What's new

Iran, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea were rated most negatively.

zhero

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
BBC survey reveals negative views/images for Pakistan (methodology, countries polled etc. are available in the pdf file on the webpage). Why is Pakistan on top of the list? I can understand North Korea, and perhaps Israel doesn't always help it's case....

BBC NEWS | Special Reports | Russia and China seen negatively

And please, without bringing India into the discussion....;)

BBC survey reveals negative views/images for Pakistan (methodology, countries polled etc. are available in the pdf file on the webpage). Why is Pakistan on top of the list? I can understand North Korea, and perhaps Israel doesn't always help it's case....

How can we not bring Bharat into the discussion,w hen it was one of the 21 countries polled. Obviously, their attitudes towards Pakistan and China would have skewed the figures somewhat.

One country out of 21 would not account for 53% negative views for Pakistan.....

Its the time that Iran, Pakistan and North Korea sign a defensive pact! Unfortunately China or Russia wont join because its too risky for them!

One country out of 21 would not account for 53% negative views for Pakistan.....

Darkstar made a very valid point. Indians were sampled, noone knows how many since it's not mentioned.

I'd go further and add that the poll is likely going to list Muslim countries at the bottom since not a single Muslim country was listed in the sample.

I think without doubt the Indians would have voted India as the pride of the list, so you'll have to regard it as an inflated figure.

When you consider that most of Europe viewed India negatively, it suggests that the only reason India isn't further down is because the Central Americans hear more about Pakistan in their news than India.

"I'd go further and add that the poll is likely going to list Muslim countries at the bottom since not a single Muslim country was listed in the sample."

- roadrunner, countries sampled include Indonesia, Egypt and Nigeria. I think we can reasonably conclude that muslim countries were included (Not to mention the fact that India has a substantial muslim population...if you're looking for the 'muslim' angle).

So, why is Pakistan viewed so negatively?

"I'd go further and add that the poll is likely going to list Muslim countries at the bottom since not a single Muslim country was listed in the sample."

- roadrunner, countries sampled include Indonesia, Egypt and Nigeria. I think we can reasonably conclude that muslim countries were included (Not to mention the fact that India has a substantial muslim population...if you're looking for the 'muslim' angle).

I've given you an explanation, Mr Indian. You're either not bright enough to see it, or don't want to.

About 25 countries have been sampled, of them 2 are Muslim (and they probably don't view Pakistan that highly anyway).

Nigeria is half Christian and India is majoity Hindu. If you're including them, that's still only 4 "Muslim" countries, but that's really defining a "Muslim country" very loosely.

India is at the forefront of an International lobby to discredit, deomonise and declare a terrorist and failed state, of the Pakistani nation.

The media has been used to create an impression of Pakistan that is far from teh truth. Pakistanis are probably the biggest victims of terrorism in teh world these days, yet the media makes sure that we gain no sympathy from the world.

Pakistan has its fair share of problems. From the very basic issues such as human rights to major problems such as WoT facing the country today. No one can deny them. However, such polls don't reflect the reality. In fact, most alike polls that are conducted are biased and politically motivated. Anyone taking these polls too seriously is naive. It's quite ironic that you fail to mention India. India too is on the list which scores not so favourably. Being a so-called democracy I had expected better from India.

Last edited:

Many of reasons:
Theater of war on terror is Pakistan.Media show this but never show what Pakistan is doing.
We have a nuke and we are rarely democracy. It is easy to point finger at non-democratic country

roadrunner, your abusive rants are getting tiresome. Please refrain from these and stick to the facts.

Your assertion that "not a single Muslim country was listed in the sample" was far off the mark. More alarming is your tendency to form conclusions even before reading the report! Very childish....

"India is at the forefront of an International lobby to discredit, deomonise and declare a terrorist and failed state, of the Pakistani nation."

- Darkstar, there is an element of truth to this. However, I don't think the Indian lobbying efforts are entirely responsible for this. For example, Israel is considered to be fairly robust at lobbying and yet it is still among the list of nations viewed most negatively.....

Last edited:
Eighteen countries had mainly negative views of Pakistan's influence, according to the survey

POLITICS: Israel, Iran, Pakistan World's Least Popular Nations

when i read the highlighted part i wondered why you would say that, but i soon got the answer, :cheers:

Last edited:
I've given you an explanation, Mr Indian. You're either not bright enough to see it, or don't want to.

About 25 countries have been sampled, of them 2 are Muslim (and they probably don't view Pakistan that highly anyway).

Nigeria is half Christian and India is majoity Hindu. If you're including them, that's still only 4 "Muslim" countries, but that's really defining a "Muslim country" very loosely.

Ya, ya...

But I can't see any Hindu or Hindu majority nation which have supported India for that reason. It clearly shows votes are not given on this criteria.

Also, the thread was supposed to discuss lagging of Pakistan in the list....but what I see is only denial and fingers pointing towards India.

Ya, ya...

But I can't see any Hindu or Hindu majority nation which have supported India for that reason. It clearly shows votes are not given on this criteria.

Also, the thread was supposed to discuss lagging of Pakistan in the list....but what I see is only denial and fingers pointing towards India.

That's inaccurate. The person that posted this thread made it his target to specifically single out Pakistan. That person is obviously biased and anti-Pakistan. Everyone knows that on this forum. Many other nations including India are on the list. We should discuss them all and not put focus on one single country for biased reasons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom