What's new

Iran Mounts New Radar Systems on Fighter Jets

Look, this is the issue i have with Iran defense news and industry. Everytime they say they made something instead of releasing the facts like our defense industry does they usually fail to release specs on almost everything.They don't say exactly what these so called "upgrade" parts are and also end up glorifying/exaggerating to death something that turns out to be reverse engineered out of 1970. Till they start actually telling the truth instead of the "Great Satan" nonsense i will roll my eyes everytime something comes out of Iran.

It is getting to where you can time it almost to the day of the week when they will announce some new technical feat.

India is helping them with smuggled Russian radars. They alter the paint and claim it as their own.

Ok, let me destroy your argument.

1) When making such a claim, show some source.

2) Iran doesn't need India to smuggle anything Russian to them! Last i heard, The Iranians were about to acquire the Russian S-300 system. For all we know, the system could even be operational now. Iran can just buy what they want from Russia. And Iran wont risk angering Russia by stealing Russian technology.

3) And for some reason even if Iran decides to smuggle in a radar, India will not be the one to give. We have strictly maintained our neutrality in regards to Iran-Israel issue, and wont smuggle in anything that can be used to the detriment of Israel.

Also, Indo-Russian defence deals go back several decades and we have never had a problem of technology proliferation. India has always kept the technology given to herself. We even switched off radar of Su-30MKIs during exercises, so that the other participants wont get a 'taste' of it. And its because of such commitment India has shown that Russia is willing to share most of its tech with us.

If Iran got some Russian radars illegally, it would be through some other nation that operates Russian hardware. Maybe Syria?

Buddy, are you sure you are Russian? you sure are very much unaware of Russian defence dealings and Indo-Russian relationships

What are the specfication of that Radar? And which fighters they equiped with?

Iran Mounts New Radar Systems on Fighter Jets

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian commander announced here on Monday that the country's Air Force has equipped all its fighter jets with new radar systems and electronic devices to improve their performance in night operations.

"New electronic and radar systems have been used by the Air Force for night flights," General Amir Hossein Chitforoush told FNA.

Chitforoush further explained that night flights, combats and bombardments are carried out in absolute darkness and merely with the help of highly advanced radar systems, thus, to conduct night flights and bombardment, the country's fighter jets should still be equipped with more upgraded equipment and systems.

Iran in February announced self-sufficiency in the production of radars with a senior Iranian commander stressing that Tehran is now able to produce all types of radars by itself.

"We have the honor to announce that we have reached full self-sufficiency in the production of different types of the needed radars with different ranges and frequency bands," Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani said.

Another lame!!!:blah:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom