energy pipelines to show the market that you are a serious player\supplier.

Also, getting Pakistan to wean off Saudis and play ball with Iranians will be a strategic gain for Iran.

For Pakistan there is an added bonus with this 500 million investment- less capital investment in a project with high risks. That is, if Pakistan is forced/induced to abandon the project in the near term by US with a change of heart by Mr Obama, with a more lucrative offer; then Pakistan would have only lost 250 millions. And if Pakistan is smart enough to build it & then "abandon" it, there is always a possibility of re-starting the project down the road- in future Natural Gas prices are expected to fall.

Still dost answer my question! With longterm do you mean Iran would wait for sanctions removal? How can Obama ask Pakistan not to buy Iranian gas , when there are no hindrance in transactions ? How many times in past Pakistan has .backed off its financial commitments? This pipe line when started Pakistan was only a transit state while gas was destined for India. Iran can just free one tradesman who is captured by Iran regime along with his rice... this is current Iranian state of affairs and u want me to believe 500 million investment in Pakistan by Iran regime.

It still dost make sense.

Let me correct my statement. Pakistan OUGHT to act in her best interests ....................

Yes, but "ought" is way short of "did".

be confident, choose your side.....Stand by your conviction, stand by your word. Keep your faith in God. That's it. ............

That is it, but it has not happened till now, so your "true story" is not.

Back
Top Bottom