What's new

Iran major General Bagheri calls for budget increase in defense sector

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN, Jun. 16 (MNA) – Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran Major General Mohammad Bagheri has called for a budget increase to boost the countries defense capabilities.

The top General attended a close session of the Parliament on Tuesday, delivering a report on the latest developments and the performance of the Islamic Republic’s Armed Forces.

On the sidelines of the session, the spokesperson of the Presiding Board of the Parliament Mohammad Hossein Farhangi quoted Major General Bagheri as calling for a budget increase for the military sector in a bid to boost the country’s defense capabilities against different threats.

"We hope that the new Parliament will be able to take effective steps to meet the basic needs of the Armed Forces Headquarters", Farhangi stressed.

MR/4951025

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/159884...i-calls-for-budget-increase-in-defense-sector

TEHRAN, Jun. 16 (MNA) – Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran Major General Mohammad Bagheri has called for a budget increase to boost the countries defense capabilities.

The top General attended a close session of the Parliament on Tuesday, delivering a report on the latest developments and the performance of the Islamic Republic’s Armed Forces.

On the sidelines of the session, the spokesperson of the Presiding Board of the Parliament Mohammad Hossein Farhangi quoted Major General Bagheri as calling for a budget increase for the military sector in a bid to boost the country’s defense capabilities against different threats.

"We hope that the new Parliament will be able to take effective steps to meet the basic needs of the Armed Forces Headquarters", Farhangi stressed.

MR/4951025

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/159884...i-calls-for-budget-increase-in-defense-sector
Hope So. We all Know who and why destroyed Military/Space/Nuclear/industrial budget. Time has Come for an other rise in all fields. In all advanced countries civil sectors always enjoy the benefits of the Technologies that are Developed thanks to military industries.

I agree with him. but its bad politics to be saying it out loud at this time in my opinion.

oil revenues are down to 8billion from over 100 billion. enemies could exploit this as propaganda that Iran is ignoring its people and only investing in military. this is a move that should be taken quietly.

this year we have the highest deficit in budgen and this guy talk about increasing defence budget.:tsk:

I agree with him. but its bad politics to be saying it out loud at this time in my opinion.

oil revenues are down to 8billion from over 100 billion. enemies could exploit this as propaganda that Iran is ignoring its people and only investing in military. this is a move that should be taken quietly.

He said it in a closed session to Parliament while delivering his require report. So where did he say this out loud?

It was leaked out by the individual in the article.

He said it in a closed session to Parliament while delivering his require report. So where did he say this out loud?

It was leaked out by the individual in the article.

you really think if Sepah wanted this to be kept under wraps that farhangi guy (or whatever that MPs name is )would have openly broadcast it to the press?

my personal guess is Bagheri is lobbying on behalf of the armed forces for funding (as any head of any institution usually does with government funding)

he made this as a "be marg begir ta be tab razi beshan" tactic so Rouhani doesn't try to cut their official budget too much and keep it the same.. negotiation 101. and a Rouhani ally leaked it to make the IRGC look bad, or make it politically easier for him to get public sentiment on his side to play around with funding. .... (just my personal guess)

Last edited:
you really think if Sepah wanted this to be kept under wraps that farhangi guy (or whatever that MPs name is )would have openly broadcast it to the press?

Bagheri heads Artesh not Sepah. So Sepah involvement here is irrelevant.

It’s routine for armed forces to disclose information to parliament and request increases to their budget. It is done all over the world.

Don’t over exaggerate the magnitude of his words.

my personal guess is Bagheri is lobbying on behalf of the armed forces for funding (as any head of any institution usually does with government funding)

he made this as a "be marg begir ta be tab razi beshan" tactic so Rouhani doesn't try to cut their official budget too much and keep it the same.. negotiation 101. and a Rouhani ally leaked it to make the IRGC look bad, or make it politically easier for him to get public sentiment on his side to play around with funding. .... (just my personal guess)

Dude. First of all of he is called to Parliament to report on Iranian military and threats to the country. Happens around the world. Then after he delivers his report he will say in order to better combat threats we need an increase in budget to this factor and that factor. Again very common.

Nothing he did is a “tactic” it’s basic job etiquette as Chief of Staff.

Also Farhangi is from conservative bloc not reformist bloc. So I wouldn’t call him a “Rouhani ally”. He merely delivered a post meeting information speech that also highlighted the ability of the military. No nefarious means at all.

Back
Top Bottom