What's new

Iran, Pakistan discuss cooperation on CPEC projects:Iranian Ambassador meets CPEC Chairman

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran, Pakistan discuss cooperation on CPEC projects
20 MINS AGO BY INP
Iran-Pakistan-discuss-cooperation-on-CPEC-projects.gif

Soon after Iran’s willingness and capacities to participate in different projects of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was raised in a recent meeting between President Rouahni of Iran and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in New York, Iran’s envoy to Pakistan has begun paving the way for Iran to play its active role in CPEC.

In a meeting between Iran Ambassador to Islamabad Mehdi Honardoost and CPEC Projects Director Zahir Shah, both sides discussed those fields and areas in which Iran would be able to participate and play a role in completing the biggest ever joint economic project between Pakistan and China; a project that Pakistan has also asked Iran to join while completed.

Read more: CPEC to bring economic revolution in Pakistan: PM Nawaz

Iran’s different private sectors have huge capabilities in different fields including technical, engineering, energy projects, road and construction, building energy transmission line and are fully prepared to participate in different projects of CPEC, said Ambassador Honardoost.

The ambassador also stressed that Iran is ready to meet the energy needs of Pakistan including natural gas and electricity, which is crucially important for Pakistan to move faster on completion of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor. In the meeting, ‘Zahir Shah’ praised Iran’s willingness and readiness to participate in the projects of CPEC and emphasised the importance of cooperation between Iran and Pakistan in different fields.

“China-Pakistan Economic Corridor should be extended to Iran,” Zahir Shah said.
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...akistan-discuss-cooperation-on-cpec-projects/

Back when I used to tell Indians that you are betting on the wrong horse (Iran), they didn't believe me.

Perhaps they have a different definition of coffee.

Back when I used to tell Indians that you are betting on the wrong horse (Iran), they didn't believe me.

Everything has a different definition in India:lol:
On topic... CPEC is a game changer in the region so its only wise for neighboring countries to show interest in it.

When Balochistan itself can produce enough gas to feul whole Pakistan why go somewhere else??

Iran is not Afghanistan. They are a mature and strong country that will not sell itself to India for a few million or even billion dollars. Iran knows that they can earn that amount money within a year from trade and gas-pipeline via CPEC and Pakistan. They will decide whatever is in their best interest and they are not idiots like NDS and puppet Afghan govt

Iran is not Afghanistan. They are a mature and strong country that will not sell itself to India for a few million or even billion dollars. Iran knows that they can earn that amount money within a year from trade and gas-pipeline via CPEC and Pakistan. They will decide whatever is in their best interest and they are not idiots like NDS and puppet Afghan govt

Afghanistan is not idiot either.
They too will come to Pakistan.
India needs to learn a lot about geopolitics.

The usual nonsense coming from Iran. China is not going to give any CPEC money to Iran to build infrastructure in Pakistan when they are building it themselves.

I think Indians did the right thing, just like Iranians are doing.

You have to think about your national interests only, without being sentimental about any friendships.

A lesson, Pakistan by now MUST have learned!

Afghanistan is not idiot either.
They too will come to Pakistan.
India needs to learn a lot about geopolitics.
I would need a stretch of imagination or a leap of faith to believe that especially given the current belligerent posture of NDS terrorists but perhaps with a positive gesture of 500 million USD aid may help in changing it. But I really wish that both countries become friendly again and kick out the India aSSets.

I would need a stretch of imagination or a leap of faith to believe that especially given the current belligerent posture of NDS terrorists but perhaps with a positive gesture of 500 million USD aid may help in changing it. But I really wish that both countries become friendly again and kick out the India aSSets.

I understand why would you find it hard to believe.
But it will happen, you are looking at the current scenario.
Things are not necessarily how they appear to be.
That 500 AID is just a publicity stunt by Pakistan by the way, it will have little effect on Pak-Afghan relationship.

Now indians will object to Iran interest quietly. If Iran is not careful india will use its remaining access and terror network to unleash terror and try blaming Pakistan; just as indian PM Modi promised.

I understand why would you find it hard to believe.
But it will happen, you are looking at the current scenario.
Things are not necessarily how they appear to be.
That 500 AID is just a publicity stunt by Pakistan by the way, it will have little effect on Pak-Afghan relationship.
I will be among the most happiest people if that happens and I hope so too but I'm skeptical under the current Afghan setup but I'm sure it is temporary and will be replaced with a regime that will be more sensitive of Afghanistan's interests than obeying India.

Back
Top Bottom